Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   True confessions! "I have never played..." (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/20244-true-confessions-i-have-never-played.html)

Davies 06-28-2007 02:12 AM

True confessions! "I have never played..."

Time to own up and risk the jeers of others.

What classic, must-have adventure games have you never (yet) played?

I'll start by admitting I've never so much as touched Maniac Mansion and the Day of the Tentacle.

DustyShinigami 06-28-2007 02:23 AM

Ditto. I have them but i can't be bothered with 'em at the moment, er...i mean i haven't got round to 'em yet. :D There's also Syberia 2 and Gabriel Knight 2 - i'm hopin' to get GK2 soon though and play it.

fajerkaos 06-28-2007 02:52 AM

Most of 'em :frown: (Grim Fandango, Gabriel Knight, Space Quest, Quest for Glory, Tex Murphy, The Longest Journey, Zork and the list goes on)

But I've come around thinking that I'm saving them for worse times. :shifty:

TiAgUh 06-28-2007 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fajerkaos (Post 421835)
Most of 'em :frown: (Grim Fandango, Gabriel Knight, Space Quest, Quest for Glory, Tex Murphy, The Longest Journey, Zork and the list goes on)

same here .. except for Tim Schafer's brain-child ..Grim Fandango

Shany 06-28-2007 05:36 AM

I never played Myst, most of Sierra's Quest series (other than King's Quest 7), and Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers.

sand maester 06-28-2007 06:23 AM

I haven't played any of Sierras adventure games (still trying to get GK1 to work), never played Myst, and i've yet to play Syberia.

Bobske 06-28-2007 06:55 AM

Somebody, please close this thread! It's too painful to read!

Go play GK!

Never played The Neverhood...

CrimsonBlue 06-28-2007 07:01 AM

I've never played through any of the Space Quests, King's Quests or Maniac Mansion.

Jelena 06-28-2007 07:08 AM

I haven't played any Sam & Max games.

I'm planning to get Hit the Road but since I'm not that fond of the cartoony style I've been hesitating.

Giligan 06-28-2007 07:18 AM

Quote:

"I have never played..."
...Any game ending in "Quest".
...Any game starting with "Broken".
...Any game starting with "Gabriel".

Dale Baldwin 06-28-2007 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giligan (Post 421896)
...Any game ending in "Quest".

You mean.... you've never played Christmas Quest? Sacrilege!

Giligan 06-28-2007 07:39 AM

I was tempted. Still, that was about the time that Gears of War and Call of Duty 3 were on my play list, so that ended it.

ATMachine 06-28-2007 07:40 AM

I've never played any of the Broken Sword series.

BerserkerTails 06-28-2007 08:41 AM

No Broken Swords (Except for a few minutes of number 2, I believe)
No Mysts since the first one
No GK3
No Loom
No Longest Journey/Dreamfall

...I think that's it.

Oh, and I never completed Grim Fandango. Got to Year 3, but didn't play it for a while. Have to start that one over soon...

tsa 06-28-2007 11:03 AM

I've never played The day of the tentacle, Monkey Island, and I don't think I've ever finished a Roberta Williams game.

Kolzig 06-28-2007 11:13 AM

I've never played Sanitarium, though I own it.
I've never played Darkseed 1&2 and I owned both, now I own only the first one.
I've never played any of the King's Quest games even though I do own Roberta Williams anthology set in mint condition.
I've never played Last Express the full game, even though I've owned it for a couple of years now.

Do I need to continue with the listing? :)

Then again adventure games I haven't finished yet, but have played: Stilllife, Broken Sword 1, Gabriel Knight 3 and so many more.

There are of course also some adventure games that I've played and would've never wanted to play, if I had known how horrible those were, mainly I'm talking about Escape from Monkey Island. :)

Kazmajik 06-28-2007 11:27 AM

I never played Sam and Max Hit the Road, but I do have it, and it's on my list, especially with the new episodes (which I haven't played yet, either) soon to be available by retail.
I never finished Grim Fandango, but I will! Very soon! I'll have to start from the beginning, and see how it will play in XP, but I'm looking forward to it.

cwapitm 06-28-2007 12:15 PM

I have never played

Full Throttle
The Dig
Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2
Broken Sword 1 and 2
Gabriel Knight 1 and 2

At least those are the big ones. I never played any of the Myst games all the way through and I don't plan to. I hadn't played Grim Fandango until just this year.

MartyMcFly 06-28-2007 12:36 PM

With broken sword 1 and 2 being a fiver in the UK, what member on here has an excuse NOT to play lol?! Seriously, its worth it, broken sword was the game that introduced me to adventure, and still the best i have ever played.

As for what i havent played....ermmm....i own all 3 gabriel knights, and haven't properly played any of them! I will though i promise haha!

Valkyrie 06-28-2007 12:46 PM

I own The Dig, Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis, Loom, and Maniac Mansion, but I've never played any of them. (...Yet.)

I started Beneath a Steel Sky but never finished it.

And I've never been anywhere near any of the Sierra games.