Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   Now I am getting concerned about AG (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/26740-now-i-am-getting-concerned-about-ag.html)

DrFrankenstein 04-24-2010 05:46 PM

Now I am getting concerned about AG

What's with all the Wispered World buzz articles, giveaways, front page background? Jack keeps cranking out grandiose statements such as "highly anticipated" about a game which put out a bad trailer with horrible voice acting. Is AG going the way of GameSpot which put the interest of advertisers above journalistic integrity earning the nickname GameWhore? Now I am getting really concerned! :frown:

eriq 04-24-2010 06:59 PM

oh don't be silly - Whispered World is getting great reviews and is most definitely a highly anticipated graphic adventure!

I can't wait to get my copy.

Jackal 04-24-2010 08:48 PM

Our position on advertising.

Previews, contests, and advertising are exactly what ALL publishers should be doing near release. People bitch all the time that they don't, so why not just be thankful that one is?

Intrepid Homoludens 04-24-2010 08:58 PM

It's simply called aggressive marketing - something that I SERIOUSLY WISH a lot more adventure game publishers would do, especially beyond the small online adventure communities.

Buy ad space on the sides of buses, on billboards, on the Discover Channel and History Channel, online on the New York Times site, and yeah, on more mainstream gaming sites like Gamespy, Joystiq, and Game Politics. What good is your adventure game if not enough people know about it?

Sughly 04-24-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens (Post 546869)
It's simply called aggressive marketing - something that I SERIOUSLY WISH a lot more adventure game publishers would do, especially beyond the small online adventure communities.

Buy ad space on the sides of buses, on billboards, on the Discover Channel and History Channel, online on the New York Times site, and yeah, on more mainstream gaming sites like Gamespy, Joystiq, and Game Politics. What good is your adventure game if not enough people know about it?

Yeah exactly. This thread is ridiculous. It's an amazing new adventure title which I'm quite confident will take a place amongst modern classics in the genre. It's even garnering a lot of attention from mainstream gaming sites, which is something to say for an adventure game. Kudos to Adventure Gamers for backing it up.

Marek 04-26-2010 07:10 AM

When we have ads on the site this is simply a result of the publisher of a game coming to us wanting to buy advertising space. We had space available, so the publisher was able to have its game featured in a big way.

AG's editorial content has been strictly independent since the site's founding, and we have specific policies in place to ensure that advertising is always handled entirely separately from site content. (For more details see Jack's link.)

tsa 04-29-2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens (Post 546869)

It's a pity not all adventure game publishers can afford this.

Intrepid Homoludens 04-29-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 547423)
It's a pity not all adventure game publishers can afford this.

Well, in a way they kinda did it to themselves in the past 15 years.

Sughly 04-29-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens (Post 547440)
Well, in a way they kinda did it to themselves in the past 15 years.

Oh no, you did not just go there! :D