Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Games you're most looking forward to (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14284-games-youre-most-looking-forward.html)

Hammerite 04-19-2006 11:30 PM

Is there going to be a Deus Ex 3, btw, i think the ff7 remake was an april fool's joke. sorry.

Orange Brat 04-19-2006 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite
i think the ff7 remake was an april fool's joke. sorry.

Maybe, but this would be the first I've heard of it, and you would think that one would have made the rounds(fake or not). Probably an IGN thing. ;)

We'll find out in the coming days I suppose. I think it's inevitable given the oodles of cash there is to be made from a remake. Plus, they're making all kinds of crossover games involving those characters, so I think it's a missed opportunity if they don't.

jjacob 04-20-2006 12:43 AM

Quote:

Is there going to be a Deus Ex 3, btw, i think the ff7 remake was an april fool's joke. sorry.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=101101

That's about the last we heard of it, and since Ion Storm is history, well, I'm not hopeful (though I'd want to be). Warren Spector has since founded Junction Point studios, and he's working on;
Quote:

We are currently working with Valve on a new game using the Source Engine to be delivered via Steam, and are looking for top talent from within the industry to help us out.
I'm guessing that's not Deus Ex 3; after IW they immediately started working on another sequel, but I think Eidos still has the rights (correct me if I'm wrong), so I'm guessing to avoid hassle he's working on something else (Thief 4 perhaps? nah..). I really hope Eidos will someday give Spector the rights.

Hammerite 04-21-2006 12:52 PM

the game theyre currently working on is NOT deus ex 3, i emailed them about it yonks ago and they said though it incorporates elements from the deus ex series like the character development and the freedom aspect, it is an original game.

jjacob 04-22-2006 02:27 AM

Oh well, doesn't hurt to have them create some original game. If Spector's making it, I'm buying it :D

MysterD 04-23-2006 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjacob
http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=101101

That's about the last we heard of it, and since Ion Storm is history, well, I'm not hopeful (though I'd want to be). Warren Spector has since founded Junction Point studios, and he's working on;

I'm guessing that's not Deus Ex 3; after IW they immediately started working on another sequel, but I think Eidos still has the rights (correct me if I'm wrong), so I'm guessing to avoid hassle he's working on something else (Thief 4 perhaps? nah..). I really hope Eidos will someday give Spector the rights.

I doubt Spector even would want to do a DX 3. He probably is doing something else.

He wasn't too much involved w/ DX: IW, as it was. Warren Spector didn't even work too much on DX: IW; he pretty much looked over the project, as Executive Producer. This game was pretty much Harvey Smith's baby.

Link:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/437/437677p1.html

Quote:

Warren Spector: Ok. My name is Warren Spector. My personal title is Studio Director. I conceived the original Deus Ex and was the project director on the game. Now I'm working mostly as chief kibitzer, I guess… You know, Harvey Smith and I have been working together for over ten years now, and half the time he completes my sentences before I can, and he understands Deus Ex inside out. It was time for him to step and play a bigger role - I kind of had to get out of the way a little bit.

Mostly what I'm doing is working with him to make sure that it's true to the ideals of the original game, that the story makes sense, that the game is of the quality that we want, and the gameplay experience is what we want it to be. And because I've been making games for 20 years, I'm trying to give him the benefit of whatever expertise I have, and mostly just trying to stay out of the way; It's like, okay, things are going well. Good. I play the game a lot, and I give my feedback and say, "Hey, we need to work on this or that." So, I'm largely chief kibitzer on this game.

Crunchy in milk 04-27-2006 08:55 PM

http://titanquestgame.com/index.html
http://www.gamershell.com/pc/titan_quest/ <--far more info and goodies.

Could be a nice game to play for those pining for Diablo 3 or its spiritual successor underway at Blizzard atm.

NcroManiac 04-27-2006 11:46 PM

Quote:

Well, the FF7 remake excists currently as a tech demo for the PS3. I wouldn't be supriced if it would actualy be made.

Tobbe 04-27-2006 11:51 PM

Quote:

There is a really good fan made FF7 game, FF7: Dark Cloud, and the game continues where FF7 stopped, it´s a amateur made game though, but really well done!

http://www.megagames.com/news/show.c...ction=screens&

Spiwak 04-28-2006 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NcroManiac
Well, the FF7 remake excists currently as a tech demo for the PS3. I wouldn't be supriced if it would actualy be made.

I honestly didn't see what the big deal with that tech demo was, other than the fact it was FF7. I couldn't see the next-genness in it.

But it seemed like Sony would have realized the amount of noise using FF7 for a tech demo would make and wouldn't have done it unless they planned on doing something with it so as not to disappoint the rabid FF7-ites.

kuze 04-28-2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiwak
I honestly didn't see what the big deal with that tech demo was, other than the fact it was FF7. I couldn't see the next-genness in it.

The zooming was quite breathtaking, although I must agree that by today's terms this demo doesn't look as impressive as it did a year ago.

Karmillo 04-28-2006 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjacob
-wotsitsname- that pirate game that looks awesome :P

What game? you talking about Pirates of the Burning Sea? The MMO?

jjacob 05-01-2006 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karmillo
What game? you talking about Pirates of the Burning Sea? The MMO?

I know it wasn't an MMO game, but that's about all I know. It looked more like Oblivion, plus.. pirates.. and grog and such. :P

Karmillo 05-01-2006 02:36 PM

Is it this one?

Kolzig 06-08-2006 01:00 PM

The games that I'm most looking forward to:

New Super Mario Bros
BioShock
Crysis
id's next game
Dreamfall (I haven't bought it yet)
Spore
Rayman 4
Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Phoenix Wright: Justice For All
Sam'n Max: Episode 1
Alan Wake
Many games for Wii
Many, many other games for DS

Solid Snake 06-08-2006 01:13 PM

Metal Gear Solid 4
The Witcher (It's gonna rock the game world)
Winterheart's Guild (bet you didn't hear it before)
Jade Empire for pc
Mass Effect
Dragon Age
Nuclear Nightmare:Rise of the Fallen
Bioshock
God of War 2
Yakuza

Intrepid Homoludens 06-08-2006 01:20 PM

Short and sweet list for me. All Xbox360 titles:

Alan Wake
Mass Effect
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Gears Of War
Enchanted Arms (iffy, but might be good)
Bioshock

kuze 06-08-2006 01:58 PM

I can do it even shorter:

Mass Effect
FFXII
BioShock (just following the hype)

MoriartyL 06-09-2006 01:39 AM

I see that games which have already been released are okay, so I'll start with Chibi Robo. I'm not familiar with the creators, so it could be bad, but it looks amazing. I've been waiting for a metalude which shakes up the formula, and I think this is it.

Spore, because it's Will Wright. And Will Wright is Will Wright. I hope there's a version for Wii.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, because I trust Aonuma to make an incredible game. Majora's Mask was amazing but not so fun, his second game (The Wind Waker) was amazing and lots of fun but not much good in replays. By this time, I'm betting he's gotten good enough to make a game which is amazing AND lots of fun AND completely replayable.

Super Mario Galaxy, not so much because it's Mario as because the guys behind Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat are behind this one. DK:JB is one of the best platformers I've ever played. (And I've played a fair amount of platformers.) The ideas I see on this game are brilliant. Knowing this team's work, there is no chance that this won't be unbelievable.

Finally, I'm going to join in the chorus for Rayman: Raving Rabbids. It's Michel Ancel. 'Nuff said.