Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   Comments not showing in IE8 (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/25321-comments-not-showing-ie8.html)

Shany 08-17-2009 01:32 PM

Comments not showing in IE8

Whenever I go to the comments section of an article it get cuts off after the first comment. This seems to be a problem with the new internet explorer 8.
Can anyone help please?

Dale Baldwin 08-17-2009 03:46 PM

I can't seem to replicate the problem.

Shany 08-18-2009 02:31 PM

Seems to be working now... weird.

Well, thanks anyway! :)

Shany 08-24-2009 12:19 PM

Well, it's back, in IE7 too.
I have no idea what causes it (perhaps working with tabs?) but some articles just have their comment section cut partway through.
Opening the page in a new browser page fixes it, though.

Jackal 08-24-2009 07:44 PM

Hmm, the tabs might be playing a factor. I still can't trigger it in IE8, though. We've still got IE issues from way back that we haven't solved, so a solution may not be imminent, but I'll make sure this one goes on the list. If anyone discovers any other common denominators for when it happens, please let us know.

DustyShinigami 08-30-2009 02:57 AM

I seem to be experiencing this issue as well but with Firefox 3.5.2. I can't seem to view the comments for the Tales of Monkey Island, Ep. 2 review.

Trumgottist 08-31-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazzoid (Post 521911)
I seem to be experiencing this issue as well but with Firefox 3.5.2. I can't seem to view the comments for the Tales of Monkey Island, Ep. 2 review.

Me neither, in Safari 4.0.3.

NoirYork 09-01-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:

I'm having the same problem.

Harald B 09-01-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

I'm having this too. It happens for Jake Hunter Detective Story as well, and I'm seeing it with Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera and on three different computers. The sidebar (with game info etc) doesn't show up either.

Jackal 09-01-2009 09:02 AM

To everyone posting, is it happening every time you try? Or just under certain circumstances. Like Shany suggested, possibly with open tabs or something else that might be the "X" factor. Clearly it's not simply browser- or simply article-related.

Harald B 09-01-2009 11:19 AM

For me it's every time, but only on the Jake Hunter and Spinner Cay articles. In Opera I'm seeing the line
Quote:

<a href="
just below the Where to Buy header, if that's any help (actual where to buy links don't show up, nor does anything below).

Kurufinwe 09-01-2009 11:29 AM

Same problem here. There seems to be a glitch in the code generating the "Where to buy" bit that interrupts the sending of the page. And since some people are not seeing the bug, I guess it might be region-related (since I seem to remember that that part adapts to where you're browsing from; e.g. the code for Amazon UK has the glitch, but not Amazon US).

(Also, starting from Gazzoid's post, this seems to be a completely different bug from the one reported at the beginning of the thread.)

Jackal 09-01-2009 11:37 AM

Okay, good to know. There were some recent behind-the-scene changes to affiliate processes, so maybe that's a culprit we can track down. And by "we", I mean people who actually know what they're doing. :D

Marek 09-05-2009 05:24 AM

There's something wrong with the code that makes the Amazon affiliate links. I'm just going to disable this code for now until I have time to actually fix it. The pages should load properly again in a few minutes. Sorry it took so long to respond to this, I've only had limited internet access for a while.