Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Atmosphere (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/15631-atmosphere.html)

Kingzjester 06-26-2006 04:35 PM

Atmosphere

Mama had a baby and his head popped off. We did all that we could to try and re-attach it. I couldn't do it so I picked it up and threw it off the building, just to see if all the children were quick enough to catch it.

Intrepid Homoludens 06-26-2006 05:55 PM

When I was kid I knew another kid who owned one of those Stretch Armstrong action figures, which were made of gel and you can pull the arms and legs as hard as you can. When a bunch of us were over at my house I borrowed Stretch Armstrong when his owner wasn't looking and ran into my sister's room and shut the door. I was curious to see if he had anything else other than his arms and legs that I could pull, so I yanked his panties off.

God, was I thoroughly disappointed that day.

Sage 06-26-2006 10:48 PM

The wind blew hard across the beach, carrying with it the salty tang of the Atlantic mingled with the rich, slightly fetid smell of low tide. Loose grains of sand appeared to run before the wind's onslaught, forming rills and patterns like those found on the bed of a fast moving stream. Where the sand was blown into the fast-shrinking tidal pools, it floated briefly on the surface giving the pools the appearance of frosted glass at their edges.
Although the sun shone brightly from the cloudless sky above, the wind was cold and relentless. The few strollers on the beach were bundled against it, with only the smallest possible areas of skin exposed as they hurriedly completed their daily seaside constitutionals, bent and uncommunicative to any passerby they might meet.
In the lee of a sand dune hollowed out by the erosion of a recent spring tide, I sat protected from the wind in a small pocket of warm still air. I watched as the sand blew over my head to land at my feet and resume it's wind-driven voyage into the bay. I saw a few stray gulls hang motionless in the wind above me, their sharp eyes ever alert for a stranded fish or stray tidbit to nibble on, but even they couldn't stand the wind for long and soon landed on the hard sand to stand one-legged and rest for a while.

MoriartyL 06-27-2006 12:06 AM

Zippity click.

Zippity click.

Zippity click.

And the winds cried out,

Zippity click.

"Let thy swords be dormant!"

Zippity click.

"How may the bird's wings fall..."

Zippity click.

Zippity click.

Zippity click.

And the earth cried out,

Zippity click.

"Let thy birds live sadly!"

Zippity click.

"But never leave the heart..."

Zippity click.

Zippity click.

Zippity click.

And the trees cried out,

Zippity clang?

"Let thy heart grow truly!"

Zippity- clang.

"And never rest the sword..."

Zippity... click.

Zippity click.

Zippity click.

Zippity click.

Litrick 06-27-2006 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC Emo Pigeonƒucker 360
Mama had a baby and his head popped off. We did all that we could to try and re-attach it. I couldn't do it so I picked it up and threw it off the building, just to see if all the children were quick enough to catch it.

atmosphere and brother ali are playing here in NZ next month.. cant wait

Fairygdmther 06-27-2006 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage
The wind blew hard across the beach, carrying with it the salty tang of the Atlantic mingled with the rich, slightly fetid smell of low tide. Loose grains of sand appeared to run before the wind's onslaught, forming rills and patterns like those found on the bed of a fast moving stream. Where the sand was blown into the fast-shrinking tidal pools, it floated briefly on the surface giving the pools the appearance of frosted glass at their edges.
Although the sun shone brightly from the cloudless sky above, the wind was cold and relentless. The few strollers on the beach were bundled against it, with only the smallest possible areas of skin exposed as they hurriedly completed their daily seaside constitutionals, bent and uncommunicative to any passerby they might meet.
In the lee of a sand dune hollowed out by the erosion of a recent spring tide, I sat protected from the wind in a small pocket of warm still air. I watched as the sand blew over my head to land at my feet and resume it's wind-driven voyage into the bay. I saw a few stray gulls hang motionless in the wind above me, their sharp eyes ever alert for a stranded fish or stray tidbit to nibble on, but even they couldn't stand the wind for long and soon landed on the hard sand to stand one-legged and rest for a while.

I have seen that view so many times - not from the lee of a sand dune, since the beach I was on didn't have dunes, but from the lee of a seawall. The only one thing that was missing from my vision and not in yours was the stray dog, running gleefully, face to the wind, soaring in exuberance at the freedom he felt, never sensing the cold. He brought smiles to the faces of the passersby, if only briefly, before they continued on their way.

Please, please, my dear friend, Scott - please make time in your life to write. The world needs to know the beauty you see, and so eloquently describe. There are so few who possess such talent.

M

MoriartyL 06-27-2006 03:43 AM

Wait- is this about something in particular? I thought we were just supposed to write atmospheric nonsense.

Fairygdmther 06-27-2006 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoriartyL
Wait- is this about something in particular? I thought we were just supposed to write atmospheric nonsense.

Mory - do you not think that Scott created an 'atmosphere' worthy of note?

M

MoriartyL 06-27-2006 03:57 AM

Who's Scott again?

Litrick 06-27-2006 04:12 AM

Quote:

Atosphere are a hip hop group, Slug the MC and Ant the DJ, they are excellent. What he originally posted are lyrics to a track of theirs...

Fairygdmther 06-27-2006 04:12 AM

Quote:

Who's Scott again?

Thrift Store Scott became Sage recently.

M

MoriartyL 06-27-2006 04:17 AM

I was kidding. I just have a problem reading things with lots of little details. When I try reading his post, my brain shuts off.

Fairygdmther 06-27-2006 04:39 AM

I understand - I'm that way with poetry - anything longer than a limerick, and it loses me. Scott's descriptions capture me, though, even though sometimes in a book, descriptions are boring. He wrote one once about a dream sequence that made you feel like you were standing beside him.

M

seebaruk 06-27-2006 04:46 AM

Wasn't Atmosphere a Russ Abbott song? What a classic.

Kingzjester 06-27-2006 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litrick
Atosphere are a hip hop group, Slug the MC and Ant the DJ, they are excellent. What he originally posted are lyrics to a track of theirs...

In general, I have it bad for Anticon and their artists. Doseone is the shits as well.

Sage 06-27-2006 06:38 AM

Oops! Space Cadet Scott strikes again! :crazy:

Jelena 06-27-2006 06:47 AM

Quote:

:) Don't worry. I also enjoyed your 'atmosphere'!
You're truly gifted in many ways.

Fairygdmther 06-27-2006 07:02 AM

Hey! glad to see you back as Kingz!

M

simpson_yellow 06-28-2006 03:59 AM

Quote:

lol. Glad you posted it though - I thought it was great. A lot like my favourite author actually.

Say, you wouldn't happen to write novels under a nom de plume about small communities that live in the coastal regions of Australia in your spare time, would you?

Kingzjester 07-24-2006 02:24 PM

Cause you know what they say about honey bears, when you shave off all their baby hairs?