Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   New trailer for 'Rhiannon' (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/23355-new-trailer-rhiannon.html)

noelbruton 09-24-2008 10:51 AM

New trailer for 'Rhiannon'

I'm sorry chaps, I simply don't have enough cigars to go round, but here's me, the proud Dad, announcing the new trailer for 'Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches' at http://www.rhiannongame.com. Thought you might like to know.

And GotGame have announced Oct 5th as the official US launch date. Good grief, that's only a fortnight away. Am I excited? Can a duck swim? :9~

Breathe man, breathe.

Cheers

Noel Bruton
Co-founder
Arberth Studios

AndreaDraco83 09-24-2008 10:54 AM

I'm really looking forward to play Rhiannon, and the trailer was really nice.

The good news is that October 5th is really close :D

Luna Sevithiainen 09-24-2008 12:40 PM

The trailer surely looks interesting :) especially those supernatural elements, wonder what will be the story behind that
And the Welsh influence, yay, Celtic-interested me can't wait to lay her hands on this one! :P
Wonder if it will be released in the Netherlands as well or that I'll have to get it from the US...

noelbruton 09-24-2008 02:06 PM

Rhiannon in the Netherlands

Euro release will follow - suggest you keep an eye on www.lighthouse-interactive.com our EU publisher

Cheers

Noel
Co-founder
Arberth Studios

rtrooney 09-24-2008 04:41 PM

Really looking forward to the "coming soon" demo.

Len Green 09-25-2008 01:57 AM

Rhiannon is unusual & very good!

So many games seem to have followed a mould recently. Rhiannon is different... and not only because it's set in Wales !

A game very well worth playing ! As one of the beta testers I was very impressed !

([ Seems that some have already been sold & preordered via Interact:- how/why I'm not sure :-
http://www.gameboomers.com/forum/ubb...a5c#Post396518 ])

Len Green 09-26-2008 02:24 PM

Interesting how times change... and speed up --- maybe it's the Net ??
Once there were no walkthroughs.
Then they appeared usually quite a while after a game was released.
Then at the very date of release (at least somewhere in the world and in some language !!)... or at the most a couple of days after !

And now what seems to be an excellent & very detailed long walkthrough of Rhiannon has been posted on a Forum nine days before official release.

The world is certainly accelerating ! :crazy:

silent_m 10-04-2008 08:00 PM

Excellent! I'm one of those that really need a walkthrough sometimes :frusty:, so it's nice to see them come this quickly! Yes, times have changed, for the better! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Len Green (Post 483358)
Interesting how times change... and speed up --- maybe it's the Net ??
Once there were no walkthroughs.
Then they appeared usually quite a while after a game was released.
Then at the very date of release (at least somewhere in the world and in some language !!)... or at the most a couple of days after !

And now what seems to be an excellent & very detailed long walkthrough of Rhiannon has been posted on a Forum nine days before official release.

The world is certainly accelerating ! :crazy:

Luna Sevithiainen 10-05-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noelbruton (Post 483208)
Euro release will follow - suggest you keep an eye on www.lighthouse-interactive.com our EU publisher

Cheers

Noel
Co-founder
Arberth Studios

Any indication when there will be news about the EU release? The site is at the moment completely silent about Rhiannon.

Wew what an acceleration that a walkthrough is made even before release of the game. They must have invented the time-machine by now :crazy:

Melanie68 10-05-2008 11:52 AM

I wouldn't say we've been completely silent. This news item from a few days ago announcing the demos talks about the release dates for both N. America and Europe (albeit in general terms).

The thing about adventure games is that their release dates are notoriously awful. They slip from original projections and they rarely give a specific day (with the exception of Telltale which makes those dates the vast majority of the time). Unless there is some concrete info, it's hard to say anything specifically. Also we don't typically do news items on release dates, we just update the release dates page. :)

Luna Sevithiainen 10-05-2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie68 (Post 484099)
I wouldn't say we've been completely silent. This news item from a few days ago announcing the demos talks about the release dates for both N. America and Europe (albeit in general terms).

The thing about adventure games is that their release dates are notoriously awful. They slip from original projections and they rarely give a specific day (with the exception of Telltale which makes those dates the vast majority of the time). Unless there is some concrete info, it's hard to say anything specifically. Also we don't typically do news items on release dates, we just update the release dates page. :)

Whoops, I guess I was a little unclear in what I meant by 'the site'. I did mean the site of Lighthouse.
Thanks for pointing out the release date link, I was expecting to see something on the site of Lighthouse and kinda forgot about other sources.

Melanie68 10-05-2008 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen (Post 484102)
Whoops, I guess I was a little unclear in what I meant by 'the site'. I did mean the site of Lighthouse.

I didn't read your original post very carefully (and what you were responding to). :P