You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure You know you play too many adventure games when...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #1

Default You know you play too many adventure games when...

Hi there, A friend and I were discussing the topic of addiction to adventure games and the phrase "You know you play Adventure Games too much when..."
What can you guys come up with?

for example:

You know you play Adventure Games too much when you walk into a room and take everything that isnt nailed down
Old 01-14-2010, 09:17 PM   #2

You know you play Adventure Games too much when you check Adventure Gamers' forums more than 3 times a day.

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance
Old 01-14-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
Fulci lives

Check out this classic thread:
http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...ighlight=steal
Old 01-14-2010, 11:19 PM   #4
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sughly View Post
You know you play Adventure Games too much when you check Adventure Gamers' forums more than 3 times a day.
Guilty. The sad part is, I rarely play adventure games, unless I happen to be on adventure game "kick".
Old 01-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #5

You ask everybody that you talk to:

"What do you know about . . . voodoo?"
Old 01-15-2010, 07:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Oh crud! Busted here! Maybe I should seek counseling?
Old 01-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #7

...when you have a play list schedule that you update on a weekly basis.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:48 AM   #8
Pixiehunter

Quote:
Whoops

...When you think of items in terms of the responses to 'look', 'get','use', 'talk to' and the like
...When you keep on thinking you want to be an adventure game designer when you grow up, even though you know that is not going to happen ()
...When you look at random items and think how you can use them in other ways than their common use
...When you are developing a lack of sleep because you usually only quit playing when you are stuck and you JUST managed to solve the puzzle you are stuck in, and so you just have to see what lies beyond that...and beyond that...and beyond that
...When you wake up in the middle of the night with an AHA-erlebnis
...only to find out that that AHA-erlebnis included items and the likes of multiple games
...When your college notebooks are filled with lists of locations you can go to and every possible item in those areas, because you are stuck and want to figure out what you can do next when the lecture is over
...When you just wrote down said locations and items by heart and the list is actually complete
...When in that same notebook are written out the full introduction song of Conquests of the Longbow and the complete poem of Gabriel Knight 1
...When you spent your travelling hours with in your head writing endless essays about your opinion about different aspects of adventure games (dying, labels, a game in particular, Sierra vs LucasArts, the likes)

I am guilty to the above
Old 01-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
Whoops

...When you think of items in terms of the responses to 'look', 'get','use', 'talk to' and the like
...When you keep on thinking you want to be an adventure game designer when you grow up, even though you know that is not going to happen ()
...When you look at random items and think how you can use them in other ways than their common use
...When you are developing a lack of sleep because you usually only quit playing when you are stuck and you JUST managed to solve the puzzle you are stuck in, and so you just have to see what lies beyond that...and beyond that...and beyond that
...When you wake up in the middle of the night with an AHA-erlebnis
...only to find out that that AHA-erlebnis included items and the likes of multiple games
...When your college notebooks are filled with lists of locations you can go to and every possible item in those areas, because you are stuck and want to figure out what you can do next when the lecture is over
...When you just wrote down said locations and items by heart and the list is actually complete
...When in that same notebook are written out the full introduction song of Conquests of the Longbow and the complete poem of Gabriel Knight 1
...When you spent your travelling hours with in your head writing endless essays about your opinion about different aspects of adventure games (dying, labels, a game in particular, Sierra vs LucasArts, the likes)

I am guilty to the above
Me too! Well except for the CotL and GK thing. Love GK but never had the poem in my mind and haven't played CotL yet.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #10
Dreamfall Soon!

Quote:
Whoops

These two totally hit home with me!
Old 01-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #11

When you have dreams of your entire network comprising eight game drives crashing irretrievably and at once, even though you have several current images to restore from that aren't on the network. The installed games and saves lost would be catastrophic - on a small scale, of course. Current events put even that in perspective.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:44 PM   #12
Adventurer

... when you think of the contents of your pockets as "your inventory"
Old 01-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #13

Fortunately I haven't gotten to the point where my life is an adventure game, but I can say this one: You've had an insult sword fight with your brother.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:41 AM   #14
UnseenUniversity Graduate

Quote:

I just have to add to this - even though you are pretty much grown up! (This applies to me!)

And my own one... if you find something at home/work and go 'yes! i needed matches!' and then realise you needed matches in a game you were trying to light something, and not in real life...
Old 01-17-2010, 07:56 AM   #15

Send a message via MSN to L-Jazz

...when you get disappointed while trying to fit a lot of really big items in your pockets, and finding out that it is impossible.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:10 AM   #16
Banned User

You know you play too many adventure games when you start up a "You know you're a redneck" like thread.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:18 PM   #17
Sky is not the limit

Send a message via ICQ to Zanthia Send a message via Yahoo to Zanthia

..when you think the best way to distract a person is to shout "Look! A three headed monkey behind you!"
Old 01-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #18
J.H
Frak.

You know you play Adventure Games too much when you think there's no way simply using the key in the lock will open your front door.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:48 AM   #19

...when you participate in a meeting at your workplace, and no matter the solutions to solving work-related problems your colleagues come up with, your responses are; "that won't work", "what should that accomplish" or "you can't do that".
Old 01-18-2010, 08:16 AM   #20
The Quiet One

...you want to visit certain countries/towns/cities just because they were used/featured in your favourite game.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour