Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Looking for new sounds to headbang to (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/13332-looking-new-sounds-headbang.html)

saucyminx 02-15-2006 10:24 AM

Looking for new sounds to headbang to

I'm bored. And I wanna try check out new songs. Just to give you guys a rough idea what I like to listen to, I keep replaying Linkin Park - both Meteora and Hybrid Theory, Limp Bizkit's Chocolate Starfish and Hot Dog Flavored Water, System of a Down, a couple of Matthew Good Band tracks, Marilyn Manson, SUM 41, Static-X, Nine Inch Nails, Evanescence (which I've got bored with).

I've tried My Chemical Romance, but not really into it. Used to listen to Creed, but got a little tired. Seether is ok. Fort Minor doesn't really grab me. Any suggestions that I should try out?

p/s: I'm not a big fan of hip hop, so don't give me those. And no pop, either.

Dasilva 02-15-2006 10:30 AM

Red House Painters?

saucyminx 02-15-2006 10:33 AM

Front man looks cute. What kind of music is it?

squarejawhero 02-15-2006 10:37 AM

Can't help you on this front. What's wrong with asking me?

Sting not hard enough for ya?

I'd actually go out on a limb and recommend the new Nine Inch Nails album, the last album by Doves, Feeder (album before last), The Go Team, Incubus (keep meaning to get an album of theirs) and Maximo Park (hyperkinetic crazy shiznit old skool).

Dasilva 02-15-2006 10:38 AM

I'm very much a My Chem person really, system of the down is okay, I love the zelda song. lol.

Red House Painters is a cross between My Chem and System of the down.

Do you have all the System of the Down albums?

Dale Baldwin 02-15-2006 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasilva
system of the down is okay, I love the zelda song. lol.

The Zelda song was not done by SOAD.

saucyminx 02-15-2006 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squarejawhero
What's wrong with asking me?

Nothing wrong, sweetie. Just interested in seeing what the majority has to contribute :)

@ DaSilva: Just that one album of theirs - Toxicity.

squarejawhero 02-15-2006 10:49 AM

You guys should listen to some real heavy stuff. This stuff is for pretenders! :P

Dasilva 02-15-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin
The Zelda song was not done by SOAD.

Strange, the track I had said System of The Down.

Dasilva 02-15-2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squarejawhero
You guys should listen to some real heavy stuff. This stuff is for pretenders! :P

So whats real then? :P

Dale Baldwin 02-15-2006 11:00 AM

Quote:

Strange, the track I had said System of The Down.

That's what you get for downloading strange files ;)
(http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00022/)

saucyminx 02-15-2006 11:01 AM

:shifty: @ SJH

Let him have his fun. He seems to have this idea that his girl is into fluffy bunny things.

:D:D:D

Dasilva 02-15-2006 11:05 AM

If you like System of the Down you should get the other albums. I have the first one called ''System of the Down'', theres toxicity and another one.

Do you like the Killers?

RLacey 02-15-2006 11:07 AM

Pah! Romantic and 20th Century choral music is where it's at!

I'll get my coat...

Kolzig 02-15-2006 11:09 AM

Quote:

So whats real then? :P

Diablo and Amorphis. :)

Also Finnish sung Thrash Metal Mokoma. :)

squarejawhero 02-15-2006 11:10 AM

I think the Killers are ace. Takes me back to Duran Duran... although Mira's had her fill of Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine now. I played it to death, love the baseline.

Wot no Sepultura, Fear Factory or Machinehead being mentioned? :D OK, probably too hardcore. Deicide? :P

saucyminx 02-15-2006 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
Pah! Romantic and 20th Century choral music is where it's at!

I'll get my coat...

Excuse me, I am cultured. I had classical piano training and like every other Asian kid, I was forced to attend violin lessons, and I do enjoy listening to some Mozart, Tchaikovsky and Bach. *frosty stare at RLacey*

;)

But I really feel the need for some good, loud, metal romping music right now.

@DaSilva: My sister has "Steal This Album". I'm kicking myself right now for not making a copy of it to take with me.

Dasilva 02-15-2006 11:19 AM

My Chem is under the Emo label isent it?

squarejawhero 02-15-2006 11:22 AM

Clawfinger. Anyone remember them?

edit - been talking to Mira... she says stuff more like Slipknot etc. Only less crap. :D Korn started it and they did much better too.

Dog Eat Dog were fun.

squarejawhero 02-15-2006 11:26 AM

Rancid; Out Come The Wolves... Scream Trees; Dust ... Faith No More; Epic (what? I preferred their true heavy metal period lol)... I had a Paw album I rather liked long ago...