Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   How did you find Adventure Gamers? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/2559-how-did-you-find-adventure-gamers.html)

DomStLeger 03-21-2004 08:58 AM

I stumbled across Adventuregamer.com sometime in 2000; I really can't remember why. Lookig for info about a game I think. Anyway I was drawn in by the good writing and excellent news. Then eventually the forums opened and I never left.

I've seen two downtimes and a name change in my time; aye those were the days. Y'know, in the beginning you'd have to hold a gaslamp up to the moniter to see the site - it was so dark. O'course those were the days when Just Adventures design was cutting edge :D. And you young whippersnappers; you used to respect your elders. Aye; happy days; happy days indeed...

Wheres my walking stick?

Jake 03-21-2004 09:31 AM

sworn enemies?

When I first started working on Mixnmojo (this was around March 2000? after Spaff had been running Mojo for years already), Spaff told me there was some site out there called Adventure Gamer, and they were our sworn enemy.

What I'd been told was, Adventure Gamer was a site run by some asshole who didn't like us because Mojo got, I guess, our own domain name, and hosting on the Telefragged network, before AG could, so therefore we deserved to be hated. I have never actually asked Bordok if that was the case, but that was the impression I was under, until Lasse quit and Marek took over as sole "owner," at which point Spaff told me "okay they're our friends now."

James 03-21-2004 09:33 AM

how do i do anything? grim fandango! (review, read, enjoyed, stuck around)

Tanukitsune 03-21-2004 09:54 AM

I found it googling for a adventure forum....
I even use google to find my socks... :P

RLacey 03-21-2004 11:43 AM

Mixnmojo.

doppelganger rex 03-21-2004 12:35 PM

I just searched for 'adventure gamer' oen day just like that and lo and behold this came up and I was happy. Hi. I'm new.

Mattsius 03-21-2004 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doppelganger rex
Hi. I'm new.

Welcome, doppelganger rex! :)

ChaosFish 03-21-2004 01:43 PM

As for me, someone at the Magicball Network old forums (in 1999) posted a link to news post in www.adventuregamer.com that has LBA3 news (:P). I contacted Marek and adviced him to host the Magicball Network, and he talked with El Muerte and they agreed to do it... than that horrible thing that happened to adventuregamer.com happened... than they no longer hosted sites... and now they don't consider LBA as an adventure game :P
Nevertheless, I like Adventure Gamers, and I come to this forum once in a while.

doppelganger rex 03-21-2004 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosFish
As for me, someone at the Magicball Network old forums (in 1999) posted a link to news post in www.adventuregamer.com that has LBA3 news (:P). I contacted Marek and adviced him to host the Magicball Network, and he talked with El Muerte and they agreed to do it... than that horrible thing that happened to adventuregamer.com happened... than they no longer hosted sites... and now they don't consider LBA as an adventure game :P
Nevertheless, I like Adventure Gamers, and I come to this forum once in a while.

What does LBA stand for? WHat is up wth all these acronyms, god gave you ten fingers so that you may type complete names, you know.

Intrepid Homoludens 03-21-2004 01:51 PM

Quote:

What does LBA stand for?

Lesbian Brainstorming Association.

doppelganger rex 03-21-2004 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Lesbian Brainstorming Association.

oh, ok

James 03-21-2004 02:35 PM

a well known pop group in Tokyo.

mag 03-21-2004 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolzig
I don't even remember how I found AG, I either saw the old www.adventuregamer.com link in Pelit magazine or I was searching the web for good adventuresites, then I just came to visit the site and have been here since.
Weird. I never thought to try going back to adventuregamer.com after this site went plural. I didn't know DreamCatcher has it now. Neat.

mag

Ninja Dodo 03-21-2004 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Lesbian Brainstorming Association

Trep :pan:

... but more commonly known as Little Big Adventure. :D

doppelganger rex 03-21-2004 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
Trep :pan:

... but more commonly known as Little Big Adventure. :D

Ah, cmon, it cannpt possibly mean that! Sheesh, you think I am dim or what?

Skinkie 03-21-2004 07:58 PM

I found it from MixnMojo. I don't know when, sometime in my life I suppose.

lmxplx 03-21-2004 08:35 PM

Google

Ninth 03-22-2004 01:39 AM

I stumbled upon AGS (Adventure Gaming Studio) first, last year, as I was vaguely toying with the notion of creating an adventure game, and found out about amateur games. This led me to read the Inventory, and in trying to find out more about this on-line magazine I found an AG thread in which Dom criticised it rather harshly. Although I strongly disagreed with him, I found myself reading a few thread and getting hooked.
A few months later, I registered. :)

ChaosFish 03-22-2004 02:42 AM

Quote:

What does LBA stand for? WHat is up wth all these acronyms, god gave you ten fingers so that you may type complete names, you know.

It's Little Big Adventure. Sorry I thought it was obvious :D

mycroft 03-22-2004 07:44 AM

How did I find Adventure Gamers ?

I turned left from Greenland.*

*Bonus points to anyone who catches the reference