Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   London Explosions (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/9058-london-explosions.html)

Elton28 07-08-2005 09:07 AM

Our stoicism is indeed, legendary

Hello all, I am back now for good

I watched this on the late news last night and became very upset and felt the sort of anger I felt and anguish I felt, on 9/11. I changed the channel....

Why did terrorists attack London yesterday and kill a lot of innocent and impartial people, not involved in their jihad? (I know the answer, just one of those "whys" ya know)?

Who no less, were just on their way to work?

Why do they have to involve the deaths of innocent human beings in their fight for what they believe in?

We don't fear you. We loathe you. We will always be waiting for you, ready. We do not grant you forgiveness for your sins. You will burn in hell. Your attacks only make us stronger, to unite us, the free people of the world.

If I we find you, you will wish you had never been born.

Intrepid Homoludens 07-08-2005 10:28 AM

:7 Hey! My rockclimbing manhunk is back! WOOOOOO!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eltsie
Why do they have to involve the deaths of innocent human beings in their fight for what they believe in?

The minds of many terrorists are unreachable after a certain point. No amount of humanism can touch them. They would gladly murder their own family for some cause that, in the end, doesn't give a damn about them anyhow, and only seeks to serve the morally rotted inclinations of their leader. If their cause or their "god's command" is one to make the world a better place and guarantee a place in 'heaven' through mass slaughter and destruction, then we have no incentive to support that cause or to believe in that god. Our children, family, and our friends depend on us.

pinkgothic 07-08-2005 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucien21
I'll keep my fingers crossed Pinkgothic. I hope they are sunning themselves on a beach someplace.

Thank you for those words, Lucien, that helped when I read it earlier. :)

Thankfully, I just, roughly an hour ago, got an eMail response to my inquiry on some, one person's feedback is still missing; former were in London at the time, but thankfully not near the station itself, they're all fine and physically unharmed, though in deep shock and sorrow. Either way, that's a huge block of "phew" that just flew my way :D

Elton28 07-08-2005 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkgothic
Thank you for those words, Lucien, that helped when I read it earlier. :)

Thankfully, I just, roughly an hour ago, got an eMail response to my inquiry on some, one person's feedback is still missing; former were in London at the time, but thankfully not near the station itself, they're all fine and physically unharmed, though in deep shock and sorrow. Either way, that's a huge block of "phew" that just flew my way :D

I'm glad for you Pink:)

And Trep, good to be back matey:):):) ((((((((((ALL))))))))))

pinkgothic 07-08-2005 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elton28
I'm glad for you Pink:)

I'm glad for me, too! ;)

No, seriously, thank you :D

squarejawhero 07-08-2005 12:21 PM

Hey, Pinkgothic, good to hear they're OK. :kiss:

ART_Adventures 07-08-2005 02:36 PM

Hi SquareJawHero, we met once last year. I was wondering whether you were ok. Glad to see you are

squarejawhero 07-08-2005 02:50 PM

Hey there! I'm cool, thanks for coming on and asking! We met at the Ubi Myst IV show... wow, that's nearly a year ago already. Crazy.

Well, I'd say a lot's happened since then - this stuff for starters. May even head off into London tomorrow. Can't say I'm not a little nervous, but I'll be staying well away from tubes, that's for sure!

simpson_yellow 07-08-2005 08:11 PM

Glad to hear your news, Pinks.

The 'we're not afraid' link was great link too, by the way. Quite moving, and I was really tickled by this pic. That kind of British spirit makes me kinda homesick (I'm a Bristol boy by birth).

SCRUGAtes13 07-09-2005 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squarejawhero
I'm OK - scrugates, nuttygal - you alright? Any other AG'ers from London OK?

thanks for your concern we are okay thankfully. all three of my mums brothers were on the tube at the time and one was soooooo close to being blown up it's unreal. There's only one person i could possibly blame for this whole thing and it's the biggest criminal organisation in the world.

tippex79 07-09-2005 03:43 AM

Thanks to everyone for messages of support. It's nice to know people all over the world are thinking of us.

100ja a.k.a. mr_mitja 07-09-2005 06:04 AM

Just popped in to see if everyone's alright. Good to see you're all doing OK! :)

NuttyGal 07-09-2005 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpson_yellow
Been thinking of you guys as I've seen the images roll in. Hope you're guessing wrong, squarejaw, and that this isn't a precursor to something more.

*Waits for SCRUGates and Nuttygal to post....*

Hey

sorry i haven't replied, been busy with work! I was really shocked when i heard about it! I was work at the time and everyone had to ring up and make sure their family and friends where ok! Thanks again to everyone who wanted to make sure we were ok! You guys are really caring!

I hope everyone is ok and i'am really sorry if anyone lost any family or friends!

Dale Baldwin 07-09-2005 01:39 PM

And now Birmingham?

Now an evacuation of Birmingham - where next?

Curt 07-09-2005 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin

Hopefully this is just a false alarm. My parents live only 10 minutes walk from Broad Street where the main evacuation has taken place and my brother is up there every Saturday night (as I used to be for years before emigrating). I've been in contact and he couldn't get in by Taxi so he, my cousin and their mates have gone elsewhere. I'll be watching this extremely closely.......

This was bound to happen though. :frusty:

SakSquash 07-09-2005 01:59 PM

I'm surprised Australia hasn't gotten hit yet.

Aj_ 07-09-2005 02:03 PM

Australians were attacked, although not on Australian soil.

SakSquash 07-09-2005 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aj_
Australians were attacked, although not on Australian soil.

Well, i'm talking about on Australian soil.

pinkgothic 07-18-2005 09:03 AM

Woot. I just heard back from the one London friend that hadn't resurfaced yet - turns out he left London for Valencia, and so was nowhere near the attacks! I'm highly relieved. :)

Hammerite 07-18-2005 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin

it was all some student calling in and saying there was a suspicious package at a train station who has been already convicted of making up hoax scares... something funny happend though... a couple did their first wedding dance in the middle of the road. It were on the local news, it were.