You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback So Blonde Review

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2008, 01:26 AM   #1

Default So Blonde Review

I've seen a couple of lightweight ones around, but i do not dare to buy this game before i read an indepth review.

So what do you say Adventuregamers, any plans?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:16 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Of course we have plans to review it. I don't know the specifics of when the game is coming, but as soon as its in the hands of the reviewer, the process will start.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:09 AM   #3
Caffein Queen

Mine just shipped today from Game.co.uk

Unfortunately I forgot all about this pre-order, so last night I bought it from ebay too, duh!

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 10-09-2008, 03:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasus View Post
I've seen a couple of lightweight ones around, but i do not dare to buy this game before i read an indepth review.

I played the game and I must say that it's a good choice to wait for a review here. I don't know the rating it will get but for me it was a huge disappointment.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:05 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasus View Post

Something will definitely happen!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 10-09-2008, 05:55 AM   #6
Hopeful skeptic

It'd happen a lot quicker if Eidos was courteous and/or professional enough to even bother answering emails, let alone sending review copies.

So yes, it'll happen. Eventually.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:20 AM   #7
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
It'd happen a lot quicker if Eidos was courteous and/or professional enough to even bother answering emails, let alone sending review copies.
I'd be a little miffed too, were I you folks. Surely Adventure Gamers.com reviews are important enough to English-speaking audiences that Eidos would want you to get the word out early about So Blonde (unless, you know, they expected poor reviews, which is hard to imagine). Their marketting department must not be very aware of the adventure game sites and forums available to them on the internet, though I find that a little hard to believe.

I wonder idly if any of the other adventure game-centric sites have received a copy yet, and if any have put up a review yet? Somehow, I suspect not.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
I wonder idly if any of the other adventure game-centric sites have received a copy yet, and if any have put up a review yet? Somehow, I suspect not.
I agree with the suspect...
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:58 AM   #9
Hopeful skeptic

This is annoyingly common with more mainstream publishers. Konami, Nintendo, Capcom, etc. Now Eidos. They have no concept that their niche titles could and should be pitched to their niche audiences directly.

Still, it's the complete lack of communication I can't handle. At least a simple blow-off lets me know where we stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo
I'd expect some Euro-only mainstream game sites have by now, but I haven't looked. Still, don't assume the presence of a review always means review copies were sent. Sometimes we're simply forced to buy our own.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:15 AM   #10
tsa
Playing character

JustAdventure hasn't. I never look at all the other adventure sites. AG is my primary source for news and fun; I check JA every now and then just to make sure I don't miss anything.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:43 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
AG is my primary source for news and fun; I check JA every now and then just to make sure I don't miss anything.
That's exactly what I do!

Anyway, Metacritic lists only German, Czech o Polish reviews for now. And, as far as I know, no dedicated site has a review at the moment.

Oh, by the way, I was checking also on a mainstream site and look what I found here: the fun part is on the left column, in the section "Games you may like"

Old 10-09-2008, 09:12 AM   #12
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Oh, by the way, I was checking also on a mainstream site and look what I found here: the fun part is on the left column, in the section "Games you may like"
Thank you for that! It made my day.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #13

Thanx for reassuring us on an upcoming AG review.

Very bad that Eidos wont send u a copy, and especially bad and unprofessional that they wont answer your correspondance!

Maybe u should bypass the publisher and appeal to the developer instead?

A couple of reviews are linked from Steve Ince's page, but I'll wait for u guys anyway

http://www.steve-ince.co.uk/blog/lab...%20Blonde.html (scroll down for other reviews)

(Hey! Maybe Steve can hook u up? )