Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   The AG Community Blog (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/17105-ag-community-blog.html)

Squinky 04-30-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo (Post 467396)
I experienced some bullying when I was a kid. Sadly, in those days, nobody really paid attention to that. To this day, I still find overbearing, insensitive people painfully unbearable to be around. I'm a relatively strong personality myself, but I do find myself fading out of the picture when someone starts getting in my face to take a stronger lead. I'm not terribly competitive.

I respect Jelena's efforts. I congratulate Merricat. I hug Squinky.

I wish humans were just a little bit less like pack animals in social situations.

Me too. And thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merricat (Post 467406)
The people who bullied you likely peaked at seventeen and now lead dreary lives that are spectacularly alike.

All the stories I'm hearing about people getting married and pregnant at twenty seem to confirm that. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSH (Post 467414)
...Suzuki piano classes...

Your daughters are going to be terrible sight readers, but great at picking things up by ear. I say this from personal experience.

Jelena 04-30-2008 03:36 PM

@SSH
Thanks for enlightening me on how homeschooling works for your girls. :) I'm neither pro or against it (in case you felt some criticism in my previous post). I believe that each family find the best solution for their children.

Lee in Limbo 05-01-2008 12:41 PM

Dear Aggie

Today I went downtown and filed taxes for 2007 for my business. I owe over 2K. I'm also in debt for almost 6K to Visa. It's tiring thinking about it. I won't be able to pay the rent until tomorrow. I've run out of one of my medications, and won't be able to get it filled again until Monday earliest, owing to my psychiatrist's shrinking business hours.

I have progression raids with my WoW guild tomorrow night (Karazhan) and Sunday night (Zul'Aman), but I'm not 100% in the mood to raid right now. It's a good guild, but we're experiencing growing pains, and it's starting to feel like work. The guild has been functioning for perhaps a month, and I'm already thinking I need a break. Problem there is, things are starting to get a tad more serious than I want, and the opportunity to step back from my duties for a short break may already have passed. The raiders are getting antsy to get moving (1-day Kara clear scheduled tomorrow, Zul'Aman runs planned for once a week, heading for Gruul's Lair and other 25-man content shortly), and I'm starting to wonder if this is the same guild I helped found. If I didn't have so many close friends in the guild, I'd probably already have left. However, I won't be joining any more guilds after this if I do leave. I'll just quit the game. If I can't have a guild with my friends and have a good time playing the game, then things haven't worked out to plan.

Don't get me wrong. I like the game. I'm quite sure I can continue playing so long as I get to do so with my friends. It's just getting harder to avoid playing with people who are more serious about raiding and want to go-go-go, even though they profess not to want to do hardcore raiding. We're supposed to be a casual raiding guild, but it feels like every new day brings one more serious raider or change to accomodate serious raiding.

Too much WoW talk. It has been eating up too much of my time and energy.

I haven't been able to sit in front of an AG in months. I get anxiety from not knowing what to do next. I never particularly cared for puzzle-heavy games, and it's getting harder just to focus on the kind of problem solving needed for the games I currently have installed. I load up a game, poke at it for a handful of minutes, and then shut it down again.

I have books from the library. A book on 20th Century American comic history, a hardcover Acme Novelty Library issue by Chris Ware, and a biography of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I'm not a huge fan of Petty, but I like his music well enough, and I love reading rock biographies. Problem is, I haven't been able to focus on reading much in the last while. I've started to read the comic history, but it's slow going so far. Not sure I'm as interested in some of the 'legends' they mention as others. E.C. Segar is not as important to me as Winsor McCay. And we're starting to get into guys I've never heard of nor care for. *sigh*

Still have three episodes of Torchwood and at least one episode of Doctor Who left to watch with Dawn. Maybe tonight.

I really need to work on that bloody package for work, but I just can't get into it right now. I have totally the wrong attitude, because I'm already thinking the concept is going to be rejected. I can't rip off the package concept they sent me to ape, and I can't imagine them wanting what I've got for them so far, based on the stuff they've rejected in the past.

And I've not made any significant progress on Stage! in at least a month. I've failed a dear friend and failed to realize a dream. I just haven't been able to devote more than a few minutes a day to it in weeks. I open up programmes, start working, and something comes up and drags me away. I should never have promised to do the design work with my schedule so messed up. Should have stuck to writing, which I can do relatively fast. I still want to do it, but have no idea now when it will ever see completion. Story of my life.

Okay, enough whining from me. Hope everyone is having a good day. *hugs all around*

Squinky 05-01-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo (Post 467508)
I've failed a dear friend and failed to realize a dream.

Oh come on now, don't say that. It's going to get finished, even if it won't be as quick as we'd hoped.

As for me, I'm exhausted, and it's been a long day, but needless to say, things seem to be going well.

stepurhan 05-02-2008 04:57 AM

Sounds like you're not having a great time at the moment Lee. Hope things get better for you soon.

In the meantime, maybe you should try some smaller Underground games rather than full commercial titles if you want to do a bit of AGing. I can recommend a few if you like. I beta tested Squinky's Chivalry is Not Dead (see link in her signature above) and I think that might do you quite well for a start.

Lee in Limbo 05-02-2008 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stepurhan (Post 467574)
I beta tested Squinky's Chivalry is Not Dead and I think that might do you quite well for a start.

Actually, I beta tested every version of Chivalry, including the unfinished version when she was first putting it together. But I take your point. Perhaps when I get some work done, I'll treat myself to something small.

Jazhara7 05-02-2008 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stepurhan (Post 467574)
Sounds like you're not having a great time at the moment Lee. Hope things get better for you soon.

In the meantime, maybe you should try some smaller Underground games rather than full commercial titles if you want to do a bit of AGing. I can recommend a few if you like. I beta tested Squinky's Chivalry is Not Dead (see link in her signature above) and I think that might do you quite well for a start.

I can also recommend Principles of Evil part 1 and 2. Lots of fun!

(also, the Car Breeder is cool. I love what comes out if you breed a Mini Cooper with a Lotus.)

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

tsa 05-02-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo (Post 467508)
Dear Aggie

Okay, enough whining from me. Hope everyone is having a good day. *hugs all around*

That's too bad Lee. I hope you get your life sorted out soon :(

Jazhara7 05-02-2008 12:46 PM

Dear Aggie,

Memo to myself: Tomorrow is World Naked Gardening Day.

The mind boggles.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

NOTE: Link contains tasteful nudity.

RLacey 05-02-2008 01:12 PM

Note to self? You're planning on doing some nude gardening?

Jazhara7 05-02-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey (Post 467607)
Note to self? You're planning on doing some nude gardening?

Not really. I just had to share it with the rest of you.

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SSH 05-03-2008 05:41 AM

So, how did you pay for the taxi?

Jelena 05-03-2008 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7 (Post 467601)

Just came back home from a short weekend trip and I was just about to mow the lawn, but I refuse doing it naked! *hrmpf*

EDIT: Yay, Mr J started mowing the lawn. Too bad he's not celebrating World Naked Gardening Day. I'm sure the neighbours would appreciate it. ;) :devil:

Squinky 05-03-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo (Post 467580)
Actually, I beta tested every version of Chivalry, including the unfinished version when she was first putting it together. But I take your point. Perhaps when I get some work done, I'll treat myself to something small.

I'd better hurry up on my next project, then, so you can test that too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7 (Post 467601)

Yesterday was apparently No Pants Day, so I was treated to several cute game-developing geeks prancing around in their boxer shorts at the office. This job is getting better and better!

Oh man, I really do make my life sound way more interesting than it actually is...

tsa 05-03-2008 09:48 AM

So you like your new job then, Squinky?

Hammerite 05-03-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7 (Post 467612)
Not really. I just had to share it with the rest of you.

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Share the news or the nude gardening? :):)

Squinky 05-03-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 467665)
So you like your new job then, Squinky?

So far, yes. If anything, having The Legendary Ron Gilbert™ as my boss is going to be the best learning experience possible for what I want to do with my life. And if I happen to make friends with like-minded people in the process, that'll be even better. I'll keep you all updated...

P.S. My grades came in. I passed everything, and even managed a 73% average!

Jelena 05-03-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squinky (Post 467675)

Not that I ever doubted, but still: Congratulations Squinks!
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...mpagne-4-1.jpg

tsa 05-04-2008 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squinky (Post 467675)
So far, yes. If anything, having The Legendary Ron Gilbert™ as my boss is going to be the best learning experience possible for what I want to do with my life. And if I happen to make friends with like-minded people in the process, that'll be even better. I'll keep you all updated...

Congratulations on everything Squinky!! :) :) :) :) :) :kiss:

Lee in Limbo 05-04-2008 03:26 PM

Congratulations, Deirdra. I knew you could do it. :D *hugs*