You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Heroes of an Adventure Appearing in Another?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Advie.1

Default Heroes of an Adventure Appearing in Another?

yes i remembered that this happened really many times!
i was thinking how would it be very nice if like Manny Calavera is to be a playable character in a Guybrush Threepwood's Adventure.. then i thought that something like this already happened (not playable of course), especially with games and characters of the same franchise.

I only remember this happing in a couple of games or more :
Leisure Suit Larry 3 : at the end where larry ends up at Sierra Studios you see Sonny bonds(PQ),and Rosella (KQ4)..

Art of Murder: The Hunt for the Puppeteer :- Sylvie Leroux(CoM) appears somewhere in Cafe almost at the beginning.

Les Manley Search for The KING: Larry Laffer appears as a flash somewhere in the game ,i remember writing "look Larry" and i got the answer "Wrong Game"

i am surely that this happed many times but i dont remember (maybe something like an add for DoTT at some MI games) or not sure.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
Filmfreak

LucasArts characters tend to appear in other LucasArts games - often as statues in the background.

For instance: there's a Sam and Max totem pole in the college in Fate of Atlantis, there's a Sam & Max statue by the Giant Monkey Head in The Secret of Monkey Island (in the Special Edition it's replaced by a Purple Tentacle statue), etc.

And then there's Cobb the Pirate with his "Ask Me About Loom"-button in The Secret of Monkey Island (who gives you an obvious sales pitch if you ask him about Loom), or the skeleton in Escape From Monkey Island with an "Ask Me About Grim Fandango"-button.

All these are rather easter eggy, though. Not real cameo's.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
Senior *female* member

Larry also makes an appearance in the bar in Freddy Pharkas. Not an Easter Egg, you can actually talk to him.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #4

Sylvie Leroux makes a cameo in Art of Murder. Or was it the vice versa?
Old 02-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
there's a Sam and Max totem pole in the college in Fate of Atlantis
That was in The Last Crusade.

Quote:
or the skeleton in Escape From Monkey Island with an "Ask Me About Grim Fandango"-button.
No, he appeared in Curse of Monkey Island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Larry also makes an appearance in the bar in Freddy Pharkas. Not an Easter Egg, you can actually talk to him.
Well, technically, it's the great-great-grandfather of Larry Laffer. Man, I'm pedantic today! Sure, it's basically Larry, the ancestor bit is more of an excuse to make the cameo fit into the game world.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
That seems rather unlikely given the fact that Grim Fandango hadn't been released by the time Curse of Monkey Island was.

Edit: Never mind you're right. Guess it was a prerelease commercial trick rather than an actual cameo
Old 02-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #7
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
That was in The Last Crusade.

Thanks for correcting me. Apparently, my memory isn't what it used to be...
Old 02-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #8

Although it's not exactly about adventure gaming, my favourite cameo is Mel Schlemming in The Incredible Machine series, whose "sad role is to be eaten, crushed, tossed off high places and occasionally making it home"
Old 02-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #9

In the demo of Monkey Island
You can pickup a cup/chalice in the voodoo Lady's house and Guybrush will turn into Indiana Jones.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #10
Advie.1

also away from the characters themselves, The famous music theme of Indiana Jones (i think) was heard at 10's of different adventure games . the last was BoUT

tat-darat'taa .. tat-da-RAAA..... etc

Old 02-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #11
Advie.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
Sylvie Leroux makes a cameo in Art of Murder. Or was it the vice versa?
it was Syvie Leroux who made a that cameo ..it was almost at the start of the game, in the Cafe .

Old 02-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #12
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Nicole Bonnet from the Art of Murder games also makes a cameo appearance in Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual, as a tourist in Malta. (Nicole also makes a brief second appearance in an ad for Art of Murder 2 that Sylvie spots in Istanbul.) So yes, vice versa is true too!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #13
Advie.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post
(Nicole also makes a brief second appearance in an ad for Art of Murder 2 that Sylvie spots in Istanbul.) So yes, vice versa is true too!
I appreciate this adding as i certainly missed (Thanks for correcting us).. but i guess you made a typing mistake (and so that no one would get confused here) i will rephrase it again

(Nicole also makes a brief second appearance in an ad for Chronicles of Mystery 2 that Sylvie spots in Istanbul)

Old 02-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #14
Stalker of Britain

Not sure if this counts, but a very young Hercule Poirot showed up in Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #15
Fulci lives

Larry Laffer shows up in Police Quest 2.
You can find him at the airport, sitting on a bench.
I don't remember if you can talk to him or not.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #16
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by myself, above
(Nicole also makes a brief second appearance in an ad for Art of Murder 2 that Sylvie spots in Istanbul.)
No need for any "correction", Adventurere, I know exactly what I'm talking about. Besides, why would Nicole appear in an ad for CoM2?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #17
Advie.1

Trunkyo it all got mixed up with me i admit ... that appears here and this appears there and not once but twice !!! DARN

Old 03-03-2012, 06:23 AM   #18
The Quiet One

There's also Bernard, from Day of the Tentacle, who appears in every Snuckey's shop in Sam & Max Hit the Road

and...

Robert Foster, from Beneath a Steel Sky, who makes a cameo appearance in Broken Sword II as an Easter Egg
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour