Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   I'm Sick of All This Sheight (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/14396-im-sick-all-sheight.html)

SakSquash 04-15-2006 11:34 PM

I'm Sick of All This Sheight

I think it's time SJH came back.

Intrepid Homoludens 04-15-2006 11:37 PM

He's too busy with his life.

Lucien21 04-15-2006 11:37 PM

Go post a comment on his Blog then

SoccerDude28 04-15-2006 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SakSquash
I think it's time SJH came back.

You can always go to Moscow to visit him ;)

SakSquash 04-16-2006 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucien21
Go post a comment on his Blog then

No way! You do it!

Spiwak 04-16-2006 06:52 AM

I wasn't even aware he left.

Karmillo 04-16-2006 07:11 AM

He has a blog?

NcroManiac 04-16-2006 07:12 AM

He has an internet conection, and he's not wisiting us? :frown:

Intrepid Homoludens 04-16-2006 07:15 AM

:) Like I said, he's too busy. He's got work projects, writing projects, and other stuff.

Sage 04-16-2006 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
He's too busy with his life.

Then he needs to get back here and post some photos of this alleged "life".

Lucien21 04-16-2006 07:27 AM

He's had enough time to post at JA+ a few times recently

:P

saucyminx 04-16-2006 01:52 PM

Hi guys.

I should probably have come in here a lot earlier and told you guys. Ben (aka SJH) has been ill. He just had a sudden surgery last week. It started with his stomach cramp in the middle of the night which escalated to early morning. He had a callout doctor who came over to examine him, who then adviced him to check in to a hospital immediately. That was when he was told he needed to do an operation ASAP to remove a cyst. The whole event scared the hell out of both of us. It had been a very difficult and emotional week for the both of us, what's with the distance between the two of us, so it's quite hard for me to give him my full support. I couldn't even call him, as the bloody Russian line had put some kind of a block on my phone. He's all right now, although he does suffer from the usual pain, post-surgery and is now resting at home.

I am quite happy that there are some of you who are still thinking of him. Thank you.

Jelena 04-16-2006 01:57 PM

I´m sorry to hear he´s been ill and I understand it´s difficult for you to be so far away from him. All the best to the both of you!/Lena

Melanie68 04-16-2006 02:02 PM

Mira, I'm so sorry to hear that but glad he's made some progress. Tell him I say HI and hope he's feeling better. I'll be thinking of him. :)

SakSquash 04-16-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mira
Hi guys.

I should probably have come in here a lot earlier and told you guys. Ben (aka SJH) has been ill. He just had a sudden surgery last week. It started with his stomach cramp in the middle of the night which escalated to early morning. He had a callout doctor who came over to examine him, who then adviced him to check in to a hospital immediately. That was when he was told he needed to do an operation ASAP to remove a cyst. The whole event scared the hell out of both of us. It had been a very difficult and emotional week for the both of us, what's with the distance between the two of us, so it's quite hard for me to give him my full support. I couldn't even call him, as the bloody Russian line had put some kind of a block on my phone. He's all right now, although he does suffer from the usual pain, post-surgery and is now resting at home.

I am quite happy that there are some of you who are still thinking of him. Thank you.

Tell him to stop being such a pussy and to get on Live and play me at something!

Sage 04-16-2006 05:28 PM

Quote:

Hi guys.

That only makes sense. He's been complaining of stomach pain and digestive problems for several months. Perhaps the growing cyst was the cause of these problems and he'll feel much better now that it's removed.

Quote:

Of course we are. Some of us miss him terribly. :frown:

Intrepid Homoludens 04-16-2006 07:05 PM

:) Thanks, Mira. Tell squaresie I miss him and wish him well. He'll be fine, as long as he's well taken care of and gets a lot of much needed R&R. PM me his address so I can send him a tacky 'Get Well' postcard from L.A. (I'll send one to you one as well).

SakSquash 04-16-2006 07:21 PM

Mira, my gamer tag is FirstMateSmee. Tell your "man" if he doesn't add me soon, i'm comming over to punch him in his wussy stomach scar.

Spiwak 04-16-2006 07:58 PM

Classy.

Good luck to you and SJH, Mira!

SakSquash 04-16-2006 10:12 PM

I'm all sorts of class.

:P

Tell him to get well soon also.

saucyminx 04-16-2006 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SakSquash
Mira, my gamer tag is FirstMateSmee. Tell your "man" if he doesn't add me soon, i'm comming over to punch him in his wussy stomach scar.

LMAO and that's why we love you. :D

SakSquash 04-16-2006 11:11 PM

Well it's a crime he hasn't added me already! Is it because I used to Pwn him at Battlefield 2?

Lucien21 04-16-2006 11:46 PM

Sorry to hear about Ben's surgery.

GET WELL SOON BEN

SCRUGAtes13 04-17-2006 03:22 AM

Get well soon buscemi, tell him... tell him ol' scrugsie said that for... for me please...

;(

;(

:\

squarejawhero 04-17-2006 04:33 AM

Hey,

Mira forwarded me this thread yesterday... just wanted to say thanks for the kind words. I'm still in pain from my op but it's getting better - nothing serious, but it is annoying the crap outta me.

My gamertag is Squarejawhero, Temps! Hit me up. Got COD2, PGR3, Burnout and DOA4. :) Would be cool to play, seeing as it's all I'm doing atm! Trep, I heard about your pops... sorry to hear about that. Stay in touch, ok? I want to know how your new life is going! The rest of you take care... :D

Again, sorry I've decided to nix hanging around AG'ers. I've popped into JA+ a couple of times to catch up on the Adventure Game news, but I've decided to put effort into other things for the moment and am not sure if I'm going to come back.

I know there was rumour that the ONLY reason that I left is an argument with Jackal or another mod, which is 100% bullshit - its a number of things that I don't want to get into. I know if I spoke to Jackal if we disagreed on anything we'd sort it out... Put it down to a culmination of stuff I'm not happy about by sticking to one single aspect of the gaming world and some general frustration with myself by not concentrating on other interests which mean a lot more to me.

You guys are the coolest and this OT forum has a special place in my heart. Nice to see the thread hasn't died yet, btw. ;)

Take care,

Ben

insane_cobra 04-17-2006 04:46 AM

Great to hear from you, old chap, and we do miss you.

Alas, I see you're still going through some post-op delusions. You don't need real life, come on! :D

Seriously, good luck with whatever you plan on doing with your life.

Fairygdmther 04-17-2006 08:16 AM

SJH - hope to see you back on your feet soon, and HERE, not at that adv site across town! You know, you could come see us once a month or so, and just check in here? We all miss you, and your lovely "significant other".

Lynsie

seebaruk 04-18-2006 12:33 AM

Hope you feel better soon matey, a beer or two and you'll be sorted ;)

saucyminx 04-18-2006 12:40 AM

No no no!!! NO BEER for him!!! *frowns at seebaruk*

seebaruk 04-18-2006 12:43 AM

Aw come on, the poor guys ill, a beer will cheer him up!

Hammerite 04-18-2006 02:13 AM

what about lager, lager, lager, lager shouting

Dasilva 04-18-2006 02:18 AM

Cider? :D

seebaruk 04-18-2006 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasilva

:r Whenever I think of cider, I think of that White Lightning or whatever its called. Damn that stuffs rank, only use for it is as a cheap drain cleaner.

Jazhara7 04-18-2006 03:50 AM

Get well soon, Squaresie! We miss you here. But also take time to pursue other interests, read a good book, take a walk by the sea (okay, that last one is probably not the best idea right now. :P ), enjoy life.

You'll be welcome when you return, and we'll remember you as long as the 'Thread must die!'-Thread (usually referred to, in hushed, ominous voices as 'The Thread') lives. And so far there's no end to be foreseen for it. ;)

Now, there's some other people who want to send you their best wishes.

"Hello Mr. Squarejawsir. I wish you a fast recovery, and want to send you one of the most comfortable pillows from my hoard to help in that. *pushes pillow against screen* ... Well, it's the thought that counts, isn't it?"

It's okay Iggy.

>>Hey, I don't know if you know or remember me. I'm Jazhara666, the evil twin sister of the big nutcase that - I have to hand her that - *does* indeed rule over this planet. Anyway, I have no fight with you, so I might as well wish you a fast recovery too. *looks around* What are you all looking at like that for?!<<

Well, you're...how should I best put it? If I didn't know it better, I'd say you were trying to be *nice* just then.

"I think she's planning something, Mommy..."

***Graaarg? Gguaaagguuarrraaagggja jaagrruuuurrrrgarr reeaggg geaagraaa.***

>>What did he say?<<

Iggy?

"He said: 'Either that, or Miss Jazhara666 has been replaced with a double by some devious society of aliens.'"

>>Heh, I might just be planning something. *grins* No, seriously, just because I'm evil doesn't mean I can't be polite once in a while. Being evil and being rude are two entirely different things.<<

Hmm...Okay, I guess we'll believe you...

>>*makes the gesture meaning yes/success*<<

...but we won't let our guard down.

>>Hey, just testing.<<

Now, next is Mister Grue. Go ahead, Mr. Grue.

***Grraagrragggarrjjjaw, gartrrraghojj rraggajjaaghhtllha grrreeeerrrreeejjajklllnaaaaaggg. Graaaggreeegggjjjhaaayyyh yaggreiijjyaaghd. Garrahgggaa! *empties glass* ***

"Don't bother, I know the drill. Mr. Grue said: 'Squarejaw old chap, I hope you get well soon and give us the honour of your presence again. You're a good man, and I think nobody would want to miss your contributions to this community. Bottoms up!'"

Where did he get that whiskey from anyway?

"I have no idea. I don't think his age would be any problem, after all he's older than you."

True. I imagine that his imposing appearance with teeth and all would cause some trouble when dealing with the cashier...

"Well, he managed somehow. And he doesn't show any of the signs of having had a fall back, so I see no cause why we should question where he got it from."

True.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Jazhara7 04-18-2006 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasilva

British or American? There's a difference, as my Bard from the SteelsingsRPG can tell you. You don't forget the importance of the difference if you don't take alcohol well, and chose the wrong cider.

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ninth 04-18-2006 03:56 AM

Get well soon, SJH. :)

jjacob 04-18-2006 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite
what about lager, lager, lager, lager shouting

I love Underworld, I've got 2 of their albums on 12" :D They really get a crowd going at parties :P

Karmillo 04-18-2006 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7
British or American? There's a difference, as my Bard from the SteelsingsRPG can tell you. You don't forget the importance of the difference if you don't take alcohol well, and chose the wrong cider.

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

What about Irish?

seebaruk 04-19-2006 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjacob
I love Underworld, I've got 2 of their albums on 12" :D They really get a crowd going at parties :P

They're good alright, I'm not a huge fan of dance music but the likes of Underworld and Faithless always get me going.

Rayvielle 04-21-2006 02:39 PM

Yeh and you can perv over Kate Beckingsale. :)

Get well soon dude.