Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

wilco 05-19-2006 07:38 AM

Guild Wars.
Don't know how many hours I've got. I'm currently Level 5. It's my first MMORPG (although most people don't call it that) and I'm trying to earn some experience in combat before going into PvP. Most reviews say its the best part of the game, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

DFish 05-19-2006 07:54 AM

I'm playing Stubbs the Zombie. A short game, not that hard, but lots of fun. Great lines from your victims when you kill them like "Not the throat, not the throat!" and "Stop eating my brains!"

JemyM 05-19-2006 12:21 PM

I recently had a machine-like walkthrough of older adventuregames. I ran through a total of 15 adventuregames in one month, mostly using walkthroughs to speed up the process.

There I got a bit tired of forcing through old adventuregames for the simple purpose of finishing as many games as possible, so I put the adventuregames on rest for another few months. Not many games left worth it pre 1995 anyway. I am likely to take up the project again later on though.

Now I recently updated my computer and have therefore played nothing but the really graphic intensitive 3d games on the market, like Quake 4, Condemned, Sin Episodes and Serious Sam II.

Now im playing Tomb Raider: Legend.

I intend to keep Oblivion until summer when it's silent and calm and I have alot of time over to just play games. Around then I will also go through The Longest Journey and Dreamfall.

Jazhara7 05-21-2006 01:51 PM

I'm playing Dreamfall, and it's a walk down Memory Lane. Currently trying to get into the Border House, and I'm all chipper because I found a Sonic Screwdriver for that.

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jelena 05-24-2006 10:13 AM

I put B.S The Sleeping Dragon on hold while playing Dreamfall which is now finished.
So, back to B.S. George and Nico is in The Congo, the second time for George. They've just jumped off the jeep and are heading into the cave.
It's pretty boring. I also just bought Grim Fandango. Perhaps B.S will be put on hold again. I'm thinking about it.

Ninth 05-24-2006 02:24 PM

Finished Paradise, finished Da Vinci, finished Dreamfall, kinda finished Oblivion (I did all the guild quests, the main quest, and the daedric quests). I might be continuing Keepsake (I think I'm near the end), but I doubt it... the puzzles have just become too boring (and I'm a Myst fan).

So, what's next? Dunno. Not much... I have Tony Tough lying around but y'know... :z

Any gaming advices?

insane_cobra 05-24-2006 02:36 PM

Cave Story?

Robert Cath 05-24-2006 03:49 PM

Playing Dragon Quest: The Journey Of The Cursed King. About 25 hours into it, just landed on the western continent in search of that confounded Dhoulmagus. Managed to level up Jessica's sex appeal nicely. Ahem.

Jelena 05-25-2006 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninth
Any gaming advices?

Have you played Scratches? I thought it was a great game.

wilco 05-25-2006 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Cath
Playing Dragon Quest: The Journey Of The Cursed King. About 25 hours into it, just landed on the western continent in search of that confounded Dhoulmagus. Managed to level up Jessica's sex appeal nicely. Ahem.

I'm about 15 hours into that one. Curious. I'm also levelling up Jessica's sex appeal (maybe its the cleavage)... and the whipping...

Zack 05-27-2006 07:10 PM

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

I'm playing it for my 3rd time. I started it as a male soldier, with a character that looks like he's chinese. He's bald-headed, and has a very thin goatee. I named him Richard Chang. I chose to go on the path of the Dark Side, from the first time I started the game.

I'm on Manaan, the last planet where you go to try to find the last piece of the star map for the Star Forge, and Bastila has been captured by Darth Malak. However, I just landed on Manaan, so I haven't tried to explore it yet. I also haven't played it for a few days, because I've been busy at work. But, I'm going to continue playing it tonight.

SamNMax 05-29-2006 11:32 AM

Simon The Sorcerer II. It's pretty good, but I like the original better. The interface is a little dodgy, I think. I just got into the castle and I don't know what to do now.

Chaosphere 05-29-2006 11:53 AM

I'm playing No One Lives Forever 2, a really outstanding FPS. I'm on Chapter 7 now, in India.

Crunchy in milk 05-30-2006 11:18 AM

Hacking my way through Infinite Dungeons, the latest premium module for Neverwinter Nights. Its a very resource heavy game (its not worth playing on anything under a 2ghz cpu - area generation, saving and loading are all very slow), not at all like the other mods out there but that can be a good thing. Its a big mash of Diablo and NWN.

Its taken me maybe 12 hours to finish the first 'act' which consisted of 2 levels made up of 9 randomly generated areas each (18).

http://members.optusnet.com.au/crunc.../See/NWNID.jpg

Jelena 05-30-2006 12:24 PM

I'm reaching the end of B.S III. I'm now in the church/cathedral getting shot all the time. I'm so lousy at the action parts that I have to do them over and over. Besides that, I actually have enjoyed the last half of the game more than I did the first half.

Dasilva 05-30-2006 12:48 PM

Perfect Dark Zero - Xbox 360. Just started it.

stuboy 05-30-2006 01:25 PM

Resi 1 for the GC. But I'm losing the will to live, to be honest. Sodding fixed camera. Can't run and shoot? What idiot thought of that idea?

SoccerDude28 05-30-2006 02:07 PM

Currently playing The Davinci Code for the PC. Almost finished.

michael1123 05-30-2006 02:39 PM

Dreamfall - I'm pretty sure I'm about to start the last part in the game, a creepy building in Russia.

Yesterday I ordered Civilization 4 and Fight Night 3, and today after reading some comments on here I decided to also order Knights of the Republic I and II, none of which I have played before. Plus I have Siberia 2 waiting as well ...

Karmillo 05-30-2006 05:19 PM

Hitman Contracts, just done the tiny mission in the park with all the stupid chinese guys who would gravitate twards me for some reason....god the AI in this game is dumb, either that or I just have the luck to manage to glitch them all out :shifty:

I hope Blood Money is more like the second one

GoT 05-30-2006 10:36 PM

Currently puzzling my way through KEEPSAKE although i feel like an absolute dumb ass cause im still having trouble with about 3 of the puzzles in it.. namely the JIGSAW puzzle where u have to put the cogs together, the SECRET DOOR puzzle but i think im kind of on the right track and the MACHINE ROOM puzzle where theres 8 pedastools and each has 3 possible selections...

errghh..

i have never really played an adventure before where theres only one NPC to talk to and about 6 hard core puzzles going at once, this is new to me.. if you read my favourite games lists and such you'll see thta i mainly played LucasArts games which never had puzzles as SUCH.

Either way, im enjoying the challenge and the Castle is beautiful if not a little empty :)

GoT

Monroeski 06-01-2006 05:17 PM

Started The Moment of Silence yesterday. Only played about 30 minutes to an hour.

Karmillo 06-01-2006 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoT
Currently puzzling my way through KEEPSAKE although i feel like an absolute dumb ass cause im still having trouble with about 3 of the puzzles in it.. namely the JIGSAW puzzle where u have to put the cogs together, the SECRET DOOR puzzle but i think im kind of on the right track and the MACHINE ROOM puzzle where theres 8 pedastools and each has 3 possible selections...

errghh..

i have never really played an adventure before where theres only one NPC to talk to and about 6 hard core puzzles going at once, this is new to me.. if you read my favourite games lists and such you'll see thta i mainly played LucasArts games which never had puzzles as SUCH.

Either way, im enjoying the challenge and the Castle is beautiful if not a little empty :)

GoT

I think I remember hearing somewhere that you cant finishe the cog puzzle untill you find out why you need to solve it or something, solving it just does nothing and it resets once you leave it. I might be wrong though

simpson_yellow 06-02-2006 09:08 AM

Half Life 2 Episode 1.

I just started the second chapter but then crashed violently to desktop. Ah, how I love thee, Valve. :D

Seriously though, I'm enjoying it so far (crash notwithstanding). Whether or not it's worth the US$20 still remains to be seen.

such great heights 06-02-2006 08:04 PM

DREAMFALL! Finally found it at Target yesterday while scoping out any possible DS Lites. I'm in Chapter Five, fiddiling around with the WATICorp building. Fun.

Just to be safe:

Spoiler:
Holy shit, it was great to play as April again, and to see Emma, Newport, Charlie.

Jazhara7 06-03-2006 03:45 AM

Baldur's Gate I + Tales of the Swordcoast, Baldur's Gate II + Throne of Bhaal, all together as Baldur's Gate Tutu.

And with modules. Can you believe it? I'm running around the Northern Swordcoast and Baldur's Gate, and my party members are actually talking to each other! They also talk to *me*! It's so awesome. Now Baldur's Gate I is perfect. Oh, and I downloaded alternate romance options for Baldur's Gate II. Mr Anomen "Annoy-me" Delryn is nice (though his over formalness in German was...irritating.), but I won't play through all that again.

insane_cobra 06-03-2006 04:24 AM

Somebody has stolen my Baldur's Gate II Collection. http://forums.adventuregamers.com/im...lies/angry.gif
And before I even got the chance to play it! :frown:

Jazhara7 06-03-2006 09:44 AM

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/6...sofmind4xh.jpg

I just had to share this. See? Banter! Woohoo!

The Kobold, Xvart, and Tasloi were called Larry, Darryl and Darrly respectively, by the way. ;)

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Dasilva 06-03-2006 09:54 AM

Jade Empire on my 360. This game is so FUN!

Jelena 06-03-2006 12:42 PM

Grim Fandango
I've just started and I guess the beginning is fairly easy to get the player into the game. I'm now trying to open up a door to some communication machine on the bottom floor.
I like everything I've seen and experienced so far.:)

SoccerDude28 06-03-2006 12:51 PM

Half Life 2 Episode one.

Jazhara7 06-03-2006 03:13 PM

Just one more screenshot:

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/7101/smilexan8vb.jpg

He smiled!

The End must truly be nigh. :crazy:

(On a side note, "Noriko" is supposed to mean "doctrine", "Child of Ceremony", "Law" and "Order". I thought it was a nice touch to name her that, considering the premise of the games. :D )

(On another side note, Xan [I don't know, but his gloomyness makes him very loveable. I'm torn between wanting to cheer him up, or agreeing with him if only to be friends with him.]is one of my characters. I'm going to get rid of Minsc and Dynaheir at one point, and instead pick up Alora [another one of my favourite characters. I love her happy nature.], and later Ajantis. With Garrick [and to some extent also Imoen] in my group as well, I wonder how Alora's bubby happiness, Garrick's cheerful nature, Imoen's...Imoen-ness, and Xan's general pessimism [which isn't really the right word] will work together.)

such great heights 06-03-2006 08:51 PM

Life...is so hollow.

Xan is the MAN.

Dasilva 06-04-2006 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Half Life 2 Episode one.

Hows it playing?

Hammerite 06-04-2006 05:37 AM

Dreamfall.
i'm on chapter 9, so i dont know how far from the end i am.

kuze 06-04-2006 06:28 AM

Dreamfall, Chapter 5 (or 6).

Love the game, art, dialogs.
Hate some (not all) stealth and action sequences, especially those at the DreamCore.

Cold-Factor 06-04-2006 01:45 PM

Sudeki on the XBOX. It's a pretty good RPG, but it has its shortcomings. I recently obtained a brand new copy of it for 10 bucks, and I'm currently around 3/4 through the game. I'm currently at the Aklorian Stronghold if that means anything to anyone.

Karmillo 06-04-2006 02:44 PM

Just Finished the first 2 Bone episodes, it was better than I had expected in some aspects but I was dissapointed in others....

Like the transition from the comic to the game isnt that great. The game doesn't deliver them aswell as the comic did IMO...

insane_cobra 06-04-2006 10:30 PM

That was one of the main problems I had with them (well, the demo of the second one as that's all I've played), they're much more childish than the comics and the voice acting just doesn't fit in. I wonder how they'll make the transition to more serious themes that start developing with the third installment. Bone has deserved more, but hey, who am I to argue Jeff Smith.

Ninth 06-05-2006 04:00 PM

I'm currently replaying Dune (the first/old one, from Cryo), and enjoying every minute.

And I plan on replaying Commander Blood soon after.