Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   So Blonde Review (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/23425-so-blonde-review.html)

kasus 10-09-2008 01:26 AM

So Blonde Review

I've seen a couple of lightweight ones around, but i do not dare to buy this game before i read an indepth review.

So what do you say Adventuregamers, any plans? ;)

Melanie68 10-09-2008 02:16 AM

Of course we have plans to review it. :P I don't know the specifics of when the game is coming, but as soon as its in the hands of the reviewer, the process will start.

misslilo 10-09-2008 03:09 AM

Mine just shipped today from Game.co.uk :)

Unfortunately I forgot all about this pre-order, so last night I bought it from ebay too, duh! :crazy:

Keregioz 10-09-2008 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasus (Post 484333)
I've seen a couple of lightweight ones around, but i do not dare to buy this game before i read an indepth review.

I played the game and I must say that it's a good choice to wait for a review here. I don't know the rating it will get but for me it was a huge disappointment.

AndreaDraco83 10-09-2008 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasus (Post 484333)

Something will definitely happen! ;)

Jackal 10-09-2008 05:55 AM

It'd happen a lot quicker if Eidos was courteous and/or professional enough to even bother answering emails, let alone sending review copies. :shifty:

So yes, it'll happen. Eventually.

Lee in Limbo 10-09-2008 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal (Post 484350)
It'd happen a lot quicker if Eidos was courteous and/or professional enough to even bother answering emails, let alone sending review copies. :shifty:

I'd be a little miffed too, were I you folks. Surely Adventure Gamers.com reviews are important enough to English-speaking audiences that Eidos would want you to get the word out early about So Blonde (unless, you know, they expected poor reviews, which is hard to imagine). Their marketting department must not be very aware of the adventure game sites and forums available to them on the internet, though I find that a little hard to believe.

I wonder idly if any of the other adventure game-centric sites have received a copy yet, and if any have put up a review yet? Somehow, I suspect not.

AndreaDraco83 10-09-2008 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo (Post 484351)
I wonder idly if any of the other adventure game-centric sites have received a copy yet, and if any have put up a review yet? Somehow, I suspect not.

I agree with the suspect...

Jackal 10-09-2008 06:58 AM

This is annoyingly common with more mainstream publishers. Konami, Nintendo, Capcom, etc. Now Eidos. They have no concept that their niche titles could and should be pitched to their niche audiences directly. :rolleyes:

Still, it's the complete lack of communication I can't handle. At least a simple blow-off lets me know where we stand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo

I'd expect some Euro-only mainstream game sites have by now, but I haven't looked. Still, don't assume the presence of a review always means review copies were sent. Sometimes we're simply forced to buy our own.

tsa 10-09-2008 07:15 AM

JustAdventure hasn't. I never look at all the other adventure sites. AG is my primary source for news and fun; I check JA every now and then just to make sure I don't miss anything.

AndreaDraco83 10-09-2008 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 484356)
AG is my primary source for news and fun; I check JA every now and then just to make sure I don't miss anything.

That's exactly what I do!

Anyway, Metacritic lists only German, Czech o Polish reviews for now. And, as far as I know, no dedicated site has a review at the moment.

Oh, by the way, I was checking also on a mainstream site and look what I found here: the fun part is on the left column, in the section "Games you may like"

:D

Squinky 10-09-2008 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 (Post 484357)
Oh, by the way, I was checking also on a mainstream site and look what I found here: the fun part is on the left column, in the section "Games you may like"

Thank you for that! It made my day. :D

kasus 10-09-2008 10:57 AM

Thanx for reassuring us on an upcoming AG review.

Very bad that Eidos wont send u a copy, and especially bad and unprofessional that they wont answer your correspondance!

Maybe u should bypass the publisher and appeal to the developer instead?

A couple of reviews are linked from Steve Ince's page, but I'll wait for u guys anyway :)

http://www.steve-ince.co.uk/blog/lab...%20Blonde.html (scroll down for other reviews)

(Hey! Maybe Steve can hook u up? ;) )