Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Heroes of an Adventure Appearing in Another? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/30531-heroes-adventure-appearing-another.html)

Adventurere No.1 02-23-2012 10:21 AM

Heroes of an Adventure Appearing in Another?

yes i remembered that this happened really many times!
i was thinking how would it be very nice if like Manny Calavera is to be a playable character in a Guybrush Threepwood's Adventure.. then i thought that something like this already happened (not playable of course), especially with games and characters of the same franchise.

I only remember this happing in a couple of games or more :
Leisure Suit Larry 3 : at the end where larry ends up at Sierra Studios you see Sonny bonds(PQ),and Rosella (KQ4)..

Art of Murder: The Hunt for the Puppeteer :- Sylvie Leroux(CoM) appears somewhere in Cafe almost at the beginning.

Les Manley Search for The KING: Larry Laffer appears as a flash somewhere in the game ,i remember writing "look Larry" and i got the answer "Wrong Game"

i am surely that this happed many times but i dont remember (maybe something like an add for DoTT at some MI games) or not sure.

TimovieMan 02-23-2012 12:20 PM

LucasArts characters tend to appear in other LucasArts games - often as statues in the background.

For instance: there's a Sam and Max totem pole in the college in Fate of Atlantis, there's a Sam & Max statue by the Giant Monkey Head in The Secret of Monkey Island (in the Special Edition it's replaced by a Purple Tentacle statue), etc.

And then there's Cobb the Pirate with his "Ask Me About Loom"-button in The Secret of Monkey Island (who gives you an obvious sales pitch if you ask him about Loom), or the skeleton in Escape From Monkey Island with an "Ask Me About Grim Fandango"-button.

All these are rather easter eggy, though. Not real cameo's.

Fien 02-23-2012 12:53 PM

Larry also makes an appearance in the bar in Freddy Pharkas. Not an Easter Egg, you can actually talk to him. :)

diego 02-26-2012 09:37 PM

Sylvie Leroux makes a cameo in Art of Murder. Or was it the vice versa? http://www.sk.rs/forum/images/smilie...on_scratch.gif

ozzie 02-26-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimovieMan (Post 601519)
there's a Sam and Max totem pole in the college in Fate of Atlantis

That was in The Last Crusade.

Quote:

or the skeleton in Escape From Monkey Island with an "Ask Me About Grim Fandango"-button.
No, he appeared in Curse of Monkey Island. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fien (Post 601520)
Larry also makes an appearance in the bar in Freddy Pharkas. Not an Easter Egg, you can actually talk to him. :)

Well, technically, it's the great-great-grandfather of Larry Laffer. Man, I'm pedantic today! ;) Sure, it's basically Larry, the ancestor bit is more of an excuse to make the cameo fit into the game world.

gray pierce 02-27-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzie (Post 601897)

That seems rather unlikely given the fact that Grim Fandango hadn't been released by the time Curse of Monkey Island was.

Edit: Never mind you're right. Guess it was a prerelease commercial trick rather than an actual cameo

TimovieMan 02-27-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzie (Post 601897)
That was in The Last Crusade.

Thanks for correcting me. Apparently, my memory isn't what it used to be... :crazy:

Arial Type 02-28-2012 08:06 AM

Although it's not exactly about adventure gaming, my favourite cameo is Mel Schlemming in The Incredible Machine series, whose "sad role is to be eaten, crushed, tossed off high places and occasionally making it home" :D

SpeedBo 02-28-2012 08:26 AM

In the demo of Monkey Island
You can pickup a cup/chalice in the voodoo Lady's house and Guybrush will turn into Indiana Jones.

Adventurere No.1 02-28-2012 09:37 AM

also away from the characters themselves, The famous music theme of Indiana Jones (i think) was heard at 10's of different adventure games . the last was BoUT

tat-darat'taa .. tat-da-RAAA..... etc ;)

Adventurere No.1 02-28-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diego (Post 601896)
Sylvie Leroux makes a cameo in Art of Murder. Or was it the vice versa? http://www.sk.rs/forum/images/smilie...on_scratch.gif

it was Syvie Leroux who made a that cameo ..it was almost at the start of the game, in the Cafe .

Trunkyo 02-28-2012 08:02 PM

Nicole Bonnet from the Art of Murder games also makes a cameo appearance in Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual, as a tourist in Malta. (Nicole also makes a brief second appearance in an ad for Art of Murder 2 that Sylvie spots in Istanbul.) So yes, vice versa is true too! ;)

Adventurere No.1 02-28-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trunkyo (Post 602104)
(Nicole also makes a brief second appearance in an ad for Art of Murder 2 that Sylvie spots in Istanbul.) So yes, vice versa is true too! ;)

I appreciate this adding as i certainly missed (Thanks for correcting us).. but i guess you made a typing mistake (and so that no one would get confused here) i will rephrase it again

(Nicole also makes a brief second appearance in an ad for Chronicles of Mystery 2 that Sylvie spots in Istanbul)
:P

Fantasysci5 02-29-2012 08:04 AM

Not sure if this counts, but a very young Hercule Poirot showed up in Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened.

Hamham Chan 02-29-2012 11:35 AM

Larry Laffer shows up in Police Quest 2.
You can find him at the airport, sitting on a bench.
I don't remember if you can talk to him or not.

Trunkyo 02-29-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myself, above
(Nicole also makes a brief second appearance in an ad for Art of Murder 2 that Sylvie spots in Istanbul.)

No need for any "correction", Adventurere, I know exactly what I'm talking about. Besides, why would Nicole appear in an ad for CoM2? :P:P
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2645/comaom2ad.png

Adventurere No.1 02-29-2012 06:16 PM

Trunkyo it all got mixed up with me i admit :frown::pan:... that appears here and this appears there and not once but twice !!! DARN

DustyShinigami 03-03-2012 06:23 AM

There's also Bernard, from Day of the Tentacle, who appears in every Snuckey's shop in Sam & Max Hit the Road

and...

Robert Foster, from Beneath a Steel Sky, who makes a cameo appearance in Broken Sword II as an Easter Egg