Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Cat person? Dog person? Or both? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/12840-cat-person-dog-person-both.html)

Jazhara7 01-18-2006 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mira
Cat cat cat! Miaow miaow miaow! Me me me!

So does that make you a Russian Purple?

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

RLacey 01-18-2006 08:33 AM

Mira's avatar hair colour is right. Shame about the one eye, though. ;)

saucyminx 01-18-2006 09:05 AM

*:D @ Jazhara*

@ RLacey: Yeah, that's why I missed the Rosetta Stone in the first place.

Sage 01-18-2006 09:42 PM

Cats, dogs, horses, men...anything furry that enjoys my company and doesn't make a mess is okay with me.

Intrepid Homoludens 01-18-2006 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Cats, dogs, horses, men...anything furry that enjoys my company and doesn't make a mess is okay with me.

< slips on his hairy little monkey suit and starts cooking a pot of Thai Tom Kha with chicken>

Melanie68 01-18-2006 09:51 PM

The monkey suit is fine. Just don't start flinging your poop. :D

Sage 01-18-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
< slips on his hairy little monkey suit and starts cooking a pot of Thai Tom Kha with chicken>

MMMmmmmmm! :9

seebaruk 01-19-2006 02:37 AM

I always wanted one of those cool little hairy things that the kid has in Flight of the Navigator.

Tobbe 01-19-2006 06:56 AM

I´m a BIG animal lover, I grew up with animals, we had chickens, gooses, dog, cat´s, goat, rabbits..And where I lived there weren´t many kids my age, so the animals were my friends, I guess it´s because that I love animals so much now..And in two weeks our family is gettÃ*ng a dog-puppy!! And it´s so darn cute, can´t wait!! :)

Jazhara7 01-19-2006 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t_manelius
I´m a BIG animal lover, I grew up with animals, we had chickens, gooses, dog, cat´s, goat, rabbits..And where I lived there weren´t many kids my age, so the animals were my friends, I guess it´s because that I love animals so much now..And in two weeks our family is gettÃ*ng a dog-puppy!! And it´s so darn cute, can´t wait!! :)

Sorry, but this is the Grammar Nazi in me speaking. The plural of "Goose" is "Geese". And you get one bonus correction: The plural of "Sheep" is "Sheep".

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Gordon Bennett 02-15-2006 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7
Only if the 'dog' is called Angua.

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Not a problem, we just throw her a Carrot.

MoriartyL 02-15-2006 09:18 AM

I like both, but definitely cats more. Dogs are really stupid, which makes them sort of adorable. But cats are not only adorable, but smart and independent as well.

In our house, we have both a dog and a cat, roughly the same age. The dog demands constant attention- she's always barking to be let out in the back yard, then five minutes later barking to be let back in, then barking to be played with, then barking at any nearby outdoor cats (who actually like her a lot) who've found food (because she wants the food herself), then despite all the attention sitting on the good furniture and eating the cat's food. We need to walk her every few hours, we need to constantly watch to ensure she's not misbehaving, etc.

Our cat is the other extreme. If he needs something but there's no one around, he won't start meowing endlessly- he'll just wait patiently. Once I came downstairs and found him eating the dog food (which doesn't taste as good), apparently because the dog had eaten all his food, he was hungry, and there was no one around. He doesn't make trouble if we let him out on his own. All in all, I like our cat better.

Jolaes 02-15-2006 10:50 AM

A cat is a great survivor indeed and pretty intelligent at that.
Unfortunately, you can train only its larger feline kins to protect your hide (as well) like a dog can; but a cool looking black panther or snowtiger is illegal to keep as a watch/guard "dog" (with us at least)...

Jatsie 02-15-2006 11:53 AM

I'm allergic to both.

I'm not really an animal person anyway. "You see a box of puppies, I see Korean barbecue!" :devil:

playing_games 02-15-2006 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jat316sob
I'm allergic to both.

I'm not really an animal person anyway. "You see a box of puppies, I see Korean barbecue!" :devil:

*sighs* Not very funny. Read this article if you want know how many dogs are treated now in Korea.

http://times.hankooki.com/cgi-bin/hk...o=print_kt.htm

Jatsie 02-15-2006 12:34 PM

Don't blame me, blame Lisa Kudrow, I was merely quoting from "The Comeback"

Stoofa 02-15-2006 01:04 PM

I love cats and dogs, but I don't think I could take care of a dog all by myself. I'm too lazy to take a dog on two walks a day and I'd feel guilty if I didn't.

I have two cats who don't act like cats. I thought cats were supposed to be independant and aloof? Mine are 15 now and more clingy than ever. I have to lock the bathroom door if I don't want them trying to get into the shower with me. When I use the computer one of them literally hangs on my right arm and I have to shake him off every five minutes. :frusty:

Sage 02-15-2006 01:14 PM

That's because they love their Mommy. ;)

seebaruk 02-19-2006 03:31 PM

Shaking your right arm while you surf the net? Nggggnnn....restraining self...won't make...dirty joke....