Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Most Anticipated Upcoming Movies (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/2457-most-anticipated-upcoming-movies.html)

DustCropper 05-08-2004 06:25 PM

I'm looking forward to The Village. It's being made by the same dude who did Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense. 8-)

D.C. 05-08-2004 06:27 PM

M Night Shyamalan. Awesome choice. :)

DustCropper 05-08-2004 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerialFreak
M Night Shyamalan. Awesome choice. :)

Yeah, they showed, I think, 7.5 minutes of The Village last Monday when they had Unbreakable on TV. It was like an extended trailer, I guess. Looked pretty good, even though I'm not a huge fan of horror films.

D.C. 05-08-2004 06:32 PM

Shayamalan's movies are awesome. There's a thread about The Village here. I can't wait to see it in the cinema. That's cool how they do those extended preview things in the U.S., I think they also did one for Dawn of the Dead. I probably wouldn't watch them though, I like to watch a movie completely, and be suprised. :)

Ninja Dodo 05-08-2004 07:00 PM

Hm my looking forward to list has seen some additions...

The already mentioned Coffee & Cigarettes looks great. The Village seems like it could be good - I just hope the ending is better than Signs.

But now also showing on my 'looking forward to'-list are Garden State, Noi and Love Me If You Dare.

Added to my list of 'not-going-to-watch-EVER' are:

Around the World in 80 days - an insult to Jules Verne

White Chicks - The Wayans brothers are just not funny and that has got to be some of the worst movie makeup ever...

D.C. 05-08-2004 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
I just hope the ending is better than Signs.

/me punches Ninja Dodo in the face. :)

Ninja Dodo 05-08-2004 07:07 PM

You liked the ending on Signs?

Maybe it's cause I'm an atheist, but...

Spoiler:
I didn't like the 'god works in mysterious ways' punchline.

It was also too artificially set up... too deus ex machina, if you'll pardon the expression.

D.C. 05-08-2004 07:09 PM

I'm not really religious, but I thought the ending was awesome. The movie was always about Graham Hess questioning his beliefs. Both the sci-fi and religious angle of the ending is awesome. It's my favourite movie ever made. :)

Terabin 05-08-2004 08:47 PM

Garden State! That's what I'm a-looking forward to.

RainbowLight 05-08-2004 09:29 PM

Dawn Of The Dead, The Day After Tomorrow, The Ring 2 (comes out in November), and the three Angelina Jolie movies I haven't seen yet: Beyond Borders, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, and Mr. & Mrs. Smith. I already saw Taking Lives in theater, which was excellent. She's also doing a voice in Shark Tale. She is my favorite actress because she makes me forget I'm watching Angelina Jolie...all I see is the character she's playing.

simpson_yellow 05-09-2004 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenJeanz
Oh yeah, and Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind.

Me too, GreenJeanz. I've been looking forward to this one for a while. Going to see it in a few hours :D.

I'll be keeping an eye on Coffee & Cigarettes and Garden State too, although I'm not sure that C&C will make it to the screen over here.

Ninja Dodo 05-09-2004 02:28 AM

Oh yeah... Sunshine as well. It's out here already but I just haven't had time to go to the cinema the past week and won't for a few more. :(

Zanthia 05-09-2004 03:45 AM

Village, I guess and I,robot(although I read somwhere that it is based on the book very freely) and defenetly Shrek 2.

D.C. 05-09-2004 03:48 AM

Yeah, I've heard the same thing about I, Robot. Van Helsing looks like it'll be pretty cool, but it's been getting some bad reviews. CNN gave it a good review though, which is sort of strange. :) I would have thought they would prefer the artsy types of movies. :)

Zanthia 05-09-2004 04:00 AM

I guess they decided to do some head cleaning once in a while. :)

Ninja Dodo 05-09-2004 06:29 AM

I looking forward to seeing the visual effects in Van Helsing, but beyond that I can't imagine there'll be much of interest in the movie.

D.C. 05-09-2004 04:51 PM

I really like Action/Adventure movies, so if it's anything like The Mummy movies, it should be pretty entertaining. :)

Maquisard 05-09-2004 09:32 PM

Heh, poor dwellers of the old world! Punisher, Kill Bill vol.2, Passion, Hidalgo, I've seen 'em all! I should add this to the short list of advantages of living in the U.S. (scribbles)

EDIT: And just so that being an ass isn't the only thing I contribute to this thread, here's my list:

Troy, Aliens vs. Predator, Riddick, The Environmental Mumbo Jumbo movie (what's it's face?), Spiderman 2, King Arthur, etc.

D.C. 05-09-2004 09:56 PM

Actually this thread is old. The only movie that's on your list that hasn't been released in Australia is The Punisher. :)

emma 05-10-2004 03:37 AM

Totally looking forward to Coffee and Cigarettes. Also very curious about (quick-trailer) Napoleon Dynamite. Noi an Icelandic movie looks pretty interesting also.