You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New trailer for 'Rhiannon'

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #1

Default New trailer for 'Rhiannon'

I'm sorry chaps, I simply don't have enough cigars to go round, but here's me, the proud Dad, announcing the new trailer for 'Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches' at http://www.rhiannongame.com. Thought you might like to know.

And GotGame have announced Oct 5th as the official US launch date. Good grief, that's only a fortnight away. Am I excited? Can a duck swim?

Breathe man, breathe.

Cheers

Noel Bruton
Co-founder
Arberth Studios
Old 09-24-2008, 10:54 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I'm really looking forward to play Rhiannon, and the trailer was really nice.

The good news is that October 5th is really close
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 09-24-2008, 12:40 PM   #3
Pixiehunter

The trailer surely looks interesting especially those supernatural elements, wonder what will be the story behind that
And the Welsh influence, yay, Celtic-interested me can't wait to lay her hands on this one!
Wonder if it will be released in the Netherlands as well or that I'll have to get it from the US...
Old 09-24-2008, 02:06 PM   #4

Default Rhiannon in the Netherlands

Euro release will follow - suggest you keep an eye on www.lighthouse-interactive.com our EU publisher

Cheers

Noel
Co-founder
Arberth Studios
Old 09-24-2008, 04:41 PM   #5
Codger

Really looking forward to the "coming soon" demo.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:57 AM   #6

Default Rhiannon is unusual & very good!

So many games seem to have followed a mould recently. Rhiannon is different... and not only because it's set in Wales !

A game very well worth playing ! As one of the beta testers I was very impressed !

([ Seems that some have already been sold & preordered via Interact:- how/why I'm not sure :-
http://www.gameboomers.com/forum/ubb...a5c#Post396518 ])
Old 09-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #7

Interesting how times change... and speed up --- maybe it's the Net ??
Once there were no walkthroughs.
Then they appeared usually quite a while after a game was released.
Then at the very date of release (at least somewhere in the world and in some language !!)... or at the most a couple of days after !

And now what seems to be an excellent & very detailed long walkthrough of Rhiannon has been posted on a Forum nine days before official release.

The world is certainly accelerating !
Old 10-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #8
Restless Dreamer

Excellent! I'm one of those that really need a walkthrough sometimes , so it's nice to see them come this quickly! Yes, times have changed, for the better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Green View Post
Interesting how times change... and speed up --- maybe it's the Net ??
Once there were no walkthroughs.
Then they appeared usually quite a while after a game was released.
Then at the very date of release (at least somewhere in the world and in some language !!)... or at the most a couple of days after !

And now what seems to be an excellent & very detailed long walkthrough of Rhiannon has been posted on a Forum nine days before official release.

The world is certainly accelerating !
Old 10-05-2008, 10:43 AM   #9
Pixiehunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelbruton View Post
Euro release will follow - suggest you keep an eye on www.lighthouse-interactive.com our EU publisher

Cheers

Noel
Co-founder
Arberth Studios
Any indication when there will be news about the EU release? The site is at the moment completely silent about Rhiannon.

Wew what an acceleration that a walkthrough is made even before release of the game. They must have invented the time-machine by now
Old 10-05-2008, 11:52 AM   #10
Super Moderator

I wouldn't say we've been completely silent. This news item from a few days ago announcing the demos talks about the release dates for both N. America and Europe (albeit in general terms).

The thing about adventure games is that their release dates are notoriously awful. They slip from original projections and they rarely give a specific day (with the exception of Telltale which makes those dates the vast majority of the time). Unless there is some concrete info, it's hard to say anything specifically. Also we don't typically do news items on release dates, we just update the release dates page.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:26 PM   #11
Pixiehunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
I wouldn't say we've been completely silent. This news item from a few days ago announcing the demos talks about the release dates for both N. America and Europe (albeit in general terms).

The thing about adventure games is that their release dates are notoriously awful. They slip from original projections and they rarely give a specific day (with the exception of Telltale which makes those dates the vast majority of the time). Unless there is some concrete info, it's hard to say anything specifically. Also we don't typically do news items on release dates, we just update the release dates page.
Whoops, I guess I was a little unclear in what I meant by 'the site'. I did mean the site of Lighthouse.
Thanks for pointing out the release date link, I was expecting to see something on the site of Lighthouse and kinda forgot about other sources.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
Whoops, I guess I was a little unclear in what I meant by 'the site'. I did mean the site of Lighthouse.
I didn't read your original post very carefully (and what you were responding to).