Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   The Last Guardian from Playstation Lifestyle (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/24714-last-guardian-playstation-lifestyle.html)

Intrepid Homoludens 05-19-2009 05:50 PM

The Last Guardian from Playstation Lifestyle

http://www.blogcdn.com/playstation.j...2009-580px.jpg

Click the image to go there (teaser trailer).

Talk about it.

SoccerDude28 05-19-2009 08:53 PM

The boy has a huge resemblance to the kid from ICO, and his female companion is replaced by a giant bird. Looks truly fascinating.

Lucien21 05-19-2009 10:27 PM

Interesting.

Look forward to seeing more about how you play the game.

silent_m 05-19-2009 10:40 PM

Looks like a baby griffin to me. Can't wait - ICO and Shadow of the Colossus are 2 of my all-time faves, and this one looks very promising, although the trailer doesn't really show anything revolutionary regarding gameplay, but it's still early.

CrimsonBlue 05-19-2009 11:42 PM

It's a unique creature, so I don't think it's a griffin (gryphon). Looks like a mix between a cat, rat and a dragon. And Falkor. :P

nomadsoul 05-20-2009 02:05 AM

Woke up , went to office, there was constant chatter, i said what i missed. I checked the trailer and floored in amazement.

trailer is year old, placeholder name and music, but man evrything what imagined and more, same feeling, same vibe , even the graphics are year old and for test purpose, it still is more atmospheric than shadery nextgen.

Considering the painstaking gameplay , i wonder if it will make this year. Anyways teamico has done hatrick.

(My idea was some big figure/alien connected with boy with chain based on teaser chain image before, and you have to solve puzzles together considering the bounded nature and using chain itself in different ways. I figured helping companion because all ueda games are inspired from anotherworld/heartofdarkness, if you think hard , this game is not too different , some alien helping it out, but this time collosal rat hybrid will surely change dynamics of gameplay).

Some reservations

I am not that much in awe with rat design, hope they change it, its not so original and too generic animish.

I hope there will be other collosal creatures to avoid OR fight.

And first game in series to have human enemies, well they should not be in good number to destroy isolation.

OutlawJim 05-20-2009 04:51 PM

This really blew me away when I saw it this afternoon, another one to add to my wishlist. What I want to know is how much control you'll have, whether it be you play the kid, with no real control over the gryphony thing, or you control it. Might be cool not to have any direct control over the gryphon thing, like its a real creature, but that could get tedious.

kuze 05-21-2009 02:49 AM

I'm certain you won't have any control over the kitty, just like you had none over the girl in ICO and the horse in SotC. It's about bonding with your fellow, which wouldn't really work if you control him.

nomadsoul 05-21-2009 03:12 AM

Wait you didn't have control on horse?
Maybe i played different version.

kuze 05-21-2009 07:02 AM

You controlled it like any horseman controls his horse, not directly but by giving it commands via your character it might or might not follow. But maybe I got the question wrong, and OutlawJim was asking whether there will be this kind of control over the kitty creature.

nomadsoul 05-21-2009 08:45 AM

Even without wanderer, the horse controls would have been similar, horse can can only run, jump and move slow like when we get control by hopping on its back.

Same thing here, (i guess) once you will mount rathybrid , you can control it, more like mounting and control. Using body to reach places, hang and what not. However once you are unmounted(you will play as boy) and can only order/call (like yoda).

Still early prototype, the original NICO trailer and Sotc was different, so wonder how many changes will take place in final version. The team is amazing to make impossible possible, so really hyped after this trailer, sony must show something at E3, updated build, and i believe this leak was intentional, since its way old, maybe plan is to leak old build for hype and blow fans further by showing new build at E3.

ggreen737 05-21-2009 07:51 PM

I F'ING love Team ICO, and I've loved both games so far. For me, it seems like they create games that truly capture the essence of dreams. Reminds me a lot of books like "Where the Wild Things Are" and such. Child dreams and fantasies re-imagined!

Ninja Dodo 05-22-2009 03:41 AM

When this comes out, I will buy a PS3.

TiAgUh 05-22-2009 04:54 AM

buy one for me too

silent_m 05-23-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo (Post 509186)
When this comes out, I will buy a PS3.

Yes, I think I will FINALLY have to break down and get one too because of this game. I've been holding out, just waiting for either (A) the price to come down or (B) Heavy Rain or trICO to finally be released.

Ninja Dodo 05-24-2009 01:00 AM

Yeah, for me there's no point buying a console unless there's something really special on it (that you can't get anywhere else). I only bought my PS2 to play Ico and Colossus plus We Love Katamari and since then my library has not expanded beyond Sands of Time and Okami.

I don't buy the games for the console, I buy the console for the games.

Right now reasons for me to get a PS3 are: Little Big Planet, Brutal Legend and this.

nomadsoul 05-24-2009 07:08 AM

I have my friends all around me to buy PS3 for gow3, i think its most wanted game after MGS4, why nobody showing kratos love here?
Maybe after E3, lol.

Ninja Dodo 05-24-2009 07:16 AM

No Kratos love from me. I respect the work behind it and on paper it should be something I would like (Greek mythology, grand adventure) but the all-out nastiness plus Quick Time Events ruin it for me.

TiAgUh 05-24-2009 12:39 PM

Many love gow, i dont see why

nomadsoul 05-24-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiAgUh (Post 509580)
Many love gow, i dont see why

Battle system, cool cinematic bloody, nicely choreographed finishers,outstanding bossfights, badassery to limits, epicness, generic greek myth turned totally creative, both in artistic design and story/presentation, compounded with epic musical score.

Thats gow for me. I dont mind QTE, its not like game is easy and dont require hardhitting fight skills like DMC.