You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #1

Default Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines

I have to say this was one of my favorite video games I have ever played. I know Troika, the developer, went out of business a few years ago. As far as I know no one has bought the rights to continue the Vampire series of games. Is it totally hopeless at this point, do you think?
Old 08-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
Schattenjäger

A masquerade MMO is being made, theyr calling it "world of darkness" and theres some trailers/teasers around. I'd muuuch rather see them make another bloodlines than an mmo... but at least its somthing?
In the mean time, do yourself a favor and play deus ex: human revolution, which was released a couple days ago. Its the closest thing to bloodlines since it came out. Its got a very similar vibe of city exploration with lots of sidequests and rpg elements.
Oh and likewise, to anyone enjoying deus ex who hasnt played bloodlines, they really should, as it is an amazing game.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:43 AM   #3

Bloodlines is one of my all time favourite games. despite the bugs (which there are fan-patches to fix) it's an amazing and great fun game
malkavian is just hilarious, although should absolutely not be chosen for a first playthrough (partly because some of the dialogue gives spoilers to later events and mostly because it just won't make sense until you know the game), nosferatu makes many scenes so very, very different having to be stealthy and the other clans, while not too different from eachother, provide a nice third option
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus
Old 08-26-2011, 03:21 AM   #4
BSC, SSC

If there ever was another Vampire game (after the MMO anyway), it would probably take place in the wussy Requiem setting rather than the Masquerade. Which might still be alright, but not quite the same. Bloodlines is utterly groovy though, the best RPG since Planescape.

Last edited by haptsonir; 08-26-2011 at 04:09 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
Schattenjäger

Actually, i think its safe to say we dont have to worry about a vampire game being set in requiem. That book came out nearly 8 years ago and it wasnt anywhere near as successful as masquerade. And since they are basing this new mmo on the masquerade, i think its clear that is the setting of choice. It just has so much better lore and meta-plot going on.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #6

Thanks for the responses everyone! At least I know I am not alone as a Bloodlines fan wishing for more

I have never done an MMO, the idea kind of turns me off, but so many games I have enjoyed in the past are being turned into MMOs so I may have to give them a shot.

And I'll have to look into this Deus Ex.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #7
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

Another fan of Bloodlines here (and of Troika, despite their shortcomings), not even remotely interested in the MMO though, unless they intend to do away with monthly fees and such.

Also a fan of Deus Ex, the original anyway. Haven't really paid too much attention to Human Revolution, looks interesting and heard good things, but Steam = Instant no buy from me.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #8
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

I think it's possible we could eventually see another non-MMO Vampire: The Masquerade game but it'd take a development team with initiative and a bit of power to make it happen. If someone like Eidos Montreal or one of the Rockstar teams wanted to make a true successor to Bloodlines, they could probably convince their mother companies to snatch up the rights, so let's hope there are some hardcore fans like us that have the power to make a new game a reality.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 08-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #9

I just want another bloodlines that was polished and released when it was done with a working source engine or unreal 3 engine (udk). Everything about it was amazing. From beginning to end.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 09-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandMax View Post
I think it's possible we could eventually see another non-MMO Vampire: The Masquerade game but it'd take a development team with initiative and a bit of power to make it happen. If someone like Eidos Montreal or one of the Rockstar teams wanted to make a true successor to Bloodlines, they could probably convince their mother companies to snatch up the rights, so let's hope there are some hardcore fans like us that have the power to make a new game a reality.
I'll keep my fingers crossed! But I won't hold my breath, lol
Old 09-03-2011, 12:20 AM   #11

Let us not forget about the awesome game Masquerade: Redemption!

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 09-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #12
Replicant

The fan patch turns it into a near flawless RPG (besides the... *shudders* warrens level, which was awful). Great mood and gameplay, it is still the best RPG since Deus Ex IMO. The hotel level is one of the scariest ever designed.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #13
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
The fan patch turns it into a near flawless RPG
Agreed, similarly with KotOR: The Sith Lords and the Restored Content Mod. God bless their tireless efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Let us not forget about the awesome game Masquerade: Redemption!
I'm not as big a fan of that one.