You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Comments not showing in IE8

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
I changed my title

Default Comments not showing in IE8

Whenever I go to the comments section of an article it get cuts off after the first comment. This seems to be a problem with the new internet explorer 8.
Can anyone help please?

Last edited by Shany; 08-17-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
Super Moderator

I can't seem to replicate the problem.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
I changed my title

Seems to be working now... weird.

Well, thanks anyway!
Old 08-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
I changed my title

Well, it's back, in IE7 too.
I have no idea what causes it (perhaps working with tabs?) but some articles just have their comment section cut partway through.
Opening the page in a new browser page fixes it, though.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:44 PM   #5
Hopeful skeptic

Hmm, the tabs might be playing a factor. I still can't trigger it in IE8, though. We've still got IE issues from way back that we haven't solved, so a solution may not be imminent, but I'll make sure this one goes on the list. If anyone discovers any other common denominators for when it happens, please let us know.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:57 AM   #6
The Quiet One

I seem to be experiencing this issue as well but with Firefox 3.5.2. I can't seem to view the comments for the Tales of Monkey Island, Ep. 2 review.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 08-31-2009, 12:05 PM   #7
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
I seem to be experiencing this issue as well but with Firefox 3.5.2. I can't seem to view the comments for the Tales of Monkey Island, Ep. 2 review.
Me neither, in Safari 4.0.3.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:36 AM   #8
Welsh Dude

Quote:
I'm having the same problem.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:48 AM   #9
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

Quote:
I'm having this too. It happens for Jake Hunter Detective Story as well, and I'm seeing it with Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera and on three different computers. The sidebar (with game info etc) doesn't show up either.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:02 AM   #10
Hopeful skeptic

To everyone posting, is it happening every time you try? Or just under certain circumstances. Like Shany suggested, possibly with open tabs or something else that might be the "X" factor. Clearly it's not simply browser- or simply article-related.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #11
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

For me it's every time, but only on the Jake Hunter and Spinner Cay articles. In Opera I'm seeing the line
Quote:
<a href="
just below the Where to Buy header, if that's any help (actual where to buy links don't show up, nor does anything below).
Old 09-01-2009, 11:29 AM   #12

Same problem here. There seems to be a glitch in the code generating the "Where to buy" bit that interrupts the sending of the page. And since some people are not seeing the bug, I guess it might be region-related (since I seem to remember that that part adapts to where you're browsing from; e.g. the code for Amazon UK has the glitch, but not Amazon US).

(Also, starting from Gazzoid's post, this seems to be a completely different bug from the one reported at the beginning of the thread.)
Old 09-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #13
Hopeful skeptic

Okay, good to know. There were some recent behind-the-scene changes to affiliate processes, so maybe that's a culprit we can track down. And by "we", I mean people who actually know what they're doing.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:24 AM   #14
Puts the 'e' in Mark

There's something wrong with the code that makes the Amazon affiliate links. I'm just going to disable this code for now until I have time to actually fix it. The pages should load properly again in a few minutes. Sorry it took so long to respond to this, I've only had limited internet access for a while.