Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Good PS1 games? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/18790-good-ps1-games.html)

CrimsonBlue 02-08-2007 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXo (Post 389045)
As far as Castlevania SOTN goes, anyone with a X360 can download and play it via the LivaArcade now.

Yes, and it's also going to be released on the PSP.

Dasilva 02-08-2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue (Post 389051)
Yes, and it's also going to be released on the PSP.

Honestly who buys games for PSPs these days?! UMDs is where its at! :P

SoccerDude28 02-08-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasilva (Post 389077)
Honestly who buys games for PSPs these days?! UMDs is where its at! :P

I can't wait for the new Ratchet and Clank game on the PSP. I just love the R&C franchise.

usman 03-03-2007 08:51 AM

Well, you may also try "The Neverhood" clone on PS1 know as "Skull Monkeys". It's a good game but I doubt it might be out of print now.

Dasilva 03-03-2007 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usman (Post 395562)
Well, you may also try "The Neverhood" clone on PS1 know as "Skull Monkeys". It's a good game but I doubt it might be out of print now.

That game got many mediocre reviews, and their quite expensive on ebay.

MadTricks 03-03-2007 04:03 PM

Gran Turismo 2
Driver
Crash Bandicoot Warped
Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear
Delta Force

..just games I Enjoyed the most

Terramax 03-12-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasilva (Post 395564)
That game got many mediocre reviews, and their quite expensive on ebay.

I played it once and it really wasn't that fun. If you want a good platformer, get Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (which is also hard to get and quite expensive).

Just finished Vagrant Story. One of the most amazing stories and endings ever. Seriously, If I were 5 years younger I probably would've literally cried with joy on the ending.

Almost impossible to complete without a players guide unless you have an extreme force of will.

Now I'm playing final fantasy tactics (imported) by the makers of Vagrant Story and I'll be playing Metal Gear Solid for the 20th time soon.

marshal99 03-12-2007 06:17 PM

Ah , Final Fantasy tactics . Great game , you might need a guide to show you how to get Cloud & his sword (seperately) in the later stages though.

A bit slow in the beginning but once you get to master the system and your party start to swell with your recruits , there are plenty of possibilities to explore.

Dasilva 03-13-2007 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terramax (Post 397779)
Just finished Vagrant Story. One of the most amazing stories and endings ever. Seriously, If I were 5 years younger I probably would've literally cried with joy on the ending.

Your telling me that game has impressed me more than any other game I can think of. It seemed like a end of life cycle PS2 game never mind a PS1 game. :)

JemyM 03-13-2007 07:42 AM

I have to agree that Tomb Raider have very little to offer today. Tomb Raider Legends is good though.

For PSX I have planned to play:
Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil 1-3
Final Fantasy VII

I also finished Silent Hill

Dasilva 03-13-2007 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JemyM (Post 397910)
I have to agree that Tomb Raider have very little to offer today.

*gets out axe*

Quote:

Originally Posted by JemyM (Post 397910)
Tomb Raider Legends is good though.

*sigh of relief*

:D

pointandcliklover 03-15-2007 12:14 PM

discworld on ps1 that would be great.

a fun racing game that is pretty much unheard of is motor mash. A fun platformer that wll make you want to tear your hair out is rayman 1 and of course rascle.