Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   Indigo Prophecy Review (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/10494-indigo-prophecy-review.html)

Jackal 09-20-2005 08:25 AM

No, if anything, it may even enhance it, as it increases the likelihood you'll see everything the game has to see (extra dialogue, etc.)

If you got to the end of Psychonauts on your own, though, you can probably handle the normal setting. (And incidentally, that meat circus level was brutal. :shifty: )

amitavc 09-20-2005 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal
It's already at GoGamer. You're just spelling it wrong. ;) It's Fahrenheit, and it's $45.

EDIT: Whoops, welcome to AG, amitavc. :)

bah! i am an eedeeot. sorry friend.
anyway, thanks for the welcome, i have been lurking for about a year now, but i decided to register and start posting. i am enjoying the recent semi-revival of the genre.

natalia 09-20-2005 08:31 AM

Quote:

No, if anything, it may even enhance it, as it increases the likelihood you'll see everything the game has to see (extra dialogue, etc.)

If you got to the end of Psychonauts on your own, though, you can probably handle the normal setting. (And incidentally, that meat circus level was brutal. :shifty: )

Very cool. Can't wait to get the game (As for psychonauts, i'm hoping that after putting it away for a bit, i'll magically develop in my sleep the synapses I need to improve my reflexes for that stupid level :D )

Melanie68 09-20-2005 09:28 AM

Thanks Gilly, Emily and Jackal. That Saitek pad looks cool :9~ .

samIamsad 09-20-2005 10:31 AM

Quote:

I don't follow. What don't you like about them? Not enough vowels? Too guttural? :devil: Honestly, what's the complaint?

Jackal, I dunno. :) The phrase "Hardcore adventure gamer" etc. sounds so alien to me. Maybe because I'ver never met one (someone who isn't able to handle all the, eh, serious stuff...). Hell, I catched my mum and dad playing Cauldron when I was eight years old. :D Plus, I think Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy is all about _emotional experience_ and content, not some "Don't go there!" "genre" boundaries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilly
PS Oh and sam, I did try Mafia but I couldn't handle it.

That's sad. :frown: Admittedly, it's indeed a pretty hard game. Lovely soundtrack, don't you think? Hey, come over to play some Mafia, so that I can finally meet one of 'em people. :P

Jackal 09-20-2005 11:40 AM

Umm, okay. Note that I'm distinguishing gamERS, though, not games. It's a very real demographic, and I had to address their perspective. I spent most of the review bending over backwards trying NOT to pigeonhole the game with labels, so I snuck in the back door by applying them to the players. :D

ragnar 09-20-2005 12:41 PM

I will chime in and also praise the review-author. A real good description of the game and it's qualities (I hope). But I don't know if I'll buy it (I haven't even got round to play the demo yet), because to me immersion is all very fine, but I rank good handling of a story much higher. I might buy it though because it sounds to be a bit unique.

samIamsad 09-20-2005 12:52 PM

Quote:

Note that I'm distinguishing gamERS, though, not games.

Isn't it sad that people let themselves be distinguished into certain groups? I mean, can't they be a little bit more sophisticated than that? :D Point taken, and still a very good review!

LeisureSuitedLooney 09-20-2005 12:52 PM

That sound you hear is my ATM card crying from exhaustion, lol....

Between Still Life, Indigo Prophecy, Myst 5, Bone, and non-adventure games like Black and White 2, Fable: The Lost Chapter, KOTOR 2, and The Movies, I'm going to need to win a major lottery soon!!!

And yet, I wouldn't have it any other way....I'm DEFINITELY getting Indigo Prophecy, it sounds way too interesting to pass up.

Intrepid Homoludens 09-20-2005 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillyruless
I have a feeling that a lot of GBers will be having a problem with the game. I will be getting the game and I have a feeling that I will like it a lot. Too bad that it sounds like that the action sequences hinder more than aid in telling the story (at least to me, I was never able to finish Dues Ex and Max Payne because they were too action heavy and I got too frustrated).

PS Oh and sam, I did try Mafia but I couldn't handle it. Parts of it were very good but some of the sequences in the game were just too much for me. I need to go to action gaming school and get better at it.
:frusty:

Aw, babe!! Too bad you don't live near me, we could've had a series of Indigo Prophecy nights with wine and pizza where I'd teach you hands on how get better with the 'action' bits.

Maquisard 09-20-2005 02:04 PM

Shouldn't Treppie's 6000+ post count be retought, given that 90% of his messages are innuendo? :P

Intrepid Homoludens 09-20-2005 02:07 PM

:P You know me too well. However, my reply to gilly wasn't one of those 'innuendos' at all. I really would love to teach him to play action/adventures better, there are so many good ones out there.

Oh, and I think you're just jealous, big boy. ;)

doc4978 09-21-2005 04:28 AM

Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy- Adventure Gamers Review

This is the best thing that has happened to the Adventure Genre for some time and yet Jack Allin STILL only gave it 4 stars

Discuss

Steve Ince 09-21-2005 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doc4978
This is the best thing that has happened to the Adventure Genre for some time and yet Jack Allin STILL only gave it 4 stars

Discuss

When reading the review it's pretty clear that this is the score it deserved.

Mimus 09-21-2005 05:06 AM

Quote:

Discuss

No.

gillyruless 09-21-2005 05:10 AM

Quote:

Discuss

Jack in my book is one of the most talented and fair reviewer of AGs in all of gaming industry, so no thanks.

Legolas813 09-21-2005 05:22 AM

Did we need another topic on this?

BTW, I just noticed that Indigo is backordered for all platforms at Gamestop.com. Weird.

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?s...ecy&platform=0

Glenn Epic 09-21-2005 05:35 AM

Quote:

Discuss

It might just be the best thing that has happened to the adventure games genre for quite some time. Let's face it though, we are far from the golden years of adventure gaming. So it surely doesn't warrant a rating worthy of the best of the best.

And Gilly: I agree!

Dale Baldwin 09-21-2005 06:20 AM

http://forums.adventuregamers.com/sh...ad.php?t=10494

Jackal 09-21-2005 06:34 AM

Aww, this thread is pretty anti-climactic. :devil: What a disappointment. Of course, it doesn't bode well when the thread starter doesn't even make an argument.

Seriously, though, it IS boring just to argue over a few rating points here and there. It got my overall recommendation and two thumbs sort of up (:D), so the game is not going to suffer because of me.

If you want a discussion point, I'd much rather see someone coherently argue why it's the best thing to happen to the genre in years. I'm assuming the implication is that it IS, in fact, the saviour of the genre, and that its success will singlehandedly impact the future of adventures in awesome and glorious ways.

Needless to say, I disagree, but I'll keep my mouth shut until someone takes a shot at it. ;)

EDIT: Thanks for the compliments mixed in there. :o