Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Anyone still playing their GameCube? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/21464-anyone-still-playing-their-gamecube.html)

Reflection 12-06-2007 05:00 AM

I checked Amazon, they have Aggressive Inline for the GC for under £5 including p+p. why on earth is that eBay user selling it for almost £600, surely a typo?!

MdaG 12-08-2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoriartyL (Post 451038)
Yes. Yes, definitely. Twilight Princess has many flaws, and fundamental ones. It has occasional points which are as good as anything in Ocarina of Time (and some which are positively brilliant), but the game as a whole has no idea what it's doing.

I'm thinking of getting a Wii. If it's on Virtual Console I'll get it. My girlfriend wants to play Super Mario Bros. from the 8-bit so I hope it's there as well ;)

MoriartyL 12-09-2007 05:01 AM

Also a fine game. And yes, they're both on VC.

Atlantis 12-09-2007 07:11 AM

And you want more?! xD

JKR 12-12-2007 02:53 PM

Plus Pokemon Snap just came out on the VC. How I loved that little game...

Reflection 12-13-2007 07:20 AM

If I purchase a Freeloader, every U.S. GC game should work on a UK GC console, right?

JKR 12-13-2007 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reflection (Post 452189)
If I purchase a Freeloader, every U.S. GC game should work on a UK GC console, right?

Supposedly. I never tried one myself.

Dark Veil 12-14-2007 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reflection (Post 452189)

Without a hitch.
I've bought one to play US only games like Mortal Kombat: Deception (and because US games are cheaper than PAL games).
Never had any problems, unlike my experience with DCX for dreamcast.
Even games like Harvest Moon: Magical Melody which came out after the last version of Freeloader (1.06b) work like a charm.

Wii owners beware though, as it does seem to be incompatible with the latest Wii firmware.
I haven't been able to check this out as I haven't got a Wii yet.

wildcat 12-14-2007 02:42 PM

No, the freeloader doesn't work with the Wii. They did release another version that worked for a while but one of Nintendo's updates sorted that one out :frown: That's why I still own my GameCube as well as my Wii.

Reflection 12-14-2007 03:11 PM

Cool. Thanks.

*Counts GameCube games*

Woah...I have almost 80 now.

I want to get Chibi Robo, but don't want to pay over £40 on eBay for it!

Jatsie 12-14-2007 05:41 PM

80!? Christ! I've had my Gamecube for ages, and I only ever bothered buying 8 games for it, lol.

Endosanity 12-15-2007 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reflection (Post 452349)
Cool. Thanks.

*Counts GameCube games*

Woah...I have almost 80 now.

I want to get Chibi Robo, but don't want to pay over £40 on eBay for it!

80? Nice! Gotta love those mini disks. My daughter has played Chibi Robo to no end. She already beat it but says "I missed something" and keeps going back. I couldn't get into it myself.

MdaG 12-15-2007 08:07 AM

I have Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil 0 & 1 and Metroid Prime 1 & 2. That's a total of five games and I don't think I'll add any more to my collection. Nintendo have some quality games for sure, but I think the Wii is the future and when it matures I'll continue with that. Until then I'm sticking with my Playstation 2 and XBOX 360.

Reflection 12-15-2007 08:22 AM

I bought 90% of my GC games off eBay and Amazon, I wouldn't pay over £30 for a second hand game. Even if it's rare.

Now I just need the time to play some of the games. :(

Also need to put up two shelves, as the GC games are all stacked up behind my TV! ;D

Terramax 12-15-2007 08:48 AM

I've contacted the seller informing them of the price. Im dead cert they intended to sell at £5.99

Is Ikaruga great? Yes. Don't take my word for it. Whenever I play my DC I wanna play Under Defeat 2-players but NOOOOOoooooo, all my friends wanna play Ikaruga 2-players.

I'm a major shmup fan, and this game is pretty legendary. You can get it for GC for about £20 on Amazon including P+P. I'd seriously suggest getting hold of it before it suddenly goes mega rare and you're expected to pay £60.

I have a Dreamcast copy worth £40. I sold a new, sealed copy a few months back for around £70. It's only a matter of time with the GC version also.

Marrow 12-16-2007 06:13 PM

I would play on my gamecube but it died.
Atleast I was able to finish PoP: Sands of Time.

Reflection 12-17-2007 04:46 PM

Ikaruga looks good, but I heard it's too hard and the final boss is impossible to beat. I liked R-Type a lot but was frustrated at having to start from the beginning when I got a single hit.

My latest GC purchases - The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Fun so far, camera angle can be a bit annoying though.

Terramax 12-18-2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reflection (Post 452711)
Ikaruga looks good, but I heard it's too hard and the final boss is impossible to beat. I liked R-Type a lot but was frustrated at having to start from the beginning when I got a single hit.

Ikaruga is one of those games where you've either got the nache or you haven't. When you die you don't go to the start of the level like R-Type, Gradius, etc.

I've gotten to level... 3 or 4. I dunno. But put it this way. None of my friends like shmups period. But no matter how terrible some of these guys are at these games, they won't stop playing it, and they get better at it fast.

One of them is a World of Warcraft lover, yet this pretty much the only game I've ever been able to get him to play other than WoW.

I'm sure you've got Mario Sunshine but I love that game. It's the only GC game I have left (since I sold off my 50+ collection years ago).

I've avoided playing it for 2 years now. I'm hoping I'll just randomly completely forget about what the game was like, play it again, and relive it like the first time. And this is coming from someone who couldn't understand what the fuss was with Mario 64.

Reflection 12-22-2007 04:49 AM

Sold off 50+. :(

Mario Sunshine is ok, but I lost interest in it pretty quick and I found Mario 64 to be too overrated.

I'm enjoying Chibi-Robo lately, it's fun in a Animal Crossing kinda a way.

MdaG 12-22-2007 01:37 PM

I never viewed the Gamecube as a success at all, comparing it with the Dreamcast. Among my friends it was either PC or PS2, though I knew some liked the XBOX.