Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   Hey Adventurers :) - a question about AGDS engine (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/12824-hey-adventurers-question-about-agds-engine.html)

Dmondark 01-14-2006 11:38 AM

Hey Adventurers :) - a question about AGDS engine

Ok.. so.. this is my first post here, so I think I should say few words, and I hope I won't waste so much of your time while you read them :)

As almost all members of this forum, I'm just crazy about adventure games, and when I say adventure games I mean ALL of'm; text, VGA, point&click, 1st person, 3d, cartoonish, horror...etc. Anywayz, browsing the net for genre-related sites, I gotta say that Adventure Gamers is the (AWSOMEST) :) and most resourceful site I ever saw, I've read all of the underground features and articles, and they were just great!!!

Cutting to the chase ("oh God!!.. will you already";) ),I've been allways funded with creating a point and click game of my own, I have a minor scripting skills, moderate 3d max skills and a big passion! so I was reading around and found that NIBIRU (as well as Black Mirror) was developed using a game engine called AGDS (Advanced game development system), I looked around but didnt find anything about who sells it (such thing would not be free ofcourse), I thought maybe the company itslef created that engine from scratch for their own needs, but again, why would they give it a name ( a commercial name if you may), so.................. Can anyone of you guys lighten this matter up for me a little? is there such an engine for sell out there?

Thank you so much in advance, and sorry for the long long post!!

Best regards,
Dmondark

AFGNCAAP 01-14-2006 11:57 AM

Welcome to the best adventure site's forum, Dmondark! :D

I modified the title of the thread to make people aware that there is more to it than just the greeting. :)

Dasilva 01-14-2006 12:50 PM

Best place to look for 3D and 3D comercial and freeware adventure game engines:
http://www.ambrosine.com/resource.html

nihil 01-14-2006 01:36 PM

I guess AGDS is owned by Future Games, the developer/publisher of Black Mirror and Nibiru, so perhaps you should contact them about licensing questions ( www.futuregames.cz ).

Otherwise you could take a look at the Wintermute-Engine ( www.dead-code.org ), as it has nearly all features AGDS has, and you can use it for free for non-commercial adventures. As far as I know it's the only free adventure-engine that supports realtime 3d characters like in Nibiru at the moment.

Dmondark 01-14-2006 10:27 PM

Hey Guys,

AFGNCAAP: many thanx for the welcome, and for the correction!
Dasilva: The list is very resourceful, thank you...
nihil: I don't think I will have to contact futuregames anymore, the WME is awsome dude! :).. thanx..

sharpening my saws for the next project... here I come WME help files :D

Erwin_Br 01-16-2006 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmondark
Ok.. so.. this is my first post here, so I think I should say few words, and I hope I won't waste so much of your time while you read them :)

As almost all members of this forum, I'm just crazy about adventure games, and when I say adventure games I mean ALL of'm; text, VGA, point&click, 1st person, 3d, cartoonish, horror...etc. Anywayz, browsing the net for genre-related sites, I gotta say that Adventure Gamers is the (AWSOMEST) :) and most resourceful site I ever saw, I've read all of the underground features and articles, and they were just great!!!

Cutting to the chase ("oh God!!.. will you already";) ),I've been allways funded with creating a point and click game of my own, I have a minor scripting skills, moderate 3d max skills and a big passion! so I was reading around and found that NIBIRU (as well as Black Mirror) was developed using a game engine called AGDS (Advanced game development system), I looked around but didnt find anything about who sells it (such thing would not be free ofcourse), I thought maybe the company itslef created that engine from scratch for their own needs, but again, why would they give it a name ( a commercial name if you may), so.................. Can anyone of you guys lighten this matter up for me a little? is there such an engine for sell out there?

Thank you so much in advance, and sorry for the long long post!!

Best regards,
Dmondark

Adventure Developers has a list of engines as well. Plus a stack of more articles for you to read :)

--Erwin