You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure top 5 games and time to complete.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 02:50 AM   #1

Default top 5 games and time to complete.

As the topic, what's ur top 5 games and how long did it take you to complete them?

1. Monkey island 1 (2 months) I was a kid
2. the book of unwritten tales (3 days)
3. Full throttle (5 days)
4. Vampire story (1 week)
5. Jolly rover (2 days)
Old 02-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #2

You just made this thread so you could brag

Grim Fandango took about 5 months for me, altho that's because I was stuck on that stupid bug in rubacava (where you cannot time the elevator right if your computer is too slow and you are running unpatched version).
Old 02-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #3

Lol, how did I make this thread to brag? my time of completing the game isn't really that fast
Old 02-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
Filmfreak

I'm not positive on the times, but as I recall, they're:

1. The Curse of Monkey Island - about 3 weeks
2. Grim Fandango - 2 weeks (of which I was playing pretty much non-stop)
3. Day of the Tentacle - about 3 weeks
4. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - about 2 months (was one of the last of my friends to start and was the first to finish back then)
5. The Dig - 6 months
Old 02-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
I'm not positive on the times, but as I recall, they're:

1. The Curse of Monkey Island - about 3 weeks
2. Grim Fandango - 2 weeks (of which I was playing pretty much non-stop)
3. Day of the Tentacle - about 3 weeks
4. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - about 2 months (was one of the last of my friends to start and was the first to finish back then)
5. The Dig - 6 months
Wow, I guess you never used any walktroughs huh? good job dude!
Old 02-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #6

1. Day of the Tentacle (about 3 months, before internet - darn squeaky bed!)
2. King's Quest 6 (2-3 years. As a kid, I didn't really aim to finish games)
3. Grim Fandango (1-2 weeks)
4. Chrono Trigger (2-3 weeks - you never said adventure)
5. Full Throttle (2 days)

Longest time to completion: Space Quest 4. About 6-7 years because of timer bugs, completely unfair deaths (as a kid, I thought those exploding sewers were booby-trapped), and the fact that I didn't start using the internet for walkthroughs until about 1998 or so.

After the invention of walkthroughs, time to completion really became a blur. I normally try to beat a game without one, but as I get older, I find that if a game is wasting too much of my time with guesswork (a hour's time wasted, tops), I just grab a hint so I can move on.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:49 AM   #7

I hate to use walkthroughs so whenever i am stuck I first try to combine everything in my inventory with each other, then i use each thing in my inventory with everything in the game and then i use every command i have on everything in the game.. Sure takes some time but atleast u didn't use help and you can be proud of yourself
Old 02-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #8
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovee236 View Post
Wow, I guess you never used any walktroughs huh? good job dude!
This was all in the 90s, before I had internet access, so yeah...

But "6 months" for The Dig also meant with a hiatus of two months (of being stuck) and a hiatus of a couple of weeks (once again: stuck), so if you'd count the actual gaming hours, it'd probably be somewhere around 30 hours. Give or take several hours...

Nowadays, if a game takes a long while to finish (in time), that doesn't mean I actually clocked many hours on it. I mean, I've just finished L.A. Noire, and I started playing back in November, so technically it's 3 months. But the in-game statistic has it at 24 hours. Maybe 30 if you count stuff I tried again (because I wasn't satisfied) or stuff I had to try again because I failed...
Old 02-23-2012, 02:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
This was all in the 90s, before I had internet access, so yeah...

But "6 months" for The Dig also meant with a hiatus of two months (of being stuck) and a hiatus of a couple of weeks (once again: stuck), so if you'd count the actual gaming hours, it'd probably be somewhere around 30 hours. Give or take several hours...

Nowadays, if a game takes a long while to finish (in time), that doesn't mean I actually clocked many hours on it. I mean, I've just finished L.A. Noire, and I started playing back in November, so technically it's 3 months. But the in-game statistic has it at 24 hours. Maybe 30 if you count stuff I tried again (because I wasn't satisfied) or stuff I had to try again because I failed...
Yeah if you compress the weeks and months then you would get it in hours because I dont think everyone plays a game nonstop every day