Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   User reputations (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/3290-user-reputations.html)

Mattsius 05-14-2004 10:01 AM

Thank you for that deep and somewhat disturbing analysis, Seed. Here, have some chocolate.
http://www.jaredstory.com/pics/chocolate.jpg

guybrush_guy 05-14-2004 10:10 AM

maybe it's willy wonka trying to get ahold of you, it's possble he could have a secret crush on you and it trying to brainwash you into loving him back

use the force Mattsius, dont let the chocolate steal your soul

Tanukitsune 05-15-2004 01:31 AM

What the...???

Some one gave a negative point! :(

On this thread! What in Earth did I do to deserve it?!? :frown:

He/She could at least written in the comment something telling me WHY I deserved it....

Now I have the lowest reputation in the forum! :\

Edit: Well, its seems I'm not the only one, but it also seems that people are only getting BAD "reviews" of their posts... (Its hard to tell if anyone has gained points)

Erkki 05-15-2004 05:52 AM

I'd give you some good rep, but I must spread it around first :)

guybrush_guy 05-15-2004 08:56 AM

it's ok, i got a bad post for being "off topic" i dont know how i was off topic. willy wonka is the base of every discusion

The Seed 05-15-2004 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
it's ok, i got a bad post for being "off topic" i dont know how i was off topic. willy wonka is the base of every discusion

Chocolate = Willy Wonka. I'd say that's completely on topic, or at least as much on topic as you're going to get on this tread.

You will rarely find anyone who can truly justify giving you bad rep. I mean, I got one just for saying a moderately offensive swear word. For swearing! Can you believe that!

Next thing you know being a Myst fan will be a hanging offence...hmm, maybe not such a bad idea actually. :shifty:

guybrush_guy 05-15-2004 10:39 AM

there's nothing rong with being a myst fan. if there was'nt ever a myst i cant cant even think of what games would'nt of been made

Tanukitsune 05-15-2004 01:19 PM

I already hate this feature, it seems people are just voting on popular members and such, and voting negatively on the rest without giving a damn reason....
As for myself I refuse to rate anybody...
Congrats, this is the Big Brother of forums now.... :frusty:
[SARCASM]Let's make out to raise our popualrity and backstab the rest![/SARCASM](Now this is a feature I would like, sarcasm tag!)
And I'm guessing I'm getting another negative point for this too....
Meh.... :shifty:

guybrush_guy 05-15-2004 01:33 PM

i'm not sure about a popularity contest but it's kinda usless in a way...i do think it can be fun at times.

i got a bad rep point for bad spelling? come on now! everyone on these forums knows i have the worst spelling in the world. i have warnings all over my user name/signature. so is a bad rep point realy nessicary....?

but in a way it's not that big of a deal. there just "points" and whats the worst that they can do.

so i guees, i'm 50-50 on the whole rep point thing.

Intrepid Homoludens 05-15-2004 01:55 PM

But wot if someone sees your bad spelling as idiosyncratically charming?

The Seed 05-15-2004 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
there's nothing rong with being a myst fan. if there was'nt ever a myst i cant cant even think of what games would'nt of been made

Ha, was only joking, of course I wouldn't want Myst fans hanged....just badly scalded would do. :D

Seriously though, I have nothing but respect for fans of the Myst game, In fact I love Myst. Actually that's a lie because I've never even played it, but I'm sure if I did I would love it, even more than chocolate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanukitsune
I already hate this feature, it seems people are just voting on popular members and such, and voting negatively on the rest without giving a damn reason....

Dude, you know the reputation system is really just a bit of fun, it's not meant to be taking to seriously.

And I don't think you are correct about people giving popular members good rep points, and everyone else negative ones. I think people are just randomly dishing out rep points (mostly all negative) for a laugh.

I mean, I'd managed to clock up 2 negative rep points within about the first hour of it being in place, and i'm not to cut up about it.
(mental note to self: must remember to revise death list of people I suspect may have given me negative points :shifty: )

And if you're worried about getting negative points for no reason, then just swear and insult people and stuff so that you give them a reason. :P

guybrush_guy 05-15-2004 02:55 PM

an other thing,

i dont think there is anyone "popular" on the forum...if you think about anyone with over 200 posts is pritty popular and that's almost everyone in the forum.

Intrepid Homoludens 05-15-2004 03:14 PM

Yes, well, we tend to be egalitarian here. But it's just a facade, we all secretly despise each other. I love the tension!

Bard09 05-15-2004 05:20 PM

Grr!

I am not liking the reputation system at all. I recieved a poor comment for a question I made asking for a link to the orignal escape-from-the-room game.

Is this because I didn't search the forums? Well, I suggest the person who down-commmented me try to search for the original post themselves. "Room game" returns about 3 million results and "escape room game" returns 6 results that aren't pertinent.

I hope that the comment system can't lock you out of the forums or anything like that, because I think it's going to quell dissention more than provide anything positive to the forums.

Intrepid Homoludens 05-15-2004 06:27 PM

Right. It can be subject to abuse, just as warned.

Wormsie 05-16-2004 12:38 AM

For the person who.. I don't know what he did, either gave me a reputation point or DIDN'T Give me one, I'll say this: "googoo gaga" was a quote from TAH FAMOUS CHRIS REMO!!!! It rules, no matter what you might think. You have no style, sir.

Tanukitsune 05-16-2004 01:22 AM

:eek:
What are these grey ones?
Green is good, red is bad but grey?
And it seems all my previous reputation has disapeared? Or does the User CP only show the last? No, no, can't be, I had 9 yesterday, and now I have one good, one bad, 3 grey and I have a "rep" of ten, it should be 9... :confused:

I guess this is pretty useless if people just use it to give bad rep randomly and with a damn reason.... I mean has anybody gotten anything higher than distinguished road yet? If so, don't say it, you'll get "blammed" and "BALEETED" out of envy! :shifty:

Hmm, maybe ending all posts with "Tim Schafer is GOD!" with ward off bad rep points? 8-)

It's worth a shot....

Wormsie 05-16-2004 04:25 AM

This system is no good. Tere's no good discussion just because we don't feel like having sensible discussion right now!

Ninja Dodo 05-16-2004 05:23 AM

Where can you actually see your ratings? I can't find anything in my CP... Does that mean that no one's rated my post or that I'm not looking in the right place?

The whole things seems a bit silly. I doubt it'll improve the community in any way...

The Seed 05-16-2004 06:09 AM

It won't improve the community in any way, but it may well up the level of paranoia.
:shifty: