Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Recent movies seen (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/9181-recent-movies-seen.html)

Talas 09-06-2005 10:07 AM

I watched John Carpenter's They Live! last night, the movie is actually very good, can you say "extremely-low-budget-Matrix-with-aliens"? It has the best non-martial arts fight ever in a movie, just two guys beating the crap out of each other.

Once A Villain 09-06-2005 10:24 AM

Not a specific movie, but many great movies by a great director. This is a fine article. If some of you haven't seen this man's films, it is time to change that. :P

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....739041,00.html

Kolzig 09-06-2005 10:27 AM

I've been thinking about getting my hands on two classic Kurt Russell movies. Escape from New York and Escape from L.A.

It's been a long time since I've seen these two.

RLacey 09-06-2005 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolzig
Hey hey, I have seen all the Trek movies countless times before except the latest 10th movie, which I haven't yet seen at all. :)
But I agree that IV and V are the worst movies of the original crew era. TNG era's worst is definitely Insurrection, the ninth movie. My favourites are the second and the sixth from the original crew era and then First Contact from the TNG era.

You should definitely watch Nemesis. Whilst it can be seen as a rip-off of The Wrath of Khan and The Undiscovered Country I enjoyed its slick production values and the unique moments that it did have. And, if you're going to steal elements from previous Trek movies, it may as well be the best two ;).

Once A Villain 09-06-2005 10:32 AM

Quote:

I've been thinking about getting my hands on two classic Kurt Russell movies. Escape from New York and Escape from L.A.

It's been a long time since I've seen these two.

Unfortunately, I had the same urge a while back and followed it through. The films don't hold up very well...

Intrepid Homoludens 09-10-2005 11:11 PM

"...six hundred thirty four blowjobs in 5 days..."

".....I'm really quite tired."

OMFG. Two words:

Erin. Brockovich.

Discuss.

Jazhara7 09-11-2005 12:11 AM

"Bewitched". It was really nice, and made me want to see the series again.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

squarejawhero 09-11-2005 12:30 AM

Escape from LA is most definitely NOT a classic. :pan:

Prince of Darkness is.

Gods and Monsters was on last night, beautiful film that it is. One of the best biopics, if not THE best alongside Ed Wood, ever made. The ending still makes me choke up.

Melanie68 09-11-2005 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Prince of Darkness is.

Is that the movie where Satan comes through the mirror and the guy gets eaten by ants (a part I vividly remember - ewww. Large groups of ants still give me the creeps)? If it is, that movie scared me silly! It's been a long time since I've seen it.

Intrepid Homoludens 09-11-2005 12:47 AM

Yeah yeah, whatever, but.........six hundred thirty four blowjobs in 5 days!!!

Kolzig 09-11-2005 04:49 AM

I hate Julia Roberts and her movies...

That's just how it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Escape from LA is most definitely NOT a classic. :pan:

Prince of Darkness is.

Gods and Monsters was on last night, beautiful film that it is. One of the best biopics, if not THE best alongside Ed Wood, ever made. The ending still makes me choke up.

I meant a CLASSIC KURT RUSSELL film, not a classic film in general. ;)

Yeah, Gods and Monsters is excellent. I've seen it countless times and I'm always amazed about Brendan Fraser's acting. He always seemed like a B class actor to me, but in Gods and Monsters, and also in Quiet American he showed the world that he can act.

[toj.cc]Phantom 09-11-2005 05:23 AM

Transporter 2

bigjko 09-11-2005 05:33 AM

I, Spy - Horrible

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Nice, Enjoyable

Napoleon Dynamite - Lying On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off

Flirting With Disaster Nice, Different

Once A Villain 09-11-2005 08:41 AM

Quote:

Yeah, Gods and Monsters is excellent. I've seen it countless times and I'm always amazed about Brendan Fraser's acting. He always seemed like a B class actor to me, but in Gods and Monsters, and also in Quiet American he showed the world that he can act.

I understand why Fraser impressed you. The way you put it was quite perfect. However, let's not forget Ian McKellen's superb work in that film.

squarejawhero 09-11-2005 09:03 AM

Quote:

I hate Julia Roberts and her movies...

That's just how it is.

I meant a CLASSIC KURT RUSSELL film, not a classic film in general. ;)

The Thing, Big Trouble In Little China, Escape from New York, Stargate... THEY are classic Kurt Russell films. :P

Not Escape from LA, Tango and Cash, Captain Ron and Executive Decision... :pan:

Kolzig 09-11-2005 10:10 AM

Hey, Tango & Cash is a LEGEND! :D

squarejawhero 09-11-2005 10:29 AM

:r

You made my smiley sick poo!

Next you're be telling me Tequila Sunrise is an artistic achievement of monumental proportions! :D

Captain Blondebeard 09-11-2005 10:49 AM

Just watched American History X again. One of my faves.

[toj.cc]Phantom 09-11-2005 10:51 AM

Quote:

Hey, Tango & Cash is a LEGEND! :D

I liked it.

Captain Blondebeard 09-11-2005 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [toj.cc]Phantom
I liked it.

"Why is your gun bigger than mine?"

"Genetics".