You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Now I am getting concerned about AG

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #1

Default Now I am getting concerned about AG

What's with all the Wispered World buzz articles, giveaways, front page background? Jack keeps cranking out grandiose statements such as "highly anticipated" about a game which put out a bad trailer with horrible voice acting. Is AG going the way of GameSpot which put the interest of advertisers above journalistic integrity earning the nickname GameWhore? Now I am getting really concerned!
Old 04-24-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

oh don't be silly - Whispered World is getting great reviews and is most definitely a highly anticipated graphic adventure!

I can't wait to get my copy.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
Hopeful skeptic

Our position on advertising.

Previews, contests, and advertising are exactly what ALL publishers should be doing near release. People bitch all the time that they don't, so why not just be thankful that one is?
Old 04-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
merely human

It's simply called aggressive marketing - something that I SERIOUSLY WISH a lot more adventure game publishers would do, especially beyond the small online adventure communities.

Buy ad space on the sides of buses, on billboards, on the Discover Channel and History Channel, online on the New York Times site, and yeah, on more mainstream gaming sites like Gamespy, Joystiq, and Game Politics. What good is your adventure game if not enough people know about it?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-24-2010, 10:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
It's simply called aggressive marketing - something that I SERIOUSLY WISH a lot more adventure game publishers would do, especially beyond the small online adventure communities.

Buy ad space on the sides of buses, on billboards, on the Discover Channel and History Channel, online on the New York Times site, and yeah, on more mainstream gaming sites like Gamespy, Joystiq, and Game Politics. What good is your adventure game if not enough people know about it?
Yeah exactly. This thread is ridiculous. It's an amazing new adventure title which I'm quite confident will take a place amongst modern classics in the genre. It's even garnering a lot of attention from mainstream gaming sites, which is something to say for an adventure game. Kudos to Adventure Gamers for backing it up.

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance
Old 04-26-2010, 07:10 AM   #6
Puts the 'e' in Mark

When we have ads on the site this is simply a result of the publisher of a game coming to us wanting to buy advertising space. We had space available, so the publisher was able to have its game featured in a big way.

AG's editorial content has been strictly independent since the site's founding, and we have specific policies in place to ensure that advertising is always handled entirely separately from site content. (For more details see Jack's link.)
Old 04-29-2010, 06:58 AM   #7
tsa
Playing character

Quote:

It's a pity not all adventure game publishers can afford this.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
It's a pity not all adventure game publishers can afford this.
Well, in a way they kinda did it to themselves in the past 15 years.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Well, in a way they kinda did it to themselves in the past 15 years.
Oh no, you did not just go there!

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance