Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   top 5 games and time to complete. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/30493-top-5-games-time-complete.html)

Lovee236 02-16-2012 02:50 AM

top 5 games and time to complete.

As the topic, what's ur top 5 games and how long did it take you to complete them?

1. Monkey island 1 (2 months) I was a kid
2. the book of unwritten tales (3 days)
3. Full throttle (5 days)
4. Vampire story (1 week)
5. Jolly rover (2 days)

Mad Manny 02-20-2012 06:27 AM

You just made this thread so you could brag ;)

Grim Fandango took about 5 months for me, altho that's because I was stuck on that stupid bug in rubacava (where you cannot time the elevator right if your computer is too slow and you are running unpatched version).

Lovee236 02-20-2012 08:28 AM

Lol, how did I make this thread to brag? my time of completing the game isn't really that fast :)

TimovieMan 02-20-2012 09:01 AM

I'm not positive on the times, but as I recall, they're:

1. The Curse of Monkey Island - about 3 weeks
2. Grim Fandango - 2 weeks (of which I was playing pretty much non-stop)
3. Day of the Tentacle - about 3 weeks
4. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - about 2 months (was one of the last of my friends to start and was the first to finish back then)
5. The Dig - 6 months

Lovee236 02-20-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimovieMan (Post 601122)
I'm not positive on the times, but as I recall, they're:

1. The Curse of Monkey Island - about 3 weeks
2. Grim Fandango - 2 weeks (of which I was playing pretty much non-stop)
3. Day of the Tentacle - about 3 weeks
4. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - about 2 months (was one of the last of my friends to start and was the first to finish back then)
5. The Dig - 6 months

Wow, I guess you never used any walktroughs huh? good job dude!

Datadog 02-20-2012 03:01 PM

1. Day of the Tentacle (about 3 months, before internet - darn squeaky bed!)
2. King's Quest 6 (2-3 years. As a kid, I didn't really aim to finish games)
3. Grim Fandango (1-2 weeks)
4. Chrono Trigger (2-3 weeks - you never said adventure) :P
5. Full Throttle (2 days)

Longest time to completion: Space Quest 4. About 6-7 years because of timer bugs, completely unfair deaths (as a kid, I thought those exploding sewers were booby-trapped), and the fact that I didn't start using the internet for walkthroughs until about 1998 or so.

After the invention of walkthroughs, time to completion really became a blur. I normally try to beat a game without one, but as I get older, I find that if a game is wasting too much of my time with guesswork (a hour's time wasted, tops), I just grab a hint so I can move on.

Lovee236 02-21-2012 03:49 AM

I hate to use walkthroughs so whenever i am stuck I first try to combine everything in my inventory with each other, then i use each thing in my inventory with everything in the game and then i use every command i have on everything in the game.. Sure takes some time but atleast u didn't use help and you can be proud of yourself :)

TimovieMan 02-21-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovee236 (Post 601158)
Wow, I guess you never used any walktroughs huh? good job dude!

This was all in the 90s, before I had internet access, so yeah...

But "6 months" for The Dig also meant with a hiatus of two months (of being stuck) and a hiatus of a couple of weeks (once again: stuck), so if you'd count the actual gaming hours, it'd probably be somewhere around 30 hours. Give or take several hours... :D

Nowadays, if a game takes a long while to finish (in time), that doesn't mean I actually clocked many hours on it. I mean, I've just finished L.A. Noire, and I started playing back in November, so technically it's 3 months. But the in-game statistic has it at 24 hours. Maybe 30 if you count stuff I tried again (because I wasn't satisfied) or stuff I had to try again because I failed...

Lovee236 02-23-2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimovieMan (Post 601215)
This was all in the 90s, before I had internet access, so yeah...

But "6 months" for The Dig also meant with a hiatus of two months (of being stuck) and a hiatus of a couple of weeks (once again: stuck), so if you'd count the actual gaming hours, it'd probably be somewhere around 30 hours. Give or take several hours... :D

Nowadays, if a game takes a long while to finish (in time), that doesn't mean I actually clocked many hours on it. I mean, I've just finished L.A. Noire, and I started playing back in November, so technically it's 3 months. But the in-game statistic has it at 24 hours. Maybe 30 if you count stuff I tried again (because I wasn't satisfied) or stuff I had to try again because I failed...

Yeah if you compress the weeks and months then you would get it in hours because I dont think everyone plays a game nonstop every day :D