Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   You know you play too many adventure games when... (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/26155-you-know-you-play-too-many-adventure-games-when.html)

sevren 01-14-2010 08:42 PM

You know you play too many adventure games when...

Hi there, A friend and I were discussing the topic of addiction to adventure games and the phrase "You know you play Adventure Games too much when..."
What can you guys come up with?

for example:

You know you play Adventure Games too much when you walk into a room and take everything that isnt nailed down

Sughly 01-14-2010 09:17 PM

You know you play Adventure Games too much when you check Adventure Gamers' forums more than 3 times a day.

Hamham Chan 01-14-2010 09:23 PM

Check out this classic thread:
http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...ighlight=steal

booB 01-14-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sughly (Post 535851)
You know you play Adventure Games too much when you check Adventure Gamers' forums more than 3 times a day.

Guilty. The sad part is, I rarely play adventure games, unless I happen to be on adventure game "kick". :)

Kazmajik 01-15-2010 07:29 AM

You ask everybody that you talk to:

"What do you know about . . . voodoo?"

gray pierce 01-15-2010 07:35 AM

Quote:

Oh crud! Busted here! Maybe I should seek counseling?

3rdFloor 01-15-2010 08:37 AM

...when you have a play list schedule that you update on a weekly basis. :crazy:

Luna Sevithiainen 01-15-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Whoops :P

...When you think of items in terms of the responses to 'look', 'get','use', 'talk to' and the like
...When you keep on thinking you want to be an adventure game designer when you grow up, even though you know that is not going to happen (:frown:)
...When you look at random items and think how you can use them in other ways than their common use
...When you are developing a lack of sleep because you usually only quit playing when you are stuck and you JUST managed to solve the puzzle you are stuck in, and so you just have to see what lies beyond that...and beyond that...and beyond that
...When you wake up in the middle of the night with an AHA-erlebnis
...only to find out that that AHA-erlebnis included items and the likes of multiple games
...When your college notebooks are filled with lists of locations you can go to and every possible item in those areas, because you are stuck and want to figure out what you can do next when the lecture is over
...When you just wrote down said locations and items by heart and the list is actually complete
...When in that same notebook are written out the full introduction song of Conquests of the Longbow and the complete poem of Gabriel Knight 1
...When you spent your travelling hours with in your head writing endless essays about your opinion about different aspects of adventure games (dying, labels, a game in particular, Sierra vs LucasArts, the likes)

I am guilty to the above :P

gray pierce 01-15-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen (Post 535910)

...When you think of items in terms of the responses to 'look', 'get','use', 'talk to' and the like
...When you keep on thinking you want to be an adventure game designer when you grow up, even though you know that is not going to happen (:frown:)
...When you look at random items and think how you can use them in other ways than their common use
...When you are developing a lack of sleep because you usually only quit playing when you are stuck and you JUST managed to solve the puzzle you are stuck in, and so you just have to see what lies beyond that...and beyond that...and beyond that
...When you wake up in the middle of the night with an AHA-erlebnis
...only to find out that that AHA-erlebnis included items and the likes of multiple games
...When your college notebooks are filled with lists of locations you can go to and every possible item in those areas, because you are stuck and want to figure out what you can do next when the lecture is over
...When you just wrote down said locations and items by heart and the list is actually complete
...When in that same notebook are written out the full introduction song of Conquests of the Longbow and the complete poem of Gabriel Knight 1
...When you spent your travelling hours with in your head writing endless essays about your opinion about different aspects of adventure games (dying, labels, a game in particular, Sierra vs LucasArts, the likes)

I am guilty to the above :P

Me too! Well except for the CotL and GK thing. Love GK but never had the poem in my mind and haven't played CotL yet.

CoyoteAG 01-15-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

:D These two totally hit home with me!

Dara100 01-15-2010 01:31 PM

When you have dreams of your entire network comprising eight game drives crashing irretrievably and at once, even though you have several current images to restore from that aren't on the network. The installed games and saves lost would be catastrophic - on a small scale, of course. Current events put even that in perspective.

WRMW 01-15-2010 06:44 PM

... when you think of the contents of your pockets as "your inventory"

cwapitm 01-16-2010 12:14 PM

Fortunately I haven't gotten to the point where my life is an adventure game, but I can say this one: You've had an insult sword fight with your brother.:P

skeeter_93 01-17-2010 06:41 AM

Quote:

I just have to add to this - even though you are pretty much grown up! (This applies to me!)

And my own one... if you find something at home/work and go 'yes! i needed matches!' and then realise you needed matches in a game you were trying to light something, and not in real life...

L-Jazz 01-17-2010 07:56 AM

...when you get disappointed while trying to fit a lot of really big items in your pockets, and finding out that it is impossible.

kadji-kun 01-17-2010 08:10 AM

You know you play too many adventure games when you start up a "You know you're a redneck" like thread.

Zanthia 01-17-2010 04:18 PM

..when you think the best way to distract a person is to shout "Look! A three headed monkey behind you!"

J.H 01-17-2010 04:38 PM

You know you play Adventure Games too much when you think there's no way simply using the key in the lock will open your front door.

Jannik 01-18-2010 02:48 AM

...when you participate in a meeting at your workplace, and no matter the solutions to solving work-related problems your colleagues come up with, your responses are; "that won't work", "what should that accomplish" or "you can't do that".

DustyShinigami 01-18-2010 08:16 AM

...you want to visit certain countries/towns/cities just because they were used/featured in your favourite game.