Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Sturr Wurrs (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/8294-sturr-wurrs.html)

SamNMax 05-18-2005 01:11 PM

Sturr Wurrs

Anyone seeing it tonight? I'm going to the midnight showing with my brother and one of his friends. It looks a lot more badass than the first two, and Jar Jar dies in it.

lumi 05-18-2005 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamNMax
and Jar Jar dies in it.

Does he? It would be better if he wasn't in it at all, because I'll bet the death scene will go on too long and be all sappy.

The movie does look like it will be better. At least the visuals will be good, even if the story isn't.

Jazhara7 05-18-2005 01:38 PM

No, and especially not after talking to that "nice" lady on the phone.

Seriously, you'd think they'd be a bit more friendly on the phone, when somebody phoned them, and just nicely asked them about something.

- :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ :\

squarejawhero 05-18-2005 01:56 PM

Whaaaat? Wow. Was that an OT post or did I miss something? :D

TigerShard 05-18-2005 02:06 PM

If JarJar really dies, I hate your guts now. Post spoiler warnings next time

SamNMax 05-18-2005 02:11 PM

Oh, please. Is that really spoiler worthy? No one gives a **** wheather he dies or not.

DustCropper 05-18-2005 02:14 PM

I'm surprised they didn't work that into their marketing campaign. I know a lot of people who would pay to see him die.

squarejawhero 05-18-2005 02:21 PM

Like these people -

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/images/...od%20baney.jpg

AFGNCAAP 05-18-2005 02:41 PM

I''m seeing it this weekend. Maybe.

A funny thought on Jar-Jar I came across the other day here:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Readers: What you want from ‘Revenge of the Sith’
Lastly, Anakin needs to torture and kill Jar-Jar Binks. George Lucas owes the Star Wars fans that much.

Ninth 05-18-2005 03:11 PM

I'll try to see it tomorrow, but I'm afraid the crowds might put me off.

SakSquash 05-18-2005 03:31 PM

Reviews coming in say it sucks....

...but overall, according to rottentomatoes, it's pretty good. Has an 80% fresh rating for now.

Personally, I probably shouldn't see the new ones until i've seen the old ones ;)

SamNMax 05-18-2005 03:46 PM

Interesting side note: Episode I's acting sucked.

insane_cobra 05-18-2005 04:24 PM

Saw it, didn't like it.

I won't go into much detail now, but I found it quite boring. Sure, there were some fun parts, but all in all it was not worth the money. Hardly an improvement over the last two films. In fact, I think this one is the weakest of all six.

And special effects are really over the top this time around. Some scenes are way too chaotic with everything and their mothers cramed into them, seems like Lucas has lost all sense of measure. Every movie so far has been spectacular in some way, this one is just kitschy.

But the girl I saw it with liked it, so...

(Btw, I'd love to see an X-Wing-type game based on the first trilogy! :9 )

SamNMax 05-18-2005 04:27 PM

Made it. X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter.

Talas 05-18-2005 08:31 PM

I will see it until Saturday, I can't miss any hour of work this week :\

Quote:

This game is awesome... dammit LucasArts, why did you have to stop making awesome games?! :frown:

Terabin 05-19-2005 12:07 AM

Just saw it, it's quite good, and I'd say it returns to the spirit of the original trilogy. There's actually a compelling plot and a reason for this movie to be. Episode I and II seemed rather aimless. Rise Vader, indeed.

insane_cobra 05-19-2005 12:13 AM

Quote:

Yeah, but I meant chronologically first. You know, Episodes I-III.

Orange Brat 05-19-2005 12:51 AM

Quote:

Reviews coming in say it sucks....
Actually, no they've been mostly positive. It has a Rotten Tomatoes score of 83% and that's with 131 major reviews tallied. That's an amazing score...better than most films and esp. amazing for a SW prequel.

My opinion that it is the 2nd best of the 6 films. Only Empire beats it and just barely. This was an almost perfect film. If not for the battle droid humor and a few other unnecessary funny lines, it would have been pretty much flawless. There's nothing that could have been better. I can't wait for the DVD to get the deleted scenes of Yoda arriving on Dagobah, Qui Gon Jinn's cameo, Mon Mothma's cameo and a few other extended scenes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_3/

SPOILER: Jar Jar doesn't die.

SakSquash 05-19-2005 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange Brat
Actually, no they've been mostly positive. It has a Rotten Tomatoes score of 83% and that's with 131 major reviews tallied.

Thats what I said.

Terabin 05-19-2005 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange Brat
This was an almost perfect film. If not for the battle droid humor and a few other unnecessary funny lines, it would have been pretty much flawless. T

Those few scenes that involved humor were absolutely necessary for the prequels to stop taking themselves so GODDAMN seriously. I'm not sure if you're including the R2 humor in with your battle droid comments, but I thought that his few moments were incredibly refreshing. The humor was a sigh of relief for me.