Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Adventure Game Puzzles... uh, Puzzles! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/30622-adventure-game-puzzles-uh-puzzles.html)

Adventurere No.1 03-12-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychocandy (Post 603452)
Moment of silence. One o'my faves! :)

isnt it the favorite for ALL of us ;)

Psychocandy 03-13-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adventurere No.1 (Post 603496)
isnt it the favorite for ALL of us ;)

It's a cracker for sure! Impossible to play with my original game disc in Windows 7 tho', thanks to the wonders of Starforce. :frown:

In any case, here's another puzzle to be going on with - made me want to tear my hair out at the time, incidentally...

Beautiful game, but a truly aggravating sound puzzle. You are faced with six wooden posts in a large circle, each with a hole in the middle. The hole in question may be uncovered or covered by a leaf to affect the sound produced as the wind rushes through.

Adventurere No.1 03-13-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychocandy (Post 603578)
Beautiful game, but a truly aggravating sound puzzle. You are faced with six wooden posts in a large circle, each with a hole in the middle. The hole in question may be uncovered or covered by a leaf to affect the sound produced as the wind rushes through.

i do know the answer , cuz their are not many sound puzzles there in adventures.. i remember there were ones in Exile,Sanitarium,Indiana JonesTotD.... and a little number of games too

But this one is actually was truly aggravating!
but i m not sure i wanna answer it really that fast :P... maybe give a chance for someone else
:D.. but i will assure you that i know the answer ...this game is A Novel and it was made a Movie too, Actually the 2nd part is out in cinemas Now! ;)

Jelena 03-14-2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychocandy (Post 603578)

Sounds familiar, but what game....

Is it The Sacred Rings?

Adventurere No.1 03-14-2012 02:48 AM

journey to the centre of the earth

couldn't wait more :D

TimovieMan 03-14-2012 03:29 AM

I have absolutely no recollection of that puzzle, and I've played and finished that game...

But then, it wasn't really all that memorable...

Adventurere No.1 03-14-2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimovieMan (Post 603643)
I have absolutely no recollection of that puzzle, and I've played and finished that game...

But then, it wasn't really all that memorable...

yes it was a very boring adventure Movieman.. but cuz i am a musician i just remembered it
i also will wait for Psychocandy so he would confirm it, cuz i am not 100% sure!

dallasbatzz 03-14-2012 09:57 AM

Anyone know the game Sugar Sugar? really hard puzzle i'm trying to beat, found it on rpg flash games website

Jelena 03-14-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimovieMan (Post 603643)

Funny I remember the puzzle, but I can't remember having played the game. But then I find it on the shelf among my games, so I guess I have played it. :crazy:
Didn't change my life, that's for sure. :D

Psychocandy 03-15-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adventurere No.1 (Post 603644)
yes it was a very boring adventure Movieman.. but cuz i am a musician i just remembered it
i also will wait for Psychocandy so he would confirm it, cuz i am not 100% sure!

Correct! A few lousy puzzles and pathfinding issues aside, I actually really enjoyed the game - it had its charm, and was certainly attractive and colourful to look at. Lovely musical score too. :)

Harleyhog 03-16-2012 08:02 AM

Strapping a stick of dynamite to a poor defenceless rodent, who's only crime was a weakness for baked beans :9

Adventurere No.1 03-16-2012 08:36 AM

i remember this puzzle or something like it
but wasnt this game on DS? never for PC ..

Harleyhog 03-16-2012 08:41 AM

It's on PC, clue is door to secret room....

Shany 03-16-2012 08:59 AM

Nibiru

Harleyhog 03-16-2012 09:13 AM

Right first time.

Adventurere No.1 03-16-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harleyhog (Post 603899)
Right first time.

there is a similar puzzle in a game called Scribblennauts! ,it is an emergent puzzle video game on Nintendo DS

WitchOfDoubt 03-17-2012 10:22 PM

Oooh oooh I've got one.

There's a door with an old-fashioned keyhole. You can't open it, but the key's definitely on the other side of the lock. There is a gap under the door. You have a sheet of paper, or possibly a newspaper. and a long, thin object of some kind.

WHICH GAME IS IT????

Harleyhog 03-18-2012 01:52 AM

I seem to remember Phantasmagoria using the keyhole and paper.

skeeter_93 03-18-2012 02:55 AM

Scratches had one...

Adventurere No.1 03-18-2012 04:41 AM

same Cliche with Post Mortem ....
also another one (Cliche) like using a pencil or a piece of coal on a paper to reveal what is written on it ,was repeated in so many games ..Black Mirror 1 for instance