Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Half-Life 2: What happened? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/1006-half-life-2-what-happened.html)

SamandMax 11-23-2003 05:05 AM

Half-Life 2: What happened?

What happened to Half-Life 2? I know it was delayed, but it seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Valve was talking about it so much, saying how little we'd have to wait to get it, and then they go back underground with it. I hope whoever leaked the code for it slips on a banana peel.

Intrepid Homoludens 11-23-2003 05:07 AM

W.I.D.

remixor 11-23-2003 06:12 AM

Well, they stated a while ago that it's not going to come out until first quarter next year, so I don't see any reason they should be providing constant updates. I forget the exact month, but I think it was January or February. We've got some time left before we should start worrying more about Valve missing another release date.

Ninja Dodo 11-23-2003 06:22 AM

... or May even, last I heard.

Quote:

We've got some time left before we should start worrying more about Valve missing another release date.
That's not really fair. You're making it sound like it's their fault. From what I can tell, they would have made their september release if those hacker losers hadn't screwed it up. Now they have to rewrite just about all of the Steam and anti-cheating code, no small task.

And even if it wasn't all the hackers' fault and it was also delayed because it was quite simply not done... what would you rather have them do? Release a bug-ridden version to make a quick buck... or go the Blizzard route and hold off release till it's reallly done?

I'll take the Blizzard alternative any day, thank you very much! *D

ragnar 11-23-2003 06:31 AM

(. They decided to scrap Half-life 2. Apparently noone is really interested in the game anyway. .)

Intrepid Homoludens 11-23-2003 06:31 AM

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies.../confused2.gif Yeah, remixor, that was harsh. 20 lashes with a wet noodle!

Erkki 11-23-2003 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
W.I.D.

What has the World Institute on Disability got to do with this?

Or is that "wither in denial"?

Intrepid Homoludens 11-23-2003 08:03 AM

LMAO

W.I.D. = "When it's done." - George Broussard, 3DRealms (answering question on Duke Nukem Forever's date of completion)

.....but World Institute on Disability could easily apply here as well, heh heh heh.......

remixor 11-23-2003 08:21 AM

Er, sorry. I didn't mean to come off as accusing Valve of anything. I meant my post as what it indicated literally. When I said "I don't see any reason they should be providing constant updates," I wasn't being sarcastic, I just meant there's no need for them to do that, so we shouldn't worry about the game being fux0red. When I said the bit about them missing a release date, I didn't mean it in a negative way. They DID miss one but I didn't mean it's because they're lazy or anything; I assumed people would know the hacker situation and thus fill in the appropriate context. I'm probably not even going to buy the game, so it really makes no difference to me whether it comes out first quarter next year or a decade from now.

Ninja Dodo 11-23-2003 10:51 AM

YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BUY HALF LIFE 2??? :eek:

You call yourself a gamer?

*waits for BacardiJim to come in and explain the difference between a gamer and an adventure gamer* ;)

Just kidding, remix. Fair enough... I guess not everyone is as excited about this game as I am. If it turns out as good as I think it will, it will redifine action-oriented interactive storytelling.

Garyos 11-23-2003 11:07 AM

It may be because his computer could barely play BS3... :rolleyes:

Ninja Dodo 11-23-2003 12:48 PM

ah yes... forgot about that for a sec. Come to think of it I'm not entirely sure how it will run on mine. Wait and see I guess...

theneb 11-23-2003 01:38 PM

Valve have had such a huge media blackout that it's also backfired on them, people have picked apart the game and valve, well they are saying nothing! They have been in a sulk for months and there may be some signs that they have wet their bed pillow enough and have loads of bruzies from the kicking.
Also other dev's actually laugh at how childish valve have been over the affair, yes their source got stolen, but annoying fans by saying absolutely nothing just isn't good Relations.
Oh yeah look CS:CZ hasn't made it's release date, anyone actually genuinaly supurised at that one?
Look on Planethalflife.com 's current poll:
Do you trust information from Valve?

Huh?! Of course I trust them. Yes! 15%
After the CS:CZ & HL2 delays and all the Steam problems? No. 85%

Total Votes: 7969

One good bit of news for myself is my gfx has only dropped £10 from since I brought it, I rushed to buy ready for HL2 and the game got delayed. On another positive side BS3 ran PERFECTLY, it never once crashed.

Royal Fool 11-23-2003 03:06 PM

Planet Half-Life has become a very lame fansite, like most of GameSpy in general. They were constantly ripping on Valve when the leak occured.

I haven't tried Steam a lot myself, but I understand it is very glitchy. I hope they fix it in time for the game's release... who knows, maybe that's why they're delaying it? :D

remixor 11-23-2003 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garyos
It may be because his computer could barely play BS3... :rolleyes:

You got it ;)

davez82 11-23-2003 06:32 PM

hl2 will be dissapointing, it looks good so far but i know its gonna be dissapointing like a lot of games ive been looking foward to.

remixor 11-23-2003 06:49 PM

So just take it at face value instead of wanting to think of it as the savior of gaming or something. If you KNOW it's going to be a disappointment, you'd think it would be sort of easy to adjust your expectations.