Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Last finished game (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14290-last-finished-game.html)

Maquisard 12-01-2006 12:57 AM

Finally got around to finishing Half Life 1. Oh, and Bone 1 shortly after that.

Jelena 12-07-2006 01:01 PM

I finally finished Sentinel tonight. I've had it on my computer for months, if not a year and always found other games more interesting.
It's a great puzzle game though with beautiful graphics. No story IMO and I guess that's why I left it for such a long time.
Anyway, an urge to look for clues, draw maps and solve logic puzzles made me bite into it again.

Maquisard 12-07-2006 01:06 PM

Bone: The Great Cow Race.

Maquisard 12-07-2006 04:04 PM

Half Life: Opposing Force

JemyM 12-08-2006 04:59 AM

Alone in the Dark 2 (6/10)
Nice plot but very annoying combat.

Alone in the Dark 3 (7/10)
Better plot and better told story, slightly less annoying combat.

Waxworks (7/10)
Four scenarios. Pyramid was annoying (just walking around in a large trap-infested insta-kill dungeon bashing opponents), Cemetary was very short and overfilled with combat. London and Mine was cool though (and definitely the most adventurefocused parts).

Time to start working on the Elvira series.

10 = Worth buying collectors edition
9 = Great
8 = Recommended unless you hate the genré
7 = Not for everybody but I enjoyed it
6 = Probably for fans only
5 = Definitely for fans only
4 = Would probably not even recommend this for fans of the genré
1-3 = So poor I probably would not finish it so you wont see about it in this thread

samIamsad 12-08-2006 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JemyM (Post 371586)
Waxworks (7/10)
Four scenarios. While Pyramid and Cemetary was a bit lame, London and Mine was cool (and definitely the most adventurefocused parts).

Cool! :D Oh man, I wish Horrorsoft would have been making these forever. I was so excited seeing a company focusing on gory horror games at that time... Did you finish Waxworks without a walkthrough? :D Oh, and I thought the cemetery section kicked major butt. I still remember the day I got my copy, opened the heavy box (WTF? 10 disks), a friend came arround, I let him play. He knocked off a zombie's head with his bare fists, couldn't kill it and ran like crazy. Only to realize the zombie (minus its head) was still after him! That was.. amazing. My heart was racing like crazy later that night and I was playing with the lights on.

A couple of days later another friend was so excited that he told his mom about this cool new game he's going to buy in which you're getting your insides turned out by undead, your arms and legs removed by a mutant plant, and countless other cruelties. Needless to say, mom said: "NO!" :D

JemyM 12-08-2006 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samIamsad (Post 371587)
Cool! :D Oh man, I wish Horrorsoft would have been making these forever. I was so excited seeing a company focusing on gory horror games at that time... Did you finish Waxworks without a walkthrough? :D Oh, and I thought the cemetery section kicked major butt. I still remember the day I got my copy, opened the heavy box (WTF? 10 disks), a friend came arround, I let him play. He knocked off a zombie's head with his bare fists, couldn't kill it and ran like crazy. Only to realize the zombie (minus its head) was still after him! That was.. amazing. My heart was racing like crazy later that night and I was playing with the lights on.

A couple of days later another friend was so excited that he told his mom about this cool new game he's going to buy in which you're getting your insides turned out by undead, your arms and legs removed by a mutant plant, and countless other cruelties. Needless to say, mom said: "NO!" :D

Waxworks was one of the games I wanted to play when I was younger but never got my hands on. I remember I glared on a walkthrough in a computer magazine that also had more screenshots from the game and I avoided to read the text so it wouldnt spoil me. I am a fan of both horrorgames and roleplaying games so Waxworks was kinda meant for me. :)

Although with the really old games I use walkthroughs theese days. I have too many games that I like to play through and I mostly go for the story/experience not so much chasing puzzles.

The zombiebashing was fun, but the Cemetary part was very short.

samIamsad 12-09-2006 03:34 AM

Did you play the Amiga version? The music totally owns the horrible Adlib sounds of the PC version. You can find most tracks here: http://www.nemmelheim.de/horrorsoft/ The only thing you need to play them is that mod plugin for your browser linked to when you get there. It also plays mod files from the zip-files you can download in the music section of that site. All you need to do is to unzip them and to type the file's location into your browser bar. Weeee, memories! :D

JemyM 12-09-2006 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samIamsad (Post 371892)
Did you play the Amiga version? The music totally owns the horrible Adlib sounds of the PC version. You can find most tracks here: http://www.nemmelheim.de/horrorsoft/ The only thing you need to play them is that mod plugin for your browser linked to when you get there. It also plays mod files from the zip-files you can download in the music section of that site. All you need to do is to unzip them and to type the file's location into your browser bar. Weeee, memories! :D

Yeah, the Amiga mod's was much better than the PC music for sure. Especially the Cemetary. One hint for Horrorsoft is to use Roland as your soundcard instead of Soundblaster, which improves the music quality a bit. Not a great deal though. Im sitting with Elvira 2 now. I wish I could use the .mod music instead of the midi :)

JemyM 12-09-2006 04:43 AM

Elvira (7/10)
Somewhat annoying combat and several difficult to navigate/deadly mazes. Non-linear.

guyver1 12-09-2006 11:42 AM

dbz 2 something

I rented it wednesday and finished it friday pretty short I rented it but the character and game play was awesome 2 player not so great but i am putting it on my christmas list:D

MoriartyL 12-17-2006 02:56 AM

Bone: Out from Boneville

An empty shell.
2/5

I wrote up a more complete review, in which I argue that this game could actually detract from one's appreciation of the original, in this post.

insane_cobra 12-17-2006 04:08 AM

Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising

A good idea (RTS with vehicles you can drive yourself), starts well, becomes boring.

MadTricks 01-06-2007 05:13 PM

http://images.koffer.ee/images/MadTricks/mi1.jpg
The Secret of Monkey Island

YAY! Holy Monkey Bladder!!
Finally Completed, first time... I know...shoot me..
Best humor and jokes that game can give you. I have never laughed so hard at computer game, in positive way.
Graphics were great, so was the story.
Puzzles were hard enough to make me use walkthrough.
Great game, just great.

8.5/10

Next big adventure: "Grow a mustache"

JemyM 01-07-2007 12:26 AM

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (6/10)
Avernum (7/10)

10 = Worth buying collectors edition
9 = Great
8 = Recommended unless you hate the genré
7 = Not for everybody but I enjoyed it
6 = Probably for fans only
5 = Definitely for fans only
4 = Would probably not even recommend this for fans of the genré
1-3 = So poor I probably would not finish it so you wont see about it in this thread

Maquisard 01-07-2007 02:42 AM

Recently completed games:

Half-Life: Blue Shift
Knytt
Sam & Max: Culture Shock
Sam & Max: Situation Comedy

Ps3Lover 01-07-2007 07:14 AM

I just completed :

Mystery Case Files : Ravenhearts

Brilliant Puzzle design, reminds me some of Bad mojo.
7/10

lumi 01-07-2007 07:18 PM

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

A good blend of stealth and action. I liked all the bosses, and the characters were interesting. I played it on easy, which was too easy, so I'll play it on hard next.

Hammerite 01-13-2007 02:05 PM

silent hill 2

great game, i got the 'leave' ending.
are there any REALLY good reasons for me to play it again, considering i can see the other endings on YouTube?

silent hill 3 will be purchased soon!

insane_cobra 01-13-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite (Post 380957)
are there any REALLY good reasons for me to play it again, considering i can see the other endings on YouTube?

Several unlockable weapons, but I think that's it. I had more fun with unlockable weapons in SH3, some of them are really crazy.

Monroeski 01-13-2007 07:30 PM

Beat GUN for the Gamecube last weekend. Did it in two days, probably about 5 to 6 hours of playtime, having done most or all of the side quests. Fun little game, some obvious flaws; worth the $10 I paid for it new, but not worth much more.

JemyM 01-14-2007 07:58 AM

Divine Divinity (8/10) (How did I miss this gem?)

Hammerite 01-14-2007 11:32 AM

btw, i've read that silent hill 3 has connections to silent hill 1.
should i bother looking hard for the first, or is there really no need?

JemyM 01-14-2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite (Post 381203)
btw, i've read that silent hill 3 has connections to silent hill 1.
should i bother looking hard for the first, or is there really no need?

All four SH games are worth playing. Silent Hill 1 is an excellent game and still incredibly creepy despite the aging PS graphics. I played it after SH2 and I ended up liking SH even more. Throughout all four games I still consider the school from SH1 to be the creepiest place.

SH1 plays extremely well in playstation emulators for PC, I used one of theese to finish the game myself.

Zack 01-15-2007 05:16 PM

I finished playing The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay last night about 12:15p.m. on my second playthrough, this time on the Normal Setting. It is one of the best action games I have ever played because it's exciting, and challenging at the same time. Playing as Riddick is awesome, especially when you're creeping around in the dark, and killing a guard from behind.

Davies 01-16-2007 05:21 PM

I started and finished Physicus in a couple of days before Christmas (when I had no work to do -- hooray! -- and could essentially play games all day).

It was fairly easy, as expected for a game aimed at roughly school age, but pretty darn satisfying. It has become my new model for how educational games ought to be.

And I even FINALLY managed to learn how pulleys work!

TangentBlack 01-17-2007 09:56 AM

Hey Jemy, what set Divine Divinity apart from other overhead hack & slasher RPGs? Usually you and I have similar gaming tastes judging from some of your posts so I was thinking about purchasing it but a little hesitant because I don't want a repeat gaming experience considering all the other games I have to play.

Elisabetta611 01-18-2007 07:59 PM

Recently finished Morrowind. All expansions. Now I'm playing Mods.

Wow, IMO this is a much better game than Oblivion. :9

Gonchi 01-19-2007 05:22 AM

Just finished Max Payne. As far as TPS' go, it's alright.

Briton 01-19-2007 11:14 AM

I polished off Timesplitters: Future Perfect over Christmas because my file corrupted (it's the Gamecube version if you are interested). Also completed Conflict Desert Storm on 4 player around the same time.

MdaG 01-19-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TangentBlack (Post 382150)
Hey Jemy, what set Divine Divinity apart from other overhead hack & slasher RPGs? Usually you and I have similar gaming tastes judging from some of your posts so I was thinking about purchasing it but a little hesitant because I don't want a repeat gaming experience considering all the other games I have to play.

I felt it had more depth than for instance Diablo. You can basically pick up anything and the world feels more alive. In the hack 'n slash genre I've played Nox, Diablo 1 & 2 and Divine Divinity. The only one that left an impression was DD.

TangentBlack 01-19-2007 07:16 PM

Ok, sounds good. I have also played Nox and Diablo 1 & 2; if DD is better than those two than it is well worth the purchase. Thanks MdaG.

jedicri 01-20-2007 12:11 PM

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Very light on the RPG side (kinda disappointed on this aspect of the game) but heavy on the action ---- an enjoyable game overall.

Tiocfaidh 01-22-2007 03:01 AM

I finally finished GTA:Liberty City Stories on Saturday.

Vice City Stories is on it´s way to PS2 as well ...

http://pspupdates.qj.net/GTA-Vice-Ci...80117#comments

Ghettobob22 01-22-2007 06:31 PM

Indigo Prophecy(Fahrenheit) - 7/10
Picked this up for my PS2 awhile ago, great unique game despite its flaws.

Wimli 01-25-2007 08:25 AM

Echo: Secret of the Lost Cavern

This game starts out really well with some creative and challenging puzzles. But halfway through, something went wrong during development. There's a lack of feedback so you often do not know what exactly is expected of you with a puzzle, so in the end your just clicking on everything in a trial-and-error kind of way. This is only worsened by the fact the game is linear as hell. Literally only one puzzle at a time. Solve that one, and you progress to the next one. Combine that with a complete non-ending (that secret of the title remains just that) and you've got flawed game that starts out great, but ends up being a disappointment.

insane_cobra 01-25-2007 03:06 PM

FInished Giants: Citizen Kabuto. Didn't think much of it at first, but it's a good game. Not brilliant, but good. Nice variety of missions (yet they somehow manage to feel repetitive at times), decent graphics (amazing for that time), so-so gameplay and bad humor. Fine, but I expected more from people who made one of my favorite games of all time (and that would be MDK).

SnorkleCat 01-25-2007 11:18 PM

Yikes...I can't remember...I've been going through an RPG/Strategy phase and have been playing Wesnoth, Morrowind, and Oblivion for months....but I also have lots of adventure games that I've started but haven't finished yet (Tunguska, Last Express, Broken Sword)...the last finished one might have been Gabriel Knight 3...eep...why can't I remember? I need ginkgo.

For cell phone games, I recently finished Prince of Persia; Sands of Time and Johnny Crash Does Texas.

Zack 01-27-2007 10:14 PM

Well, I finished playing Dreamfall: The Longest Journey on the X-Box at 12a.m, and I loved it.:)

The gameplay, was fun, and a little easy, even though the stealth sequences were tricky to do. The puzzles had a very logical feel to them, although the two mini-games with the lockpick and the mobile phone were really frustrating. The highlight of the game for me was the story, and the Characters. The Characters were wonderful, and it was a real pleasure seeing Crow and April Ryan again. The story was also really intriguing, and it motivated me to go on after each plot twist was introduced.

Finally, the game had the most dramatic ending that I've ever seen in an adventure game. And it definitely left room for a sequel. I have to wonder now if Funcom will make a new Longest Journey game or not. So, overall I thought it was a great game, and I recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it yet.

AdrianWerner 01-27-2007 11:43 PM

I've just finished RainbowSix:Vegas, what a huge dissapointment :( Where did my tactical shooter go? :(