Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   The AG Community Blog (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/17105-ag-community-blog.html)

tsa 10-06-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo (Post 561043)
In other news, I just completed work on the mammoth outline for my four volume story.

The problem is, we're sinking so far into debt that I now have to abandon plans to write the novel and get a day job again.

Okay, enough from me. I think most folks skip my posts here these days anyway. Just thought I'd give a heads up. Ta.

I never skip your posts Lee. You have a hard life, poor man. I hope it will turn for the better soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 561046)
Hey all. I'm doing pretty good, besides stressing with midterms. The thing I wanted to throw out there is what kind of 180 degree turn Louie has been doing.

On the upside, there's a very good chance Louie and I will move into a house with 7 other people, who are really friendly. They also have 4 dogs and a cat, and I've really missed having pets!

Hey Fantasy, tell Louie that Dr. Tjerkstra forbids him to act so weirdly! ;) And yay about the house! That would be nice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen (Post 561037)
Thanks Fantasy and Marte :)
And tsa, who knows what a few discussions could lead to.

Are you referring to discussions between you and me or to my meeting with Mystery Man yesterday?
I have to explain Mystery Man to you all. Yesterday I was in the old building where I worked for almost 15 years. It is now almost empty and will probably be demolished soon. I brought my camera with me to take pictures of my old room, and the lab where I worked and had so much fun during all those years. It was a surreal experience to walk around there. There were leftover chairs and cupboards still there, and even my Syberia poster, that I hung on a wall 10 years ago, was still there. When I left there was a man coming towars me who asked what I was doing there. I explained to him that I had worked there so long and had taken some nostalgic pictures. He asked me what I had studied and what I am doing now, and I told him my contract expires on December 1st. By then we had reached our cars in the parking lot, and he stood next to his car for a moment, in thought. He then asked me if I would be back in the building in the near future. I said yes, I have to be there tomorrow morning. And then he said to me: Come and visit me when you're there. He is the only one who still lives on the floor I photographed. So I printed my CV and I will go and see him today! I have no idea who he is, and I think he doesn't know me at all either, so who knows where this will lead?

Jelena 10-07-2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo (Post 561043)
Okay, enough from me. I think most folks skip my posts here these days anyway. Just thought I'd give a heads up. Ta.

I read your posts too. I don't always reply though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 561046)
On the upside, there's a very good chance Louie and I will move into a house with 7 other people, who are really friendly. They also have 4 dogs and a cat, and I've really missed having pets! I don't want to get my hopes up too high, and I'm a bit scared of trying the unknown, but I'm excited!

I used to live in a big house shared by a bunch of students during my uni years. It was so much fun. So many good memories. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 561065)
Mystery Man

Indeed mysterious. To be continued....

tsa 10-07-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelena (Post 561086)
Indeed mysterious. To be continued....

Well, this morning I went to see my Mystery Man. I found him at the place where he said he would be. He gave me his card and I gave him my CV. He told me that he is an entrepeneur, and that he is always on the lookout for usable talent. He said that I had said something in the elevator the day before that made him think. He knows two companies that make small things. Maybe I was the right person for a job in one of those companies. I asked him what these companies were called and what they made, but he wouldn't say, despite me urging him to at least say something about it. We made the appointment that I would send him a digital version of my CV, and that he would call me when he knew more.
So what should I think of this? I've dealt with people like him before, and my experiences are not so good. Most of them talk a lot but when they have to fulfill their promises they are not home. Luckily Mystery Man didn't promise me anything, and I found my visit this morning and what led up to it a very intersting experience, so even when nothing will happen after this it was still a nice adventure.

tsa 10-07-2010 12:25 PM

Yesterday Antonie Kamerling committed suicide. He was a very very talented Dutch actor, who played in a soap opera, various films, and did other things. He was 44 years old: two years older than me. He left behind a very lovely wife and two kids, and many many sad Dutch people.
I can't stand it when people my age die. And suicide! Why? I was really sad about it. My life is much worse than his was, but he suffered from terrible depressions that he eventually couldn't stand anymore. Why couldn't he enjoy his life more? Life is so unfair. There is no god.

Jatsie 10-07-2010 04:13 PM

I met this guy online and we've been IMing for a couple of weeks. He's quite attractive, he has similar tastes in music to me, he likes video games, he likes adventure games, he attended the same university as me at the same time as me and we have common acquaintances, yet we never met and now we live nowhere near each other. The universe works in mysterious ways, haha.

Squinky 10-08-2010 12:14 AM

It's Robert, isn't it?

bulldog 10-08-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squinky (Post 561140)
It's Robert, isn't it?

that would be a hoot :D:D:D

RLacey 10-09-2010 05:55 AM

No it isn't, and no it wouldn't.

tsa 10-09-2010 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jatsie (Post 561115)
I met this guy online and we've been IMing for a couple of weeks. He's quite attractive, he has similar tastes in music to me, he likes video games, he likes adventure games, he attended the same university as me at the same time as me and we have common acquaintances, yet we never met and now we live nowhere near each other. The universe works in mysterious ways, haha.

Are you planning on meeting him?

I will hopefully meet the lady I visited in September again after the weekend. I look forward to it. I hope she is not put off too much by my painful knees...:frusty:

Jelena 10-09-2010 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 561215)
I will hopefully meet the lady I visited in September again after the weekend. I look forward to it.

Nice. :)
You know I actually dreamed about you and her having a relationship the other night. I've waited for you to give us an update so apparently I unconsciously created a story in a dream about it.
It was a very nice dream! :D

bulldog 10-09-2010 07:28 AM

Quote:

I will hopefully meet the lady I visited in September again after the weekend. I look forward to it. I hope she is not put off too much by my painful knees...:frusty:

If she is put off by your knees then you dont need to be seeing her........ just my thoughts :D

stepurhan 10-09-2010 10:55 AM

Easy as it is to say as someone in a long-term marriage (recent UK government statistics say 11.5 years is average and myself and Mrs Urhan passed that in July) but you have to love a person with all their flaws. Mrs Urhan has a lot more to put up with on that front than I do but the important thing is that each of us accepts the other as we are. Your knees are part of you (I know that is true literally but bear with me here) so anyone put off by your knees is not going to be in a lasting relationship with you (becuase eventually your knees will come between you, if you know what I mean)

Here's hoping she sees past your knees to the great guy I met in Amsterdam this year though.

Could you come up with something other than your knees if you need me to say this again. Hoping that someone will be able to "see past your knees" makes it sound like you're dating a midget. :)

Jatsie 10-09-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

No, we have enough in common where if it were convenient I'd definitely go for a drink with him to see if anything was there, but as it stands there isn't really enough of a spark or a connexion in our conversations to make it seem worth the effort of trekking across the country to meet.

Good luck seeing your lady friend though, and I hope your knees feel better. :)

tsa 10-09-2010 12:55 PM

Thanks Step, Lena, Bullsie, Jatzie for your kind words. My life is pretty hard at the moment and you cheer me up quite a bit!

Intrepid Homoludens 10-11-2010 07:26 PM

Dear Blog Thingy,

Today is National Coming Out Day. I finally officially came out to my mom. It was......memorable, as you'll know when you read it:

gay kittens and my mom | a space alien

Quote:

I said, "I can't do that because I don't like girls. I don't like suso!" ("suso" is tits in Tagalog, the national dialect of the Philippines)

Jelena 10-11-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens (Post 561400)

Wonderful! :)

tsa 10-11-2010 10:41 PM

Yes, it is hilarious! :) Congratulations on coming out for your mum Trepsie. And I can't understand how you don't like tits. I find them very intriguing. I also find it very intriguing how men can get so confused over two blobs of fat with nipples on them.

Fantasysci5 10-12-2010 12:26 AM

Trep-Good job on officially coming out! ;) Sorry your mom doesn't understand, but it's good that she still supports you. :)

Jatsie-Good luck with your new guy! ;)

Well, apparently I can't get out of my lease for the dorms until summer, so the 'moving into house' is pushed back, and may not happen. :frown: Oh well, at least I can keep my job and save up more money for my England trip. lol

Jelena 10-12-2010 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 561409)
I also find it very intriguing how men can get so confused over two blobs of fat with nipples on them.

Ahem, it's not all fat you know. It's quite a lot of glands as well thank you very much!

;)

tsa 10-12-2010 10:27 AM

When you're not suckling or pregnant most of it is fat! :)

Jelena 10-12-2010 12:01 PM

Nope. I'm neither suckling nor pregnant and there are lots of glands there. :P More than fat actually. But then again, I'm rather petite when it comes to those regions.

Intrepid Homoludens 10-12-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 561409)
Yes, it is hilarious! :) Congratulations on coming out for your mum Trepsie. And I can't understand how you don't like tits. I find them very intriguing. I also find it very intriguing how men can get so confused over two blobs of fat with nipples on them.

;) But I did find tits intriguing - once upon a time (when I was quite the baby and needed milk from mummy). Tits are a good thing, especially on a woman... :crazy: .... erm, yeah.

Well, if you yourself don't like peckers I wouldn't understand that, but such is the diverse, complex world. :P

Incidentally, that gay kitten joke never gets old for my mom. She still cracks up when I bring it up.

bulldog 10-12-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens (Post 561400)
Dear Blog Thingy,

Today is National Coming Out Day. I finally officially came out to my mom. It was......memorable, as you'll know when you read it:

hahahahahahahhah......................that was a great joke Trepsie :D oh and congrads on coming out to your mom......:D

tsa 10-12-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelena (Post 561447)
Nope. I'm neither suckling nor pregnant and there are lots of glands there. :P More than fat actually. But then again, I'm rather petite when it comes to those regions.

We are both right. More or less.

Quote:

The ratio of glands to adipose tissues rises from 1:1 in nonlactating women to 2:1 in lactating women.

Hammerite 10-13-2010 05:26 AM

Boobs are cool. :D

Intense Degree 10-13-2010 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite (Post 561480)

The ultimate design classic! :)

tsa 10-13-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite (Post 561480)

Yeah. Huh huh huh. :crazy:

Squinky 10-13-2010 11:07 AM

Well, if you really do find them so fascinating, you could always get a pair of your own. Just saying.

http://www.mindbreakers.com/mb/img/invention8.jpg

EDIT: Oh, and how can I forget these:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/48/13...b34722e903.jpg

tsa 10-13-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squinky (Post 561493)
Well, if you really do find them so fascinating, you could always get a pair of your own. Just saying.

These here look much better and real than the ones you showed :)

Jatsie 10-13-2010 01:32 PM

What the deuce did I just click on? :crazy:

bulldog 10-13-2010 01:48 PM

hahahhahahaahhahh ya'll are killing me to funny :D

Intrepid Homoludens 10-13-2010 01:55 PM

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/209221/thu...URNS-large.jpg
Surviver, champion.

Dear Blog Thingy,

I cried. It was both painful and so inspiring to watch.

Texas Councilman Joel Burns tells gay teens ' it gets better' (video)

This is all we ask for, to have a chance at life un-oppressed and unsuppressed. The kind of life that all straight people, including you who read this, enjoy and even take for granted. Some of us kill ourselves because of what some of you have done to us.

You have no idea the suffering we must put up with.

You have no idea what I went through.

Fantasysci5 10-13-2010 06:47 PM

Aww, Trep. *hugs* I know I don't know exactly what you are going through, and never will, but I can sympathize from my own personal troubles.

Intrepid Homoludens 10-13-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 561515)
Aww, Trep. *hugs* I know I don't know exactly what you are going through, and never will, but I can sympathize from my own personal troubles.

Yeah, it was very hard for me and for so many others. I just wish I had been able to be there for those kids who ended up taking their own lives because they thought no one was there for them, no one ever took the time to listen. Some of them were only 12, 13 years old! It tears me up inside because I myself was lucky to have survived, been able to hold on just a bit longer, but they didn't. They didn't make it through like I did, like Joel Burns did. No one ever deserves to be tortured like that, whether gay or straight or whatever.

Not sure if you watched the video. It is raw. Very raw.

Thanks for the sweet words, and bless you. :kiss:

tsa 10-13-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens (Post 561517)
Not sure if you watched the video. It is raw. Very raw.

I'm watching the video as I type this. Man there is so much wrong with your country it's hard to find out where to begin fixing it. You call your country "The Land of the Free" but but that is only true for white, straight, rich and healthy people who don't look further than their own nose is long and go to church every week. Of course there is a lot wrong with my own country too but I am so happy to live in the Netherlands. Life is not perfect here for people who are different, but heaven compared to life in the US.

Hammerite 10-14-2010 01:56 PM

I second the views that that video was extremely touching; as someone who knows two close and much loved family members who are LGBT, I feel relieved that they weren't made to feel belittled or ashamed to such a point.

Thankfully, homophobia doesn't seem to be quite so rife in the UK as it apparently is in the US...

Jatsie 10-14-2010 07:31 PM

I was just complimented on my stalking skills, it gave me warm fuzzies. I take great pride in my ability to dig up vast amounts of dirt on anyone who crosses my path, hehe. ^^

Squinky 10-14-2010 11:30 PM

By Robert, right?

Jatsie 10-15-2010 06:55 AM

I think Robert's been wary of my stalking ever since I followed him around a shopping centre.

Jelena 10-15-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jatsie (Post 561569)
I was just complimented on my stalking skills, it gave me warm fuzzies. I take great pride in my ability to dig up vast amounts of dirt on anyone who crosses my path, hehe. ^^

I take pride in being able to track down people who try to avoid being found by the law-court. With the access to the national registers, phone registers etc. and by contacting employees, relatives I've managed to persuade a couple of well-know-tricky-to-find criminals and have them attend trial.
I think it's because I'm an adventure gamer I've succeeded. ;)