Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Record valuations? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/8677-record-valuations.html)

Manhunter71 06-13-2005 04:14 PM

Record valuations?

I'm wanting to sell a lot of my vinyl collection - this includes albums and singles from the likes of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Nirvana and many others.
A lot of these are originals, live recordings and limited editions - I just wondered if anyone knows of a website where I can value these, other than doing a google search?

Any info would be much appreciated :D

:D :D :D :D :D

Intrepid Homoludens 06-13-2005 04:17 PM

Don't you have a used record/music store in your area you can take them to for appraisal?

Manhunter71 06-13-2005 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Don't you have a used record/music store in your area you can take them to for appraisal?

Well, yes there is, but being a dealer in used books myself and knowing how these people operate, I would rather try and find the information for myself!
In my experience the majority of these people are very unscrupulous, and would sell their own grandma to make a few pounds :frown:

There is only one record store in my local area that values music and I know from past experience that he can't be trusted :frown:

Intrepid Homoludens 06-13-2005 04:28 PM

:) Then take the goods elsewhere, maybe even all the way to London. Best to get multiple appraisals, as you know, before deciding how to price them.

Manhunter71 06-13-2005 04:40 PM

Quote:

:) Then take the goods elsewhere, maybe even all the way to London. Best to get multiple appraisals, as you know, before deciding how to price them.

I did think about that, but do you realise how far I live from London?

I live in Lancaster on the North West coast and London is down south - Its about a 5 hour journey from my house to London, and thats on a day when the traffic isnt bad :crazy:

All I want to do is find some record values - there must be a website somewhere? :crazy:

C'mon guys!!!!

Zygomaticus 06-13-2005 05:56 PM

Perhaps you could try eBay and look what one of these is going for in general, and base your values on that?

Hamham Chan 06-14-2005 11:07 AM

I borrowed my dads vinyl collection, he´s got lots of records from the 60s and 70s.
Many Beatles and Bob Dylan records and such, they might be worth some dosh.

Intrepid Homoludens 06-14-2005 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manhunter71
I did think about that, but do you realise how far I live from London?

I live in Lancaster on the North West coast and London is down south - Its about a 5 hour journey from my house to London, and thats on a day when the traffic isnt bad :crazy:

Take your collection with you next time you happen to plan on a trip to London.

:P Or do you really need the money now?

100ja a.k.a. mr_mitja 06-14-2005 02:48 PM

Well, I won't be much of help, but I know that if they aren't scratched, and if they're original (explanation: many records since the 60's and 70's up till 90s were reprinted here in ex-Yugoslavia under the different label, so they don't have the same value) they go from about 3/4 of the price of a new LP you can buy now and higher. Of course, if it's really rare or in mint condition you could get a lot more. For example, some of the records that were released in very few copies here (talking about yugoslavian groups and artists) are worth 30€ at least (and they can easily go over 50).

Manhunter71 06-14-2005 03:04 PM

Quote:

Take your collection with you next time you happen to plan on a trip to London.

:P Or do you really need the money now?

Well, I wasn't really planning a trip to London anytime soon, especially since I have split with my girlfriend - the main reason for us going to London was to stay in a nice hotel for the weekend and see a show.

And, yes - I could really do with the money right now!
Ah well - i'll do a google search and see what I can find out :D