Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   BS3 tomorrow :) (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/859-bs3-tomorrow.html)

feisar 11-13-2003 08:20 AM

tomorrow :)

Broken Sword 3 is released in the UK tomorrow !!

also price differences:

Gameplay.com
Xbox = £34.99
PS2 = £29.99
PC = £24.99

Amazon.co.uk
Xbox = £29.99
PS2 = £25.99
PC = £22.99

Play.com
Xbox = Not Stocked
PS2 = £26.99
PC = £24.99

GAME
Xbox = Not Stocked
PS2 = £34.99
PC = £22.99

Gamestation
Xbox = £37.99
PS2 = £32.99
PC = £28.99

HMV
Xbox = £39.99
PS2 = £34.99
PC = £29.99

moral = shop around.. and also ponder what Revolution/THQ have against Xbox and GameCube owners? Can you really blame the poor sales of multiformat Xbox titles when they cost £10 more for the same game? But then £10 more is better than not at all, which is what the GameCube gets.. probably just as well because now I dont have to make the choice between buying BS3 and Mario Kart:Double Dash :D

also i think this looks way better than the box art thats being used:
http://www.play.com/covers/123274m.jpg

Stinger 11-13-2003 01:18 PM

For those who've asked, Broken Sword 3 is listing for $39.99 in the US. If anyone has any word of any sales or discounts, please let us all know about them here.

- Evan

Pappapisshu 11-13-2003 01:22 PM

I'm still looking for someone to clear things up about the swedish release date. I think it would make perfect sense if it's released tomorrow, but some swedish sites claim that it's released on the 21:st. Not a big deal, but it would be great if someone knows for certain.

On the other hand, I could actually go check the stores tomorrow. :shifty:

Also, I'd like to add: WOHOO! ;)

Intrepid Homoludens 11-13-2003 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger
For those who've asked, Broken Sword 3 is listing for $39.99 in the US.

Dammit, I completely forgot that that's the retail price, not $49.99! Wow! I'm not complaining, I'm buying it that price, no questions asked! http://smilies.crowd9.com/ups/joltbolt/posticon2.gif

Zack 11-13-2003 05:25 PM

The Price of BS3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger
For those who've asked, Broken Sword 3 is listing for $39.99 in the US. If anyone has any word of any sales or discounts, please let us all know about them here.

- Evan

To quote a line from Grim Fandango, when Manny finds about Mercedes Colormar, the perfect client for him, in the Tube Switcher room (THAT'S GOOD, THAT'S REALLY GOOD!) :devil:

$39.99 is a Very Nice price for BS3. It really does sound affordable.

doughy white 11-13-2003 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feisar
... also ponder what Revolution/THQ have against Xbox and GameCube owners? Can you really blame the poor sales of multiformat Xbox titles when they cost £10 more for the same game?

I'm utterly stunned that you guys pay less for PS2 versions. Those cost at least 30% - 60% more than PC games versions in Germany and always have. Doesn't stop kids from wanting Playstations though.

HempKnight 11-13-2003 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feisar
moral = shop around.. and also ponder what Revolution/THQ have against Xbox and GameCube owners? Can you really blame the poor sales of multiformat Xbox titles when they cost £10 more for the same game?

AFAIR, NGC and Xbox has bigger licence fee (for each game sold on console you have to pay some ammount of money for publishing the game on that console). So it's not Revolution/THQ fault.

Tanukitsune 11-13-2003 11:09 PM

The only store in my city (in Spain), says it has been delayed ANOTHER week! :frusty:
If I didn't have a reservation, I'd look for it elsewhere, the still don't have Worms 3D and I got it elsewhere over a week ago...

They "say" they have the Black Mirror, but I bet that when I go there this afternoon they'll say its been delayed...

Kolzig 11-14-2003 12:29 AM

Play.com has BS3 9th on the sales list

So people really have bought the game immediately, that's great! :)

Tamara 11-14-2003 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doughy white
I'm utterly stunned that you guys pay less for PS2 versions. Those cost at least 30% - 60% more than PC games versions in Germany and always have. Doesn't stop kids from wanting Playstations though.

uh .. in every single site feis mentioned, the PS2 version is more expensive than the PC version .. in some cases a little more expensive, in some a lot. It's just that the Xbox version is more expensive than either of them.

I'm not going to be buying BS3 anytime soon unfortunately :frown: I currently don't have money for food, never mind games .. I'll get it for Christmas tho, which will at least give me time to possibly replay BS1.

feisar 11-14-2003 04:49 AM

(((poor tamz)))

btw i got BS3 today :D

good = feels really innovative, fresh and leading the way for more games like it.. very proffesional, high budget feel.. great plot.. keeps the atmopshere of BS1 & 2 .. its really addictive and is generally really well designed and made.

bad = very bad PAL version - no 60Hz and black boarders that are bigger than the actual picture :( features loading times, they arent long but are there :/ .. low detail on the characters and bad jaggies.. graphics are iffy when compared to final fantasy X but better than almost all other western developed ps2 games.. puzzles seem too easy so far..

its weird to start with how everything sounds the same but looks so different :O its a great game so far tho :)

Intrepid Homoludens 11-14-2003 04:56 AM

:7 Well, what did you expect, Mr. PS2, a gorgeous, crisp, clear high res PC monitor version with all the details cranked up and radiosity lighting in full force?

The PS2 version would be last version I'd ever get of this game (if I had choice of Xbox and PC), considering how old it is. Could still run to its limits (see SH3), but then there's also the price - BS3 for PS2 is more expensive than PC and you get, well, the 'watered down' PS2 version. The PC version is cheaper and in time will get even more cheaper and you get........a gorgeous, crisp, clear high res PC monitor version with all the details cranked up and radiosity lighting in full force with full screen anti-aliasing. [jab jab]

I'm glad you're finally getting to play it! I'll have to wait another week or so.

ysbreker 11-14-2003 05:07 AM

anyone got the price in euro's?

Dale Baldwin 11-14-2003 05:49 AM

Well that was a fortuitous day at work. Got lots of "work" done. *cough cough* Haven't touched BS3 since I bought it.... It hasn't got me hooked either.

Definitely worth the wait. I feel for those that have still got to wait a bit longer or can't play it cos of the technical specs (moreso for the latter).

feisar 11-14-2003 09:00 AM

im a good three hours into BS3 now and its definatly up there with the other two. Although it will be interesting to see how the massmarket publications view the game.. and how well it sells..

DomStLeger 11-14-2003 10:11 AM

Definately is, I haven't enjoyed an adventure game this much in ages. And PC Gamer (85%), OXboxMag 9/10, OPS2Mag 8/10 - you don't get more mass market than those publications in the uk:D,

AGA 11-15-2003 04:45 AM

Got my copy and I'm installing as I type.

ysbreker 11-15-2003 07:34 AM

it's 49,99 euro's here at (no) freerecordshop... I saw it yesterday when i came back from work, but since I'm almost broke I can't afford to buy this baby for about 2 weeks at least :/