Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Introduce your pets. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/15237-introduce-your-pets.html)

rlpw 01-03-2009 12:21 PM

My girls think Annabel is beautiful.
My oldest daughter used to have a similar one she called Smokey and I, growing up on a farm, called Breakfast. It disappeared from it's cage and I was accused of eating it for several years.

tsa 01-03-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlpw (Post 492015)
My girls think Annabel is beautiful.

My mother said she needed a bit more practice with her mascara! :D

Jelena 01-03-2009 05:37 PM

tsa
Annabel is sooo cute! I'm sure you'll get along wonderfully!

Jazhara7 01-04-2009 04:23 AM

Annabel is so cute, tsasie!

I'll have to post a picture of our newest bunny, Found too. We've had her for a few months now, and she's grown! :crazy:

By the way, can Annabel do this?

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

tsa 01-04-2009 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7 (Post 492063)
Annabel is so cute, tsasie!

Nobody has ever called me tsasie before! <swoons>

Quote:

I'll have to post a picture of our newest bunny, Found too. We've had her for a few months now, and she's grown! :crazy:

Yes, post a picture Jaz!

Quote:

By the way, can Annabel do this?

Not yet, but we're working on it! :D

Jazhara7 06-22-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 492068)

Yes, post a picture Jaz!

After a long wait, here finally is the picture of our newest bunny...she's grown quite a bit. :crazy:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9553/dscn6489.jpg

This is Found. And at that size, is it a wonder little Lucky has quite a bit of respect of her.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/576/dscn6490.jpg

Lucky is at most half the size of Found. We'd been joking around easter whether we shouldn't rather eat her. No one would be left hungry, and I think there would still be some left over at her size. :crazy:

By the way, I cleaned their stable two days ago. It looks so messy because they have the bad habit of pulling out the newspaper from under the bedding, and spreading it all over the stable. :(

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

tsa 06-23-2009 12:23 AM

Cool! Looks like Found is about the same size of Annabel, or a bit bigger. Both rabbits look cute! And Annabel also always pulls on the newspapers. She has her toilet outside the cage now (she came up with that herself) so her cage stays clean for a long time.

DustyShinigami 06-23-2009 06:00 AM

We adopted a new pet about 2 Sunday's ago - a baby Field Mouse, which had got seperated from it's mother and was stranded out on the patio. We called it Lucky and we've been trying to keep it alive using special mouse/rat milk. I'm surprised it survived as long as it did and it now lives in my sister's room.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/757/dscf0004dza.jpg

And then of course, our 2 Jack Russells:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7763/dscf0001srb.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/706/dscf0002v.jpg

Fantasysci5 06-23-2009 12:12 PM

Awww, Gazzoid! The last picture of your dog is adorable!!

DustyShinigami 06-23-2009 01:47 PM

Thanks. She belongs to my sister and she's always the one that gets the most attention because of how pretty and mardy she is.

Jelena 06-23-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 514216)
Awww, Gazzoid! The last picture of your dog is adorable!!

I agree. That face is adorable.

tsa 06-23-2009 07:06 PM

I really had to look for the mouse in the first picture, LOL. She's a bit smaller than the dogs :).

MikeLXXXVIII 06-24-2009 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazzoid (Post 514172)
We adopted a new pet about 2 Sunday's ago - a baby Field Mouse, which had got seperated from it's mother and was stranded out on the patio. We called it Lucky and we've been trying to keep it alive using special mouse/rat milk. I'm surprised it survived as long as it did and it now lives in my sister's room.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/757/dscf0004dza.jpg

How admirable of you to adopt a field mouse :) so sweet!
The dog is adorable too! *as animals always are*

tsa 09-19-2009 10:25 AM

http://downloads.tjerkstra.org/Jens.jpg
This is Jens, a rabbit I met in Oldenzaal, a city close to Enschede. Hopefully Annabel likes Jens as much as I do, because I want him to be her companion for the rest of their lives! Coming Tuesday I will take Annabel to Jens, and we will see how they like each other!

Jelena 09-20-2009 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 524160)
This is Jens, a rabbit I met in Oldenzaal, a city close to Enschede. Hopefully Annabel likes Jens as much as I do, because I want him to be her companion for the rest of their lives! Coming Tuesday I will take Annabel to Jens, and we will see how they like each other!

There will be plenty of rabbits in tsa's house. ;)

tsa 09-20-2009 07:23 AM

Jens has lost a few esential parts for that Jelena.

Jazhara7 09-20-2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 524220)
Jens has lost a few esential parts for that Jelena.

You mean you took away his book on animal husbandry. You are so mean tsasie!

- ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

tsa 09-20-2009 09:45 AM

Yeah, I need only two rabbits for Christmas.

;) ;) ;)

bulldog 09-20-2009 10:57 AM

good luck :) I love the pic :D

Fantasysci5 09-20-2009 01:44 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Hey all. I'm sorry in advance for the amount of pictures I'm going to post, but I have the need to introduce my pets.

First and foremost, is my kittie, Max. He's my everything, almost as much as Louie or my adventure games. I can't express how much I care about him. He's very old, over 18 years, so I'm actually quite scared he may die soon, and I won't be there. I miss him so much at college. He was a "porch kittie" before we got him, and I've had him most of my life. I named him. He's very skittish around people, and yet me and him have a bond nobody else can duplicate. He is very unnaturally skinny, to the point where I can feel his ribs, since when my dad feeds the cats, he goes running in fear. :frown: He's comforted me many times when I've been really depressed, without me having to grab him and make him cuddle. :P He's very special to me. He has a very high pitched squeek, so when people go to pet him, it seriously does sound like he's in pain-scared out of his mind, even when he's not. I love my Max.

The 2nd picture is Max again, on the left, this time with his lovely yellow eyes open. The fat one on the right is Harley. I got him from my friend who was moving away and couldn't bring him. He's such a tease; I love cats that will cuddle, but he'll jump on my lap for about a minute, then jump off. I'm not as fond of him as I am with Max, because Max will stay on my lap for hours.

The 3rd picture is another one of Harley awake.

The 4th picture is Max's deceased brother, Goofy-also named by me. We didn't really get along. When I was younger, I used to err, "torture" the cats, holding them when they didn't want to cuddle. But I never touched Goofy, and he still hated me. He'd go for my feet when I was walking by. But he was a pretty trenquil cat, who always sat on my Mom's lap. I knew when he was reaching the end, because he actually came to cuddle on my lap while I was watching a movie. By the end, his fur was damp on his skin and he was getting yellow, and it was a sad sight. He used to be "top cat", but now Max is. I actually miss Goofy a lot. Just looking at his picture, he looks to have an air of authority and grace, kind of reminding me of how aloof Sherlock Holmes was.

Speaking of deceased, the 5th picture is my now-dead bird, Tweety. I miss him, and I've had him almost as long as Max. But Tweety's been gone for quite some time. I really miss having a bird. He was the first bird I got, along with a green one; and once that green one died, I bought another, and he still died before Tweety did. I was the one who found him, face down at the bottom of the cage. That image still haunts me today, but I miss him. When I get my own apartment (if they allow pets), I'm going to get a bird. As you can see from the mirror next to him, he loved to "feed" the other bird in the mirror (himself). I guess he thought that it was another bird, so he's bring up his seed, and smear it on the mirror. Kind of sweet, actually.

Okay, I think that's it. Sorry for the length of this post. I just wanted to share.

Fantasysci5 09-20-2009 01:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ah. There's a limit of 5 pictures to attach. :P

Okay; last one.

The last picture is of our dog, Shadow. She's a girl (the rest were male). I've never really been close with Shadow, but I like her. She's awfully skinny now, too, and she's been around almost as long as Max. She likes being petted.

Speaking of my animals, it's got me really meloncoly. I really miss Max, and I hope he doesn't die before I can come home again. :frown:

tsa 09-20-2009 02:01 PM

Beautiful pets Fantasie! Thank you for sharing.
Before Annabel I had a goldfish. I had her/him for, I think, 7 years or so before she died. I started a long thread about that back then.

Fantasysci5 09-20-2009 04:24 PM

Aww, I'm sorry tsa. To have a pet that long must have made you really close to him/her. You didn't know which it was? What did you name it, then?

tsa 09-20-2009 09:02 PM

I don't know which it was, no. You can't see that with goldfish. I called it Fish (Vis in Dutch), or Vissevis (Fishyfish in English). My mother made a beautiful painting of it that now hangs above my dining table:
http://gerda.tjerkstra.org/files/page0-1000-thumb.jpg http://gerda.tjerkstra.org/files/page0-1001-thumb.jpg
It actually are two paintings, so you can hang them the other way around so it looks like the fish is following another fish.
Blatant plug: more of my mother's stuff here.

Fantasysci5 09-21-2009 07:20 AM

Wow, that's a gorgeous painting, tsa!

And after bringing up my pets, I had this dream that I had a bird again that I was keeping meticulous care of, and we were declawing one of my cats, etc. :P

tsa 09-21-2009 07:37 AM

Oh juch, declawing cats is mean!

bulldog 09-21-2009 12:49 PM

Fantsy- Love the animals.......... I love the kitties....... oh and the dog too :D

tsa- love the painting :D Your mom soes beautiful work :D

tsa 09-22-2009 10:43 AM

Today was the big day for Annabel and Jens. I took Annabel to the rabbit shelter, and she and Jens were put together in one large area that was specially made for 'coupling' as they called it. Everything seemed to go OK with the two rabbits. There was no fighting, and they were both interested in each other. So I took them both home in the car and put them on the floor.
For about 1.5 hours they walked around a bit. Annabel was clearly scared of Jens. She would come to him, touch her nose to his, and run away as fast as she could. Eventually they both layed down, as far apart form each other as possible. Well, actually Jens was OK with everything that happened to him; it was Annabel who kept her distance.
After a while I wanted to go to the supermarket, so I put both rabbits in Annabel's cage. Annabel didn't like that at all! She was so scared of Jens, who just wanted to get to know her, that she grunted loudly at him and used her paws on him. Fur flew in every direction. I opened the cage again and Annabel shot out of it like a bullet. She didn't know how fast she had to hide under the couch.
Now I had Annabel scared under the couch and Jens streched out lazily in her cage. That was an undesirable situation. So I made a makeshift cage for Jens, and made sure Annabel could get into her cage again.
This evening I brough Jens back. The poor guy. He is a very sweet rabbit, much easier to handle than Annabel. I hope he finds a new owner soon.

Jelena 09-22-2009 11:17 AM

Won't you consider having Jens in a cage of his own? Maybe Annabel gets more comfortable with another rabbit around in time.

tsa 09-22-2009 11:57 AM

Using two cages should not be necessary according to the people who work in the shelter. Maybe I will try Annabel and another male in a month or so.

bulldog 09-22-2009 12:41 PM

awww..... tsa Im so sorry that Annabel's love intrest didn't work out......:frown: l had very high hopes for her........ oh I do hope you try another male and I hope she falls madly in love :9~

Fantasysci5 09-22-2009 04:19 PM

Aww, I'm sorry it didn't work out, tsa. Jens seemed pretty cool and laid-back.

tsa 09-22-2009 09:00 PM

He certainly was laid-back. He pretty much didn't mind anything that happened to him. He was well brought-up too: he came when I called him (twice!), and he seemed to know his name.

tsa 10-03-2009 12:12 PM

Today I went to the animal shelter again. This is Kees (pronounce 'case'):
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3459/...634db142_m.jpg

Kees is an ex-male, en only 4.5 months old. He's been castrated a week ago, which means he can still impregnate Annabel during the coming week. Therefore I borrowed an extra cage from the shelter and I will keep Annabel and Kees separated for the coming 1.5 week. This gives them the time to get used to each other more slowly before I put them together. They are quite interested in each other:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3506/...33a11323_m.jpg
Annabel has licked Kees already (but she also has scratched him with her paws), and Kees makes little 'gn gn' noises to show her he likes her.

Jelena 10-03-2009 12:16 PM

They look adorable together! :)

tsa 10-03-2009 12:23 PM

They do, don't they? Kees feels like a sack of bones when you pick him up. He won't when I am ready with him! He has to eat and run for a living! :)

Fantasysci5 10-03-2009 12:30 PM

Aww, they look so cute together, tsa! I'm glad she likes him!

tsa 10-03-2009 12:33 PM

Yeah it's so different from Jens! Annabel keeps coming back to Kees, and they touch noses and Kees goes 'gn gn..' It looks good!

tsa 10-04-2009 03:55 AM

This morning I had both of them together out of the cage. They quickly hid behind a speaker box, and Kees tried to impregnate Annabel's head :). When he got off her I pushed him to the ground gently so he could not correct his mistake, while Annabel rolled around on the floor in enjoyment.
I now have the two cages as close together as possible. They sure enjoy each other's company! The only thing that worries me a bit is that Kees doesn't eat his food. He does eat straw, and he drinks, so he will be OK, but I'd like to see him eat his other food too. He does eat the green leaves I just gave him, so he won't starve.

Jelena 10-04-2009 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 525479)
The only thing that worries me a bit is that Kees doesn't eat his food. He does eat straw, and he drinks, so he will be OK, but I'd like to see him eat his other food too. He does eat the green leaves I just gave him, so he won't starve.

I think he's got other concerns, like a hot bunny in the cage next door. ;)