Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   What AG game did you get for Christmas (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/30250-what-ag-game-did-you-get-christmas.html)

jimrh69 12-26-2011 10:01 AM

What AG game did you get for Christmas

Thought I'd start this thread so we could all share our spoils this holiday season. I received " A NEW BEGINNING"

Jackal 12-26-2011 06:46 PM

I got some great games (Zelda, Batman: Arkham City, Deux Ex 3), but no adventures, so I had to treat myself to a Boxing Day sale for L.A. Noire. Does that count? :P

Mikekelly 12-26-2011 08:03 PM

" I had to treat myself to a Boxing Day sale for L.A. Noire. Does that count?"

Oh - that most certainly does count in my book! LA Noire is the perfect gift - Xmas or Boxing day!

I got myself Ace Attorney - Miles Edgeworth and Apollo Justice - to say I love playing them is an understatement. Great games.

:D

boinky33 12-26-2011 08:18 PM

I got Book of Unwritten Tales. I haven't played it yet because I got it as an IOU because it is still in the mail. Can't wait until it comes.

skeeter_93 12-26-2011 08:22 PM

I got none *sobs* Mostly I buy them through the year as I see them, usually online. My family mostly shops in stores, and there aren't a lot around here...

Interplay 12-26-2011 08:40 PM

I picked up the Sherlock Holmes collection in the Steam sales, but I'm finally getting around to playing Gemini Rue which I bought awhile back.

TimovieMan 12-26-2011 11:41 PM

I didn't get any. Mainly because those around me tend to give me gift certificates for the local DVD megastore.
On the one hand, that's because my collection of DVD's is a lot more impressive than my collection of games and on the other hand it's because they never know whether or not I have this or that game or movie already... :D

AnneS 12-26-2011 11:58 PM

Nobody else bought me any, but I used some Christmas money to get on GOG and Steam and binge on everything I wanted that was priced under $5. As a result, I am now the proud owner of Ceville, Dreamfall, The Feeble Files, Gemini Rue, Kaptain Brawe, The Last Express and Puzzle Bots, none of which I have played before. Somehow, I doubt I'm going to get through all of them in the next twelve months ...

tsampikos 12-27-2011 01:31 AM

Ι ordered myself from Amazon.UK the European Version of "Darkstar-the Interactive Movie". A really nice package in good price. :)

Drolin 12-27-2011 01:48 AM

Omikron: The Nomad Soul (well, its more action-adventure) and Myst IV.

Manta 12-27-2011 03:46 AM

Monkey Island 1 & 2 EE and Lost Horizon for the PC, Uncharted 3 for the PS3 and The 7th Guest and Machinarium for the iPad.

Ascovel 12-27-2011 05:54 AM

I only got Coal Quest. :(

aimless 12-27-2011 11:36 AM

A Vampyre Story. The graphics are great but I'm already in the mood to kill that bat. I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if I could skip some of the dialogue. Then again, it was only three bucks at DotEmu.

Kazmajik 12-27-2011 06:52 PM

I bought myself the entire Telltale Games catalogue from Steam, and I'm taking a break from Skyrim to puzzle my way through Tales of Monkey Island. Having a great time.

Arial Type 12-27-2011 09:06 PM

I grabbed Journeyman Project 2 and Simon the Sorcerer 3D from GOG. Wasn't being able to finish Simon years ago due to one of many bugs. I did this time though. Liked it back then, loved it now. One of the craziest, funniest and most fulfilling games I've played in years, despite all the controversy. Sam & Max episodes are like bedtime stories compared to this one :)

Ascovel 12-28-2011 05:22 AM

There's a lot of cool things and ideas about Simon 3D, but there are also the things that killed it for me in the end. Like the super-slow traveling in the unnecessarily huge world of chapter 1; or the long unskippable repeated animations (e.g. phone booth teleports), or the incredibly frustrating arcade sequances.

At the time of the release also the loading times were atrocious. With a new loading screen appearing pretty much every few steps.

And those awful game-breaking bugs - damn!

Frankly I'm surprised I had as much patience for Simon 3D as I did back then. Never finished.

Arial Type 12-28-2011 08:28 AM

Yes, most of the things said about Simon are true. Even with the polished GOG version I encountered a number of bugs. But the script made it for me. Of all Adventuresoft games I think this is the best-written one. I lost count to all the parodies and references half through the way, the plot was ridiculous at its best, even the inventory window was entertaining. And I actually enjoyed exploring 3D environment. It was somehow close to the idea of RPG without skills and fighting.