You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Hey Adventurers :) - a question about AGDS engine

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2006, 11:38 AM   #1

Default Hey Adventurers :) - a question about AGDS engine

Ok.. so.. this is my first post here, so I think I should say few words, and I hope I won't waste so much of your time while you read them

As almost all members of this forum, I'm just crazy about adventure games, and when I say adventure games I mean ALL of'm; text, VGA, point&click, 1st person, 3d, cartoonish, horror...etc. Anywayz, browsing the net for genre-related sites, I gotta say that Adventure Gamers is the (AWSOMEST) and most resourceful site I ever saw, I've read all of the underground features and articles, and they were just great!!!

Cutting to the chase ("oh God!!.. will you already" ),I've been allways funded with creating a point and click game of my own, I have a minor scripting skills, moderate 3d max skills and a big passion! so I was reading around and found that NIBIRU (as well as Black Mirror) was developed using a game engine called AGDS (Advanced game development system), I looked around but didnt find anything about who sells it (such thing would not be free ofcourse), I thought maybe the company itslef created that engine from scratch for their own needs, but again, why would they give it a name ( a commercial name if you may), so.................. Can anyone of you guys lighten this matter up for me a little? is there such an engine for sell out there?

Thank you so much in advance, and sorry for the long long post!!

Best regards,
Dmondark
Old 01-14-2006, 11:57 AM   #2
Dungeon Master

Welcome to the best adventure site's forum, Dmondark!

I modified the title of the thread to make people aware that there is more to it than just the greeting.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:50 PM   #3
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Best place to look for 3D and 3D comercial and freeware adventure game engines:
http://www.ambrosine.com/resource.html

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 01-14-2006, 01:36 PM   #4

I guess AGDS is owned by Future Games, the developer/publisher of Black Mirror and Nibiru, so perhaps you should contact them about licensing questions ( www.futuregames.cz ).

Otherwise you could take a look at the Wintermute-Engine ( www.dead-code.org ), as it has nearly all features AGDS has, and you can use it for free for non-commercial adventures. As far as I know it's the only free adventure-engine that supports realtime 3d characters like in Nibiru at the moment.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:27 PM   #5

Hey Guys,

AFGNCAAP: many thanx for the welcome, and for the correction!
Dasilva: The list is very resourceful, thank you...
nihil: I don't think I will have to contact futuregames anymore, the WME is awsome dude! .. thanx..

sharpening my saws for the next project... here I come WME help files
Old 01-16-2006, 10:18 AM   #6
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmondark
Ok.. so.. this is my first post here, so I think I should say few words, and I hope I won't waste so much of your time while you read them

As almost all members of this forum, I'm just crazy about adventure games, and when I say adventure games I mean ALL of'm; text, VGA, point&click, 1st person, 3d, cartoonish, horror...etc. Anywayz, browsing the net for genre-related sites, I gotta say that Adventure Gamers is the (AWSOMEST) and most resourceful site I ever saw, I've read all of the underground features and articles, and they were just great!!!

Cutting to the chase ("oh God!!.. will you already" ),I've been allways funded with creating a point and click game of my own, I have a minor scripting skills, moderate 3d max skills and a big passion! so I was reading around and found that NIBIRU (as well as Black Mirror) was developed using a game engine called AGDS (Advanced game development system), I looked around but didnt find anything about who sells it (such thing would not be free ofcourse), I thought maybe the company itslef created that engine from scratch for their own needs, but again, why would they give it a name ( a commercial name if you may), so.................. Can anyone of you guys lighten this matter up for me a little? is there such an engine for sell out there?

Thank you so much in advance, and sorry for the long long post!!

Best regards,
Dmondark
Adventure Developers has a list of engines as well. Plus a stack of more articles for you to read

--Erwin