Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   The AG Community Blog (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/17105-ag-community-blog.html)

TimovieMan 05-02-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jatsie (Post 610155)
<3 you guys too. :)

Your return made me think of Cliff Richard & The Young Ones - Living Doll.

Mainly because I was thinking:
Hi, Jatsie, it's me!
- Who are you?

:D

Trunkyo 05-04-2012 04:35 PM

Yes, it's already that time of year again. :\ Today is the three-year anniversary of my former co-worker Tim's passing. Once more, a few of us met by Tim's memorial plaque this morning to reminisce about him and place flowers on the nearby stones. With the unusually cool April, the purple flowers planted around the stones are only now just blooming. Still thinking of you, Tim.

Fantasysci5 05-04-2012 08:46 PM

I'm graduating from college tomorrow. I'm getting married in two weeks, and then to England and the unknown. It's a little nerve wracking, but I'm excited to move into the new stages of my life. :)

Trunkyo-it's very nice that you still remember and honor Tim. <3

Little Writer 05-05-2012 12:36 AM

So I finally got around to playing Mata Hari. That constant train travelling is driving me nuts. And I know I could just ride the express trains but I've developped some sort of personal vendetta against those enemy agents.

Also, who's idea was it to also drag the conversation topics onto people? What happened to the good old just clicking them?

I like the game though. It's interesting, not really difficult, good material for me right now. Having some trouble with convincing Mercedes, though. Mata says I need something extra but I have no idea what or where to look for it. Guess I'll have to ride some more trains then ...

After this one I'll probably play So Blonde. Got lots of games lined up, including the Broken Swords series. But I'm actually looking for something of the same caliber as Gray Matter. I was so in love with that one ... It's the last game I actually bought in a real store, and there's just something about a hardcopy version of a game ... (the last game before that I bought in a store was Runaway, to give you an idea how rarely good games show up on those shelves).

TimovieMan 05-05-2012 07:33 AM

Six of TimovieFiancée's friends have kidnapped her, dressed her up in a hula-skirt and a T-shirt with lots of pieces of candy on, and set off into town for her bachelorette party.

TimovieMan's friends however, have decided that the best they could do was leave him alone while his fiancée was out, so he could do some uninterrupted adventure gaming. :P

Everybody wins! :D

As long as that T-shirt TimovieFiancée is now wearing doesn't result in her bringing home James Woods... :)

stepurhan 05-05-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimovieMan
As long as that T-shirt TimovieFiancée is now wearing doesn't result in her bringing home James Woods... :)

You should be OK. Didn't Diane kill James Woods (and a bunch of other people)? :)

Jatsie 05-05-2012 11:08 AM

I mixed Manhattans tonight, who wants in?

Jelena 05-05-2012 12:13 PM

I was just about to go to bed but Mr J is cheering loudly from the basement. I think Sweden just scored.
(It's icehockey world championship and Sweden is playing against the Czechs.)

Hand me one of those Manhattans but skip the cherry.

tsa 05-05-2012 12:45 PM

I don't drink alcohol :(

UPtimist 05-05-2012 01:32 PM

I don't drink alcohol. I don't like ice hockey (in fact, quite the opposite). I have dark hair and eyes.

Am I really a Finnish man? :P

TimovieMan 05-05-2012 01:41 PM

It depends. Do you look like one of these guys?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_K6dYT6C85b...ad+cowboys.jpg

UPtimist 05-05-2012 01:54 PM

But those are Leningrad Cowboys!

Jatsie 05-05-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 610704)
I don't drink alcohol :(

Can you teach my alcoholic mother that trick?

Lee in Limbo 05-11-2012 02:32 PM

Sick to my stomach with anxiety about the overdue rent. I'm trying to sell some art in the hopes of paying it off before the cut-off date.

Squinky 05-11-2012 02:55 PM

*hugs Lee*

bulldog 05-11-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo (Post 611407)
Sick to my stomach with anxiety about the overdue rent. I'm trying to sell some art in the hopes of paying it off before the cut-off date.

*hugs*

bulldog 05-11-2012 03:37 PM

My heart is very heavy. I'm behind on my sewing I'm working lots of hours and my cat that I've had for 13 years is dying. He went from 10 pounds 4 weeks ago to 7.4 pounds today. The vet said that she suspects cancer or is heart murmor has caught up to him. His breathing is labored and he cant support his own weight. Its going to be along night, and I'm sick to my stomach of how this will go. :frown:

Trunkyo 05-11-2012 08:04 PM

I think it's time for a group hug. Sorry to hear, er, read about your troubles, Lee and bullsie.

tsa 05-11-2012 09:58 PM

Yeah, those are not nice. Good luck to you both.

Jelena 05-12-2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo (Post 611407)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulldog (Post 611416)
My heart is very heavy. I'm behind on my sewing I'm working lots of hours and my cat that I've had for 13 years is dying. He went from 10 pounds 4 weeks ago to 7.4 pounds today. The vet said that she suspects cancer or is heart murmor has caught up to him. His breathing is labored and he cant support his own weight. Its going to be along night, and I'm sick to my stomach of how this will go. :frown:

(((Lee and Bullsie)))

Lee in Limbo 05-12-2012 02:13 AM

(((group)))

tsa 05-12-2012 02:58 AM

I started drinking beer last week. Alcohol-free of course. It's a nice addition to tea, milk, soda and fruit juice.

bulldog 05-12-2012 03:31 AM

(((((hugs to you all)))))) love you bunches :kiss:

Fantasysci5 05-12-2012 11:31 AM

Hugs all!

TimovieMan 05-16-2012 05:15 AM

Hugs to all!

Time for some happy news: as of Friday May 11th, at about 14:45 pm, TimovieMan is officially married to TimovieFiancée, who promptly changed her name to TimovieWife.

TimovieMan may have looked sharp in his suit that day, but TimovieWife was by far the most eye-catching...

Pics are in the What Do You Look Like? thread!

Squinky 05-16-2012 08:06 AM

I enjoy looking sharp in suits, too.

Jelena 05-16-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimovieMan (Post 611911)
TimovieMan may have looked sharp in his suit that day, but TimovieWife was by far the most eye-catching...

Indeed! I love her pink dress!

Jatsie 05-18-2012 09:02 AM

I has a sore thwoat. :frown:

rlpw 05-19-2012 06:26 AM

*Must behave must behave*
Seems to me that sharp suits would at the leaset be scratchy.*fail*
Hope your throat gets better Jatsie!*Now only half fail*