Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Gemini Rue Demo (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/28590-gemini-rue-demo.html)

Fien 03-01-2011 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by After a brisk nap (Post 573705)
God, you'll take offense at anything, won't you?

Heh... yeah, I'm not fussy, I take it where I can get it. :D

Quote:

For the record, that wasn't a dig at you. It referred to people making comments like "Low res graphics. No thanks. We are in 2011." Or one comment on another site that contrasted it with screens from So Blonde (the art of which is shiny, but looks - in my opinion - pretty indifferent).
Good luck. I'll never be able to make you see the beauty of Riven, and your best arguments don't stand a chance against my "subjective preferences", but at least you and agree that Gemini is a great game.

BTW, giving me the choice between some anime game I haven't played and Blade Runner is hardly fair when I was talking about modern graphics. I'll choose Blade Runner anytime though. :crazy:

J.H 03-02-2011 07:09 AM

My thoughts on the demo.

Still haven't managed to play the full game yet :(

9cupsoftea 03-04-2011 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkman (Post 573769)
I'm not speaking for Gemini Rue, as I haven't played it yet and do expect to enjoy it. There is still room for nostalgia pieces, along the lines of Mega Man 9 - but they should not be seen as much more than nostalgia pieces.

Perhaps for games whose appeal centres around gameplay mechanics, but for adventure games a great story and evocative atmosphere is worthwhile no matter the interactive dressings. A great book written in the 50s is still a great book (in most cases) and you wouldn't call it a nostalgia piece. As would any film made in that time, or set in that time period.

Shuyin 03-04-2011 11:11 AM

Hi all adventure gamers. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.

Now, about Gemini Rue demo, i loved the atmosphere; it reminded me of BASS - one of my all time favourite adventure games. I wasn't pleased at the gameplay however, as it felt to me like there were no puzzles. I mean climbing up/down the staris, opening some doors and connecting to a console can hardly be considered as puzzles. It felt like all of that was added just so we can have some interactivity. This reminded me of Dreamfall.

I like a good story, but i like gameplay just as much. Are there some real puzzles later in the game?

Luther10 03-07-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shuyin (Post 574091)
Hi all adventure gamers. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.

Now, about Gemini Rue demo, i loved the atmosphere; it reminded me of BASS - one of my all time favourite adventure games. I wasn't pleased at the gameplay however, as it felt to me like there were no puzzles. I mean climbing up/down the staris, opening some doors and connecting to a console can hardly be considered as puzzles. It felt like all of that was added just so we can have some interactivity. This reminded me of Dreamfall.

I like a good story, but i like gameplay just as much. Are there some real puzzles later in the game?

BASS? Are you the one who wrote a BASS comment on one of my Gemini Rue videos over at youtube?

Shuyin 03-07-2011 10:24 PM

Nope, i don't usually leave comments on youtube. BASS is an acronym for Beneath a Steel Sky.

jhetfield21 03-07-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shuyin (Post 574374)
Nope, i don't usually leave comments on youtube. BASS is an acronym for Beneath a Steel Sky.

i believe he knows what BASS is and that's why he asked.

Gabe 03-07-2011 11:41 PM

Anyone tried -windowed mode running on like 360x240 [8D]

Luther10 03-08-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhetfield21 (Post 574378)
i believe he knows what BASS is and that's why he asked.

hehe, actually I didn't know :crazy:, that's why I was so surprised the term came up twice within an hour and I thought he was the same person...

jhetfield21 03-08-2011 02:11 PM

lol i thought you knew:P......it's like the most known acronyms along with MI in adventure games.or at least from what i've seen.

mrLOL 03-10-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shuyin (Post 574091)
Are there some real puzzles later in the game?

hmmm no.. sorry :P the story and the stakes gets more interesting towards the end of the game than the rather dull first 70%, but the puzzles pretty much stays the same,