Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   ANOTHER steam holiday sale. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/26047-another-steam-holiday-sale.html)

Crunchy in milk 12-22-2009 06:51 PM

ANOTHER steam holiday sale.

Publisher catalogue deals through January 3rd (50% of Ubisoft titles, 66% off Atari titles etc etc). 80% off indie titles. Telltale EVERYTHING pack, $50.

Daily crazy deals too. Today for $7.50US you can own Grand Theft Auto 4 (75% off). Mirror's Edge is up for $5 again too.

jbunniii 12-22-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk (Post 533713)
Publisher catalogue deals through January 3rd (50% of Ubisoft titles, 66% off Atari titles etc etc). 80% off indie titles. Telltale EVERYTHING pack, $50.

Daily crazy deals too. Today for $7.50US you can own Grand Theft Auto 4 (75% off). Mirror's Edge is up for $5 again too.

Yep, I just picked up GTA4. I also got The Witcher Enhanced/Director's Cut for $13.59. I'm considering Mirror's Edge too at that $5 price, even though I don't know much about it.

jbunniii 12-26-2009 11:34 AM

They have discounted Torchlight to $5, today only!

M-E 12-26-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbunniii (Post 533719)
Yep, I just picked up GTA4. I also got The Witcher Enhanced/Director's Cut for $13.59. I'm considering Mirror's Edge too at that $5 price, even though I don't know much about it.

Mirror's Edge is absolute genius imho! Although I must admit I played it on console, so I don't know how well the pc version plays.

Ninja Dodo 12-27-2009 12:52 AM

Anything first person is better on PC.

M-E 12-27-2009 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo (Post 533998)
Anything first person is better on PC.

What I meant was that the console version took quite a while to master, while the PC version might be too easy due to the mouse-keyboard controls.

Denaron 12-27-2009 03:59 AM

Woah, awesome prices!

I think i'll buy Red Faction: Guerilla. It costs only $9,99!

EDIT: Awww, not anymore!! :(

Quote:

Grand Theft Auto 4 (75% off).
I wish I had bought it. :(

I'm looking for GTA 4 on steam deals but i can't find it even for the normal price. They have sold it just for a while?

Crunchy in milk 12-27-2009 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denaron (Post 534010)
I'm looking for GTA 4 on steam deals but i can't find it even for the normal price. They have sold it just for a while?

It is not sold in your region (on steam). On Gog.com there was another gamer in Brasil who wanted to buy GTA 4 on steam and had to seek the aid of a US/Canada resident to buy and gift it to him through steam. There is a thread about it on the gog.com general forum. Its dedicated to helping people get around the steam currency/region blocks.

I was thinking of getting RFG too, but its had some nightmare reports on the steam forums for stability. The steam version still hasn't been updated with the latest official patch. I did pick up Armoured Princess (the sequel to King's Bounty) for $10. Chuffed.

Denaron 12-27-2009 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk (Post 534020)
It is not sold in your region (on steam). On Gog.com there was another gamer in Brasil who wanted to buy GTA 4 on steam and had to seek the aid of a US/Canada resident to buy and gift it to him through steam. There is a thread about it on the gog.com general forum. Its dedicated to helping people get around the steam currency/region blocks.

I was thinking of getting RFG too, but its had some nightmare reports on the steam forums for stability. The steam version still hasn't been updated with the latest official patch. I did pick up Armoured Princess (the sequel to King's Bounty) for $10. Chuffed.

Ohhh, I see. I'll check that thread on gog.com. About RFG, what a shame, I think I'll wait then.

Thank you Crunchy!

Pinchpenny 12-30-2009 11:45 AM

I do love Steam's insane sales. If I hadn't got such a preference for physical, retail copies then I'd probably be spending like mad right now. I definitely recommend checking out Torchlight, Braid, Trine and World of Goo for some non-adventure discounts, although you might be best to wait until the very last day of the sales, just incase they include anything you want during their daily special deals.

Crunchy in milk 12-30-2009 02:35 PM

Kind of annoying that you need to be there when the counter switches over. Some days (maybe all?) they've had deals that only lasted the first few hours of the one day sale. Prey got pulled hours after that day's sale started (yesterday). Today, Max Payne 1 and 2 where on sale for less than $3 each and they ran out hours after Today's deals started.

booB 12-30-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk (Post 534345)
Today, Max Payne 1 and 2 where on sale for less than $3 each and they ran out hours after Today's deals started.

They're on sale for $2.50 US right now. Hurry! 11 hours left!