Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   She's older, yet she rocks! And here's why... (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/5632-shes-older-yet-she-rocks-heres-why.html)

Intrepid Homoludens 11-17-2004 07:32 PM

She's older, yet she rocks! And here's why...

Sent to me by my sister, who is 42 years old wiser. So true:

Written by Andy Rooney, CBS 60 Minutes.

"As I grow in age, I value women who are over 30 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 30 will not lay next to you in bed and ask, 'What are you thinking?' She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 30 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it's usually something more interesting.

A woman over 30 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 30 give a damn what you might think about her or what she's doing.

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

A woman over 30 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Women over 30 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won't betray her. Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 30. They always know.

A woman over 30 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women or drag queens.

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 30 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 30 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of 30+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of 30+ himself with some 22-year-old waitress. Ladies, I apologize. For all those men who say, 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.' Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage."

Wormsie 11-18-2004 01:21 PM

That reminds me - I'm out of strawberry jam.

gillyruless 11-18-2004 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadworm222
That reminds me - I'm out of strawberry jam.

My god, that's so existential of you.

Here, let me try it too.

That reminds me - I'm out of soy milk.

BTW, Trep, I owe you a big thanks! I forwarded your post to someone at my office whom I really like ans she has finally agreed to go out and have lunch with me tomorrow! :D Check's in the mail, my man!

BTW, I'm thinking Japanese. Nothing like Sushi to get you in the romantic mood. What do you think?

Wormsie 11-18-2004 01:48 PM

Strawberry Jam.

Intrepid Homoludens 11-18-2004 02:29 PM

Whoah. I never thought those two little words could sound so arousing coming from a.....a lifeless invertebrate. Tell me, darling, can you French kiss?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillhotstudruless
BTW, Trep, I owe you a big thanks! I forwarded your post to someone at my office whom I really like ans she has finally agreed to go out and have lunch with me tomorrow! :D Check's in the mail, my man!

BTW, I'm thinking Japanese. Nothing like Sushi to get you in the romantic mood. What do you think?

What do I think? First base, but no further for the time being. Just don't attempt to kiss her when you drop her off at her home. Act very bashful and embarrassed, then turn around go home, but show a little hesitation. Works every time. I'd give more direction but that'll require another check.

Wormsie 11-19-2004 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Whoah. I never thought those two little words could sound so arousing coming from a.....a lifeless invertebrate. Tell me, darling, can you French kiss?

http://forums.idlethumbs.net/images/smilies/dissaa.gif

I dunno. I've never tried.http://forums.idlethumbs.net/images/smilies/dissaa.gif

Wormsie 11-19-2004 11:25 AM

I could say something nasty but... I'll let it slide. :pan:

Intrepid Homoludens 11-19-2004 01:16 PM

Quote:

I could say something nasty but...

Say it! Say it! http://forums.idlethumbs.net/images/smilies/naughty.gif

Quote:

I'll let it slide.
< dirty mind >

Wormsie 12-06-2004 04:42 PM

I did a google search on "lifeless invertebrate", and ... this page is the first one on the list. Congratulations, Trep! *D

Wormsie 12-06-2004 04:44 PM

Quote:

O ****.

< triple dirty mind >

Mattsius 12-07-2004 09:51 AM

Quote:

I did a google search on "lifeless invertebrate", and ... this page is the first one on the list. Congratulations, Trep! *D

This is truly a day to remember.

Catbert 12-07-2004 11:20 AM

I like 30 year old women because most I've met love sex and want to do it just as much as I do.

Giggidy Giggidy Gig-Gi-Dy!

Sweet Fanny Adams 12-13-2004 01:01 PM

Quote:

First base

I refuse to talk about "bases" of any kind. Meh.

Intrepid Homoludens 10-20-2007 09:34 PM

:) Heh heh, I've just read this thread again. And I still love it.

Almost makes me want to be a 33-year-old woman.

:shifty: Almost.

< dangles a jar of strawberry jam at Wormsie >

Squinky 10-20-2007 10:12 PM

No wonder no one wants to go out with me! They're all under the misconception that I'm going to have screaming matches with them at the opera!

Intrepid Homoludens 10-20-2007 10:25 PM

Darling, you know I would always take you to the opera when you want. Let's go right now! It's opening night and La Boheme kicks off the season, and you look absolutely exquisite in your evening attire. Now, just slip on this silk gag and off we go....

Squinky 10-20-2007 10:44 PM

LOLlerblades!

I mean, mmrph mmrph!

Jazhara7 10-21-2007 03:20 AM

I'm not over 30 yet, but I don't have shouting matches.

I do have a very loud voice, though, something I've inherited from my father's side of the family, so I don't actually have to shout to be heard.

You have to get worried when my voice gets high-pitched (well, more so than it already is. I do sing first soprano in the choir, after all), because that means I am upset or angry.

Still, very nice text. :)

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Jatsie 10-21-2007 03:44 AM

My alter ego is a thirty-something woman...

Oh, and I prefer raspberry jam, seedless. Maybe my alter ego could join the WI, those ladies make nice jam. :)

aries323 10-21-2007 03:52 AM

Andy Roony commenting on this just shows you how much younger male generations can learn from the older male generation. I actually happen to agree with Andy on this one (as I find myself doing with most of his comments these days). Andy Roony ios very wise old man...