Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Deus Ex: Human Revolution (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/26462-deus-ex-human-revolution.html)

Niko 01-05-2011 07:37 AM

I wish they stopped putting the release date back :\ but i guess if we want a decent enough vanilla version to play while the patches are underway, we will have too :D

Hoipolloi 05-18-2011 11:53 AM

In case somebody hasn't heard of it, DeusEx.com recently earned the distinction of getting hacked, and a heap of mail adresses and customer data were stolen - luckily, no credit card info, at least that's what they say. BUT - source code of the upcoming game also appears to have been snatched. So we might soon know more than we probably want to.

The background to this hack is a drama in itself, with breakaway members of the hacking "group" Anonymous trying to frame one of their own.

http://images.techtree.com/ttimages/...13eidos600.jpg

True. But what to do if you have no other choice? :crazy: The folks from Sony never seem to learn - they just got hacked AGAIN.

Weare6 06-14-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 (Post 541931)
I have both the original games, but never played them. I might give them a try some day. Do you guys recommend them?

You have both..... and haven't played them yet...
Install them straight away sir cause you won't regret it. Just remember
the graphics/animation will be dated........ but everything else.... brilliant.
So get cracking cause it will give you a good insight of the world of Deus X
and set you up for whats to come.

Monolith 06-14-2011 07:15 PM

Please don't call it Deus X. :( It kills common sense.

But def check out the first two games. Unlike many people, I enjoyed the Second game. Just not as much as the first.

Weare6 06-15-2011 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 582855)
Please don't call it Deus X. :( It kills common sense.

But def check out the first two games. Unlike many people, I enjoyed the Second game. Just not as much as the first.

HA HA sorry Monolith.
I wasn't really focused when i typed this but yeah I see the frustration.

Intrepid Homoludens 06-16-2011 06:09 AM

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/galleri...1276965639.jpg

If you can get past that awkwardly inept dork in the glasses and Superman t-shirt...

Deus Ex Human Revolution - E3 2011: IGN Live Commentary

default 06-18-2011 04:00 AM

I'm going to throw away so many hours on this game... Can't wait.

Intrepid Homoludens 06-18-2011 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by default (Post 583148)
I'm going to throw away so many hours on this game... Can't wait.

If you're going to enjoy the game so much, I hardly think said hours would be thrown away.

default 06-18-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens (Post 583151)
If you're going to enjoy the game so much, I hardly think said hours would be thrown away.

Haha, I knew someone would call me out on my choice of words.

Let me rephrase... I'm going to "spend" so many hours on this game :)

Hammerite 06-23-2011 02:23 AM

Definitely looking forward to this. Wish it'd come out a bit earlier, as I might end up having to rush through it.

Which I do NOT want to have to do.

Intrepid Homoludens 06-23-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite (Post 583611)
Definitely looking forward to this. Wish it'd come out a bit earlier, as I might end up having to rush through it.

Which I do NOT want to have to do.

Lemme guess - school.

Just do your learnin', then use the game as your reward at the end of the day or week.

Monolith 06-23-2011 02:35 PM

Damn, I can't wait to see how this game is connected to the first game. I get so giddy hearing names of characters and factions in DX1 in this game. :)

Intrepid Homoludens 06-23-2011 02:51 PM

"Chocolent. It's chocolate. It's people. It's BOTH!"

Hammerite 06-25-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens (Post 583674)
Lemme guess - school.

Just do your learnin', then use the game as your reward at the end of the day or week.

Maybe I'll compromise and try to work it in to my thesis essay on postmodern literature.

Somehow.

:)

Lucien21 06-25-2011 01:18 PM

I was looking forward to this with trepidation. The first game was a classic, but the sequel less so.

Where will the threequal sit.

Initially rumours from people who have played it at E3 suggest that the game isn't looking that great.

Therefore I've tempered my anticipation in The hope that the reports are wrong or that they can turn it around.

Monolith 06-25-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucien21 (Post 583886)
I was looking forward to this with trepidation. The first game was a classic, but the sequel less so.

Where will the threequal sit.

Initially rumours from people who have played it at E3 suggest that the game isn't looking that great.

Therefore I've tempered my anticipation in The hope that the reports are wrong or that they can turn it around.

I heard quite the opposite. :/ Plus i enjoyed the demo. not to mention I enjoyed the second game quite a bit.

Hammerite 06-25-2011 01:34 PM

Those rumours seem a bit troubling, but then I wouldn't expect a crowded event like E3 would really be the best place to immerse yourself in a game like Deus Ex...

I do have very high hopes for this though, I admit.

Gabe 07-08-2011 10:47 AM

New game incredibly loyal to old ones,same old level design,map style inventory etc.even npc proportions(looks like old developers reunion hold place)
You'll see lots of detail around but even interaction options are same which why i found gameplay pretty dull.
Only different noticed personality analyse aug for conversation options.
Stalest thing is game still depending on hd fmvs to suck you in..
Looks like a template D.Ex conspiracy about to release and hope story wise
can show some different qualities at least.

Hammerite 07-16-2011 12:08 PM

Has anyone been watching the 'World of Deus Ex' trailers? Very interesting, and I'm glad they're finally starting to give more solid details on the more classically "Deus Ex" elements.

Links to 'em all here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=118268

Oh, I am anticipating this very, very much.

zane 07-16-2011 12:43 PM

it is taking all my will power to resist playing the "demo". But i love everything im hearing. A year-ish ago i thought this title was destined for disappointment.. now things are looking so much brighter.