Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   My ever-so-dear Adventure Gamers... (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/12596-my-ever-so-dear-adventure-gamers.html)

Kingzjester 01-02-2006 10:23 PM

My ever-so-dear Adventure Gamers...

... I hate love you all.

Now, with that in mind hustle over to the Industrial Complex, a new web comic that promises to be really good, if for no other reason, because it is being made by yours truly and company.

Bookmark it.

Then come back next Sunday.

It is like those fine rubber boats I was peddling a year and a half ago, only less paddling and more awesome.

Aj_ 01-02-2006 10:39 PM

The site design is awesome(awwwwsssooommmeeee), but the comic reminds me too much of 8-bit theater, was my favourite comic, until it started getting like yours (sorry!). Keep it up though, it's not like I did better(although the co-creator was teh bomb). Also, I have no taste. *bye*

Kingzjester 01-02-2006 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aj_
The site design is awesome(awwwwsssooommmeeee), but the comic reminds me too much of 8-bit theater, was my favourite comic, until it started getting like yours (sorry!). Keep it up though, it's not like I did better(although the co-creator was teh bomb). Also, I have no taste. *bye*

What... uh... what does that mean exactly?

Aj_ 01-02-2006 10:51 PM

8-Bit theater
It's amazingly popular, but I didn't like the self-referencing going somewhere after episode 400.

I helped create a few comics, they were rubbish(on my part), and I have no taste.

Slightly more coherent post.

tabacco 01-02-2006 10:58 PM

Argh! that ugly guy on the left of the logo is creeping me out ;)

Kingzjester 01-02-2006 11:22 PM

Me too. I insisted we get body doubles, but the good doctor would have none of it. :shifty:

eriq 01-03-2006 12:53 AM

This is a little too twisted and deep for my frazzled brain to comprehend this time of night but damn is that site pretty. Great work. And the illustrations are a breath of fresh air! Very unique! I love it.

Ninth 01-03-2006 04:31 AM

I like the style.

Dasilva 01-03-2006 04:58 AM

Very VERY stylish. Great work!

Starflux 01-03-2006 07:22 AM

Good to see the Industrial Complex online.

Of course you'll never catch up with August.

Kingzjester 01-03-2006 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flux

Catch up in terms of what? Number of strips? Breadth of readership? Raw incoherence?

Tanukitsune 01-03-2006 09:47 AM

Well, it's still a hatchling of a webcomic, but I like what I see so far...:D

eriq 01-03-2006 10:23 AM

Quote:

I like the styling of your comic. It's cool how you have the ABOUT page that introduces your characters. Helpful.

Melanie68 01-03-2006 12:14 PM

I love Herzog's nose ring and his attitude.:7 He'll be an interesting one to follow.

Who drew the various anatomical parts for the page? Incredible detail in those (especially the femurs). :)

Maquisard 01-03-2006 03:30 PM

Fun stuff

Starflux 01-04-2006 04:15 AM

Why thank you Eriq. Wait until the long-awaited new website goes online in a few months and you'll see even more user-friendliness and awesomeness going on there.

Kingsley, I meant comic pages, but rubber lifeboats will do fine as well. And with the new website I'll be fully prepared to deal with this new threat. Though for now, I'll pretend bonhomie to lull you into the clichéd false sense of security. If you'd just step over here, that'd be just great.

Wormsie 01-04-2006 10:08 AM

Quote:

Wait until the long-awaited new website goes online in a few months and you'll see even more user-friendliness and awesomeness going on there.

Make sure it doesn't have a huge header graph so that that the comic fits into the browser window without having to scroll down on 1600*1200 resolution.

Please? http://www.herzogthevile.com/forum/i...5innocent2.gif

Anyway, we should be talking about Herzog the Vile.

Mattsius 01-04-2006 12:10 PM

Fooking awesome looking site! Oh, and the comics are decent also.

:P

RLacey 01-04-2006 12:30 PM

I like it :).

Kingzjester 01-04-2006 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
I like it :).

That is quite natural.

All you kind people will be coming back and partaking in the wonders of the comic, every weekend, right on the dot.

Starflux 01-04-2006 01:09 PM

Alright, you can have the sundays, but the saturdays and wednesdays stay mine!

But really, I don't think a lot of people will have problems with visiting every sunday. There's clearly a vast amount of love poured into the website and comic. I've already directed my girlfriend to it, who loves creative outings as this.

Fairygdmther 01-04-2006 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingzjester
That is quite natural.

All you kind people will be coming back and partaking in the wonders of the comic, every weekend, right on the dot.

Aye, Aye, Captain!

Lynsie

Kingzjester 01-15-2006 11:37 AM

Hey gents, just wanted to remind you that two weeks later, the comic is still up, going strong.

Also, for a limited time only (while we're still working on the store kinks) we will be giving away a gourmet, hand-made-by-the-kind-people-behind-the-Seditious-Industrial-Complex, awesome seditious logo t-shirt to a random someone who registers for the forums. The winner will be picked when the store goes up.

Rayvielle 01-15-2006 11:48 AM

Nice work fellas. The artwork is superb, and I'm very much appreciative of the humor. The comic tells me you're both having a lot of fun putting this together, and as a reader, it pulled me in all the more.

I'll keep checking back with it, as I love the art direction, and our "hero" is quite the character. :D

If you haven't checked it out yet, go do so.

:9~

Erwin_Br 01-16-2006 01:10 AM

Finally! It's about time. I thought we'd never see something artistic from you again.

I love the web design, but I think I wouldn't want to look at your future bandwidth costs, as soon as you're getting lots and lots of visitors :P

The strip looks great, and I'm very curious in what direction the story will go.

--Erwin

Kingzjester 01-16-2006 07:47 AM

I should really shave off some bandwidth.

doppelganger rex 03-07-2006 10:46 AM

This industrial-complex.com is the greatest web comic ever! Don't you think so?! You know what I am going to do wnow??? Iam going to g o out there into the internetz0r and preach Herzog the Vile to the uninitiates! YES! You should too! You should, off your own voltion start vral-amrketing the site in all the forums you can stumble upon! DO it now! For the love of all that is holy, do it now!

:9 :9~

(:shifty:)

Kingzjester 03-07-2006 10:48 AM

Well, we're definitely not that desperate, but the more people read the comic, the better.

:shifty:

jjacob 03-07-2006 12:19 PM

Very nice site design and I love the drawing style of the comic, look forward to the next one :)

Jazhara7 03-07-2006 12:57 PM

Great comic. I love the combination of drawings and photography (you've done a good job in making the two look believeable together).

Just one correction from everyone's favourite Grammar Nazi (i.e.: Me!): The german on the sign. I am not sure what you meant by "Steige" - Maybe you meant "Stiege", which is an old word for Stairs, or maybe you intended to say "Ferry", which would be "Fähre". Also, it should be "Menschenreichen" (the plural is "Menschenreiche", but if you say "zu den" ["to the"], you have to add an "n" at the end. Don't ask me why, it's just something that is necessary).

Keep up the good work, the Loony Empress of the World will come back and read it for sure.

*runs and hides*

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

RLacey 03-07-2006 01:02 PM

Thanks for bumping this thread, people. I needed a reminder of this comic's existence :).

Kingzjester 03-07-2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7
The german on the sign. I am not sure what you meant by "Steige" - Maybe you meant "Stiege", which is an old word for Stairs, or maybe you intended to say "Ferry", which would be "Fähre". Also, it should be "Menschenreichen" (the plural is "Menschenreiche", but if you say "zu den" ["to the"], you have to add an "n" at the end. Don't ask me why, it's just something that is necessary).

Honestly, though I just called a friend and told him I needed an archaic phrase that roughly translates as the "Human Road" or "Road to the Human Kingdom" and then I cut and pasted what he gave me.

Jazhara7 03-07-2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingzjester
Honestly, though I just called a friend and told him I needed an archaic phrase that roughly translates as the "Human Road" or "Road to the Human Kingdom" and then I cut and pasted what he gave me.

Ah, I see. Well, don't worry. I've seen incorrect german in commercial comics (The one I bought in France, for example. "Auschwitz", about the concentration camp. It's more of a graphic novel, actually. In any case, it has some incorrect german, but it is nevertheless a great graphic novel. I think it even won some prizes.), and then there was the thing with the Killer Joke (actually, I am glad that was not real german. I wouldn't want to miss anything by Monty Python!)...

So some small german errors don't hurt. I just felt I should point it out, so that you might now. :)

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

RLacey 03-07-2006 02:54 PM

FIGHT!

Wormsie 05-28-2007 10:38 AM

So, Herzog is back.

Woohey for that, but I hope the videoblog isn't returning. :shifty: Nothing is more tiresome than having your browser crash because of a gazillion YouTube videos.

Kingzjester 05-28-2007 02:57 PM

Herzog is not quite back yet... though we're almost done redrawing some of the more offensive pages. As you may notice, the site now forwards straight to the comic page and the news page has been borked. There will really be no blog unless it is for something important or worth saying or whathaveyou.

Wormsie 05-28-2007 11:30 PM

Excellent! :tup:

Kolzig 05-29-2007 01:32 AM

Nice to hear that it's finally coming back. :)

Starflux 05-29-2007 03:42 AM

Cheers! Good to see it's coming together again! And congratulations to Daniel and Stevan for their promotions!

MC Kingsley and Dr. Cadaverous were shady figures anyway. Not to be trusted. Spoke poppycock German. Small hands.

Kolzig 05-29-2007 04:04 AM

But the old guys sold some mighty fine looking t-shirts.
I wish the *new* guys can achieve something similar or maybe even something greater. ;)