Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Worst thing to ever happen when alone with opposite sex (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/21781-worst-thing-ever-happen-when-alone-opposite-sex.html)

Arob 01-21-2008 05:46 PM

Worst thing to ever happen when alone with opposite sex

I was reminded today of the worst and most humiliating moment of my entire life. Once when I was out with a prospective new girlfriend I was talking too loudly about one of her friends and that very person came around the corner and finished my sentence for me in a most awkward fashion... oh it was unbearably humiliating because the two girls just looked at each other and there was a profound understanding and deep deep resentment and... oh I dont even want to think about it.

I know that other people have way more profoundly embarrassing things happen to them though and so I was wondering if anyone would share them here just to cheer me up?

Squinky 01-21-2008 07:45 PM

Well, whenever I'm alone with a bunch of guys, the only thing that makes me feel awkward is that I'm a head shorter than everyone and my voice is an octave higher. Other than that, it's not all that different, embarrassment-wise, from being in mixed company.

Not A Speck Of Cereal 01-21-2008 09:03 PM

Arob, not to worry, the foot in mouth plague shows no signs of abating. Why, if I could go back in time, the many moments that I could save myself from...

Jatsie 01-22-2008 03:26 AM

I secretly love when things like that happen, in fact I'm still waiting to ask a fat woman "so when's the baby due?" :D

Jelena 01-22-2008 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jat316sob (Post 456877)
I secretly love when things like that happen, in fact I'm still waiting to ask a fat woman "so when's the baby's due?" :D

I did that once, actually believing she was pregnant since she used to be a lot thinner. Oh, that was sooooo embarrassing. :frown:

undeaf 01-22-2008 11:02 AM

Imagine how awkward it would be to accidentally say that to a guy.

Giligan 01-22-2008 12:01 PM

"Triplets, one in each buttock and a third in the gut? You must be so proud."

Cold-Factor 01-24-2008 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undeaf (Post 456922)
Imagine how awkward it would be to accidentally say that to a guy.

Not just awkwardness, but maybe even a punch in the face. Or...maybe they'll be flattered by the comment?

Not A Speck Of Cereal 01-24-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Worst thing to ever happen when alone with opposite sex
"Are you done yet?"

Squinky 01-24-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold-Factor (Post 457201)
Not just awkwardness, but maybe even a punch in the face.

You'd punch a girl in the face? Now that's just low...

Cold-Factor 01-25-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squinky (Post 457216)
You'd punch a girl in the face? Now that's just low...

Doesn't egalitarianism rock?

Arob 02-03-2008 10:00 AM

I'm still haunted by the looks on their faces...

It would have been better if someone was there to make a joke out of the whole thing... but instead her words and their looks - their knowling glances at each other lasted forever - probably only a few seconds but it was so pain full for everyone. My relationship with both - ruined

and it was me and my big mouth...
I can't even forgive myself for it.